Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2009, 05:10 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,579,111 times

Advertisements

Dinner was sort of changed. Steak sliced thin with BBQ sauce, fresh corn cut off the cob, and some stir fried zucchini. Not bad combo...Sherbet for later...

Did ya'll happen to notice that Lacey is lighting up the dinner table a little more tonight?

Old 05-04-2009, 05:11 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,626,062 times
DH took me to Wendy's. It was fine with me...lol

Old 05-04-2009, 05:14 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Dinner was sort of changed. Steak sliced thin with BBQ sauce, fresh corn cut off the cob, and some stir fried zucchini. Not bad combo...Sherbet for later...

Did ya'll happen to notice that Lacey is lighting up the dinner table a little more tonight?
No, I didn't. Hmmmm...wonder what's up???

Old 05-04-2009, 05:27 PM

1,116 posts, read 2,963,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
YLisa why the heck someone hasn't come up with that! Same here 2 people 8 rolls? They end up in the freezer.
WAIT. Wait just a minute. You mean to tell me that's not a married person serving? Two for me and six for my husband? Right?!

Apparently it's genetic. My mother in law, freshly married, didn't know that a half-dozen eggs and a half pack of bacon a morning wasn't an average portion. And that 11 krispy kreme doughnuts is not a serving. And was wondering why she spent so much on food. I learned from her that salads are a good secret weapon.

Dinner tonight is...oh...um...I should probably figure that out. DH gets off of work at 9, so we'll probably just go grab something out. Or tuck in to the ice cream in the freezer and watch House...unfortunately, it's probably the latter. (Ben and Jerry's Magic Brownies is so good!)

Old 05-04-2009, 05:56 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,246,925 times
Cyn, I am so happy, you are most welcomed.

DD called & then a special girlfriend, so dh special snack right now after he comes back from walking "furry child" will be lean roast beef, BH imported ham, and white American cheese with German mustard on rye with hm potato/egg salad. I am having ham and swiss on rye with some assorted olives and feta.

I hope everyone has a wonderful night, Jack Bauer will be coming on pretty soon. I will see you all tomorrow. kelsie

Old 05-04-2009, 05:58 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,024,908 times
Meatloaf, mac and cheese, salad

Old 05-04-2009, 06:48 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,389,075 times
Kat

I'm trying so hard just to get my garden started so I've put the canning on the back burner. I am excited about doing both but I have to wait for DH to move the solar panels so I can have the wood for my gardens. I can't wait to go to the gardening and canning forums as a true contributor.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:54 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,334,402 times
I actually got home at a reasonable hour tonight, and had a chance to catch up with today's conversation at the dinner table! Probably won't happen again for a while, but it was fun for a change.

Big congratulations to all the newly-svelte among us - that's not easy to do, as I know all too well. You'd think that with that big head start I got on not eating last week, I'd have built on it and continued the progress, but noooooooooo...... In my defense, anyone living with the kind of gifted and creative chef I'm married to has some major barriers to successful dieting!

The gifted and creative chef went with simple and comforting for supper tonight: good old mac-n-cheese, made with sharp cheddar and Swiss with a goodly dollop of mustard for seasoning. Wonderful stuff, and I'm very content. He found a recipe for a salad that he says is Swedish (hey, could be, I wouldn't know) that involves cucumber and green pepper in a sort of herbed marinade, which was very good as well.

Dishes await, followed by work on the convention, so as much as I'd like to chat, I'll bid you all good evening. Have a good one, see you tomorrow!

Old 05-04-2009, 07:01 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,289,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Kat

I'm trying so hard just to get my garden started so I've put the canning on the back burner. I am excited about doing both but I have to wait for DH to move the solar panels so I can have the wood for my gardens. I can't wait to go to the gardening and canning forums as a true contributor.
Well, I don't know why. It's not like you have anything else to do!

You know I am sooooo kidding you! You make me look like the poster child for slothful! LOL

Old 05-04-2009, 07:10 PM

48,121 posts, read 21,999,038 times
tonights supper was a dry packed scallop stir fry done in the wok with green onions, celery, sweet multi-colored peppers and onions done up with sherry and szchewan stir fry (House of Tang) sauce, tossed with fettacinni and fresh chopped parsley! It was beyond delicious. My DP couldnt believe his taste buds....it was so good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink