Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2009, 06:48 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,302,985 times

Advertisements

Busted again! Ha! My wonderful broccoli and noodle casserole is made by our very own Souffers'!! It also has chicken in it! We were gone fishing all day----very slow, one small fish. I do catch and release most of the time anyhow. It was quick and pretty good for a frozen dinner. I made some garlic toast and had sliced tomatoes with it!
I'm with you Lacey---my bed sounds so inviting but DH likes me to sit in the den with him while he watches TV so I will sleep in my chair until he is ready to jump into bed. I will talk to everyone tomorrow. Oh yeah--my arm is really starting to feel a lot better. I think those anti-inflamitory pills really are doing the trick! It still pops and clicks at the shoulder and that hurts when it happens but just general lifting and using it is better. Can't drive especially taking any medications and my arm is still not strong enough to depend on it for to long. Hopefully that will get better soon too.

Old 05-21-2009, 06:55 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times
Lazy dinner tonight, grilled honey ham/swiss on semolina bread dressed with spicy mustard and garlicky tapenade, store bought mac salad and cole slaw on the side. Pretty tasty & quick.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:39 PM

8,893 posts, read 4,542,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Well guys....Chatterbox turns FIVE tomorrow I am not cooking tonight.... grabbing and going.... have to run to the store and buy her gift. Hubby is in charge tonight. Don't know what he has planned but that is none of my concern! LOL....

Tomorrow we are celebrating with the FAM and having Pizza and REAL Buffalo Wings, Salad and Appetizers.... Cake of Course (called Ding Dong Cake- tastes like an actual Ding Dong- crowd FAV)... Can't believe my BABY is FIVE!!!!!!!!!!

Had to share some Ding Dong Cake w/ my Foodie Friends..... (from Savoia's Pastry Shop in Rochester NY)

- Savoia Pastry Shoppe - Rochester, NY
What time shall I be there, looks heavenly!

Old 05-21-2009, 07:56 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,866,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post

skbs DD & I are crashing Chatterbox's party just to have some of that cake! OK all you disecting cooks out there we have to come up with a recipe to try this cake I just broke my front tooth off on the monitor trying to get a taste. Happy bday to your baby girl!

Well our garden is planted for 2009~ farmers are planting fields like crazy all around us. My DD brought home 2 awards ~ perfect attendance and an outstanding reading award she was selected for our state governor's award program for her school. Now the sad part I got in the mail today her high school class schedule for the fall.
First off: Congrats to DD!!! What a great award!!!! HIGH SCHOOL I know you are sad but that is such a big deal! She must be so excited...

Now, I know you all are very excited about that cake.... the reps just prove it!! hahah You all could come and chow really... haha There is a rum cake coming too but I know there are a lot of Choco-lovers here

Jaxson is right.... Cake Disection... Kelsie???? maybe??? The Italian Chef of the group??? It is from a true Italian Bakery in Rochester.... that is why I am pointing fingers HAHAHA.... now everyone is LOOKING TO KELSIE! hahah there is a description on the site a posted...... it is very thick and rich.... the FROSTING is SUPER SUPER THICK!!!!!

Old 05-21-2009, 08:14 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,116 times
So work on Tuesday was horrible! The owner was late to open.. 15min is a lot of time to be late when it is lunch hour. I had a full dining room and was very busy. No complaints there. Well an ex-employee walks in the restaurant, behind the counter, and into the back kitchen.... I think hmmmm owell (no time for this). The owner/chef comes out to tell me she worked for him 15 years earlier and that she ordered food directly through him. So I take a drink order from her and her friend. She snaps at me and says "We need menus to order food or drink!" I apologize and bring her the menus. Mind you I have a full dining room and am trying to take care of everyone else too. I can tell at this moment she does not care for me at all. I take her order and it is her own concoction of a veal sandwich. Veal, mayo, tomatoes, lettuce, and onion on our Italian bread. I say no problem.. I then bring her out the Greek salad that she ordered through the chef. "Where's the dressing?" she snaps. I say the salad is tossed in the dressing. "Well I need MORE!"
Sure no problem (grrrrrr) but I am not going to let this get me. At this point it becomes a game in my own mind. She wants to break me and instead I am just going to kill her with kindness. Mom always said misery loves company and I wasn't about to join her.
I am now bringing there food to the table. I watch her examine her sandwich. She then says "I need mayonnaise." I say "oh there is mayonnaise on there I made sure would you like some extra?"
She rolls her eyes in disgust and says "Let me give you a little advice keep your mouth shut and do as the costumer asks!" ahhhhhhhhhh is all I am thinking and what comes out of my mouth..... "Thank you Mrs. I appreciate your advice and I smile. I have never had anyone speak to me like that but I was very proud of how I dealt with it. 48$ bill = 3$ tip. I put the 3$ in the lost children fund at work. I felt good about that too! ha ha ha!

Dinner tonight changed when the top sirloin steak said "BUY ME!" Baked potato for hub and we all enjoyed asparagus

Old 05-21-2009, 08:20 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,182,724 times
Nomad if DD will cook for you be sure to ask for a big doggie bag. You already know what to tell the Mrs.

skbsI did a search for a ding dong cake but with my dial up didn't really get much. Nothing even sounding remotely what you posted in that fab pic. What did ya get Chatterbox for her special day.

Thanks for the kudos for DD she is excited to be going but then says she doesn't want her high school days to start yet.

Supper was so good guys drooling good OK?

Old 05-21-2009, 08:28 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,182,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbaby27 View Post
[color=black][font=Verdana]Mom always said misery loves company and I wasn't about to join her.
You have a smart mama and glad you have made her proud by following her advice! Did the owner know she was so demanding towards you?

I'm proud of you Amber.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:32 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,116 times
Hey Jaxs I found this recipe for ya.. I know SKBS has had it I have not just trying to help ya out

SERVES 12 , 1 9x13 cake

INGdddddd
Ding Dong Cake
  • 1 (18 ounce) box Pillsbury Plus Devils Food cake mix
FILLING
ICING
Directions
  1. 1

Bake cake according to directions on box, using a 9x13-inch pan. After it cools, slice in half horizontally and set aside until filling is prepared.
  2. 2

FILLING: Combine milk and flour. Cook until thick, then cool. Mix butter and shortening for 4 minutes. Add sugar and vanilla and mix 4 more minutes. Add flour mixture and beat 4 minutes more.
  3. 3

Spread on bottom layer of cake and replace top layer of cake.
  4. 4

ICING:.
  5. 5

Combine butter, vanilla, milk, cocoa and mix. Add powdered sugar until quite thick.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:34 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,569,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbaby27 View Post
Hey Jaxs I found this recipe for ya.. I SKBS has had it I have not just trying to help ya out
SERVES 12 , 1 9x13 cake </SPAN>

• <LI class=my-rating id=star_list style="WIDTH: 100%">
  • DINGdddddd
Ding Dong Cake
  • 1 (18 ounce) box Pillsbury Plus Devils Food cake mix
FILLING
ICING
Directions
  1. 1

Bake cake according to directions on box, using a 9x13-inch pan. After it cools, slice in half horizontally and set aside until filling is prepared.
  2. 2

FILLING: Combine milk and flour. Cook until thick, then cool. Mix butter and shortening for 4 minutes. Add sugar and vanilla and mix 4 more minutes. Add flour mixture and beat 4 minutes more.
  3. 3

Spread on bottom layer of cake and replace top layer of cake.
  4. 4

ICING:.
  5. 5

Combine butter, vanilla, milk, cocoa and mix. Add powdered sugar until quite thick.
I bookmarked it. Might as well go shopping for a new belt...

Old 05-21-2009, 08:34 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,588,814 times
gimme, gimme
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink