Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2009, 08:34 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,188,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Jaxson, are you in MI? Only reason I ask is that I was wondering if Meijer was expanding to other states.
No I am in Indiana we have them in a lot of towns in our state too. Just getting a new one nearer to me than any others. The one I have shopped at I did like their produce and bakery dept. Our Super Wal Mart hasn't put any money in it since it was builts about 10-12 years ago. Guess who is remodeling now??? Never would have done it if they were still the only game in town.

We did eat at Cracker Barrel and I have decided that since not smoking none of these food joints taste the same to me. I wasn't happy with my country fried steak tonight don't know why just didn't taste as I remember. So we decided it has to be from not smoking I told them I will have to find a new fav then at CB's. Carrots, biscuits and apple butter still were good.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:15 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Aaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh! Far too much to catch up with Busy trying to pack up my circus and get ready for a road trip.

Tonight was a grilled Mesquite turkey breast, Muenster cheese, roasted red pepper, tapenade, Dijon mustard sandwich on a nice semolina bread. I'm working my way towards Dagwood status

Old 03-30-2009, 10:18 PM

14 posts, read 22,946 times
Hello All,,, I'm new here,,, looks like fun though!

Stopped at Subway and got a foot long tuna sub for dinner. No chips, cookie or a drink though... plenty of that at home to snack on!

Old 03-30-2009, 10:23 PM

1,055 posts, read 4,117,121 times
Steamed veggies (from frozen to the nuker) and two hamburger patties. Veggies got the pepper and lemon treatment and the patties just got tossed on top. Yeah not quite a normal meal but I got what I needed out of it and they tasted pretty good together, lol. I really need to go grocery shopping, running out of planned meals and having to improvise.

Old 03-30-2009, 10:38 PM

2,061 posts, read 4,135,306 times
fresh salad, grilled lemon pepper chicken, leftover homemade mac'n cheese!

tomorrow night is whatever we can get on the way to dress rehersal of Easter pagent at the Mormon visitor center~ They expect only about 3000 people to the rehearsal~ and about 10,000 per performance of the pageant.

Old 03-31-2009, 04:39 AM

48,133 posts, read 22,004,457 times
My DP will be in Portland today and will stop at the fish market.....so fresh fish tonight. details to follow.

Old 03-31-2009, 05:50 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Well nothing went as planned yesterday. Instead of planting my roses I ended up planting several grape vines along our shop fence and then I started weeding my already planted rose garden Hopefully today, after I finish planting the rest of the grape vines I will then begin planting some roses. I doubt it though as we still have to prepare the soil and that takes some time here with this red clay!! I do know I will at least get in a couple of rose buses I plan on replacing in the older rose garden anyhow! Even my dinner plans changed....we had to go shopping so I picked up some General Tso's Chicken--it was ok but not my favorite. Tonight DH is going to grill some nice big cube steaks---best do it today because the rain returns tomorrow!! My newly planted grapes and rose bushes will love that rain.

Old 03-31-2009, 06:05 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I saw a nice up scale Greek resturant in Portland last week that I want to try....it wasnt a pepsi and cheeseburger or hot wiener place but a nice resturant with tables and table cloths.....I want to give it a try....I did see moussaka on the menu as well as several lamb options.
We had been traveling, and so were up to here with all the ordinary foods...I think it was so good because it was a change of pace.

Old 03-31-2009, 06:08 AM

48,133 posts, read 22,004,457 times
The ground still is pretty frozen here....except the top layer which is somewhere between mud and puddle in most places.....so too early to think of planting .....but I did see the first shoots of daffodills I planted last fall, over on a sunny bank along the street.

Old 03-31-2009, 06:25 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,335,832 times
Still pretty muddy here, too, Elston, though my garden is full of tiny green shoots emerging, so I have hope. The spouse has been yearning over seed catalogs in recent weeks, and I predict he'll be out there with the tiller as soon as the ground is a little drier. As much rain as we've had lately, that may still be a while, but I know he's ready.

Our regular weekly dinner guests are joining us tonight, and the spouse has decided on a big pot of posole with pico de gallo and corn chips. That's one of our favorites, but we haven't had it in a while because it's hard to make a quantity small enough for just the two of us. It'll be a nice way to warm up on a chilly, rainy spring day.

Have a great one, all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink