Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2009, 07:46 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,505,594 times

Advertisements

Way to go Amber, good job handling that miserable wretch.

It's happy hour night tonight, gang. Don't know what dinner will end up holding.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:00 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times
I have a little time to spare before I have to leave mu computer for over 24 hours.

Amber- You did awesome. I really don't understand why some people "choose" misery over just being nice. Life is hard enough without being a b***.

Cyn- You should be very proud of your daughter.

Amber I cannot believe you posted the Ding Dong cake recipe. OMG that looks so good I'm drooling. Now I'll have to come up with a special occasion just so I can make it, lol.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:09 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,594,189 times
I don't know why y'all are being so nice about Amber. Personally, I think she owes us all big time for posting that ding dong cake recipe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
<drooling>Did you say catfish AND hushpuppies???? Good thing I am going to visit Mama & Daddy at the lake July 4th!
I'll need directions please
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
Yuck! I hate when people cant behave well in public. "Bitter party of one, your table is ready."
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Old saying-"she has a lot of class-too bad it's all low."
Priceless! love these two quotes LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
My nephew graduates today from Ft. Benning GA and has been accepted into The Green Berets. I am so proud and how fitting for this weekend.
Thanks for the good wishes and right back atcha. That's fabulous about your nephew!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
NMS yes some people do put raisins in their meatballs - I never have tho.
Sounds like a good way to ruin a perfectly good meatball
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
Have a great day everyone. kelsie
You too, Kelsie - not to be weird or anything but everytime I see you post I think "I love that name!". So, now you know

Old 05-22-2009, 08:27 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Kelsie-your reference to Mr. Bolo's spouse was exactly what I was thinking. Amber handled her beautifully-me? she would have been wearing that "oops" I dropped.

This is a huge weekend up here as it's "Awake The Lakes" which starts today thru Monday. Town is packed, stored are packed, summer residents return in droves to their lake homes and resorts.

Old 05-22-2009, 09:16 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,944,844 times
Wow......lots to catch up on. I can't remember everything I just read because all I can focus on is Ding Dong, Ding Dong, Ding Dong!! skbs -- thanks for posting that. When I'm in Rochester/Canadaigua in August for a wedding I want to hit up that bakery! I don't think I have the talent to pull off Amber's recipe - but thanks for posting it!!

Cyn, glad your arm is feeling better and congrats on your nephew becoming a green beret crazy!

Lacey, I'm jealous. I miss lakes! My parents have a summer house in a town on Lake Michigan called Pentwater. All the family will be up there this weekend ringing in the summer holiday. I can't wait to get up there in June!

Dinner tonight is going to be either pizza out or baked chicken breasts coated in panko, lemon zest, rosemary and parmesan along with the steamed artichokes and pesto potatoes. Whichever one we have tonight, we'll do the other on Saturday. Sunday is a cookout with a great group of friends up in Ft. Collins.

For Jax and whoever else asked me about school -- I wish I was done! I still have to go through June 1, although the students are done on Weds. next week. So boring the last few days.

Old 05-22-2009, 09:25 AM

3,273 posts, read 2,969,763 times
Ding Dong cake recipe??? Off to find it. I could use a few more calories today!!! LOL

Old 05-22-2009, 09:25 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,122,758 times
I can't catch up on here because I should obviously avoid the ding dong cake recipe!! LOL Especially since I plan to lounge around the pool this weekend.

No clue what's for dinner tonight since I haven't been to the grocery store in forever. Maybe chicken skewers and veggies on the grill.

Old 05-22-2009, 09:45 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
Wow......lots to catch up on. I can't remember everything I just read because all I can focus on is Ding Dong, Ding Dong, Ding Dong!! skbs -- thanks for posting that. When I'm in Rochester/Canadaigua in August for a wedding I want to hit up that bakery! I don't think I have the talent to pull off Amber's recipe - but thanks for posting it!!

Cyn, glad your arm is feeling better and congrats on your nephew becoming a green beret crazy!

Lacey, I'm jealous. I miss lakes! My parents have a summer house in a town on Lake Michigan called Pentwater. All the family will be up there this weekend ringing in the summer holiday. I can't wait to get up there in June!

Dinner tonight is going to be either pizza out or baked chicken breasts coated in panko, lemon zest, rosemary and parmesan along with the steamed artichokes and pesto potatoes. Whichever one we have tonight, we'll do the other on Saturday. Sunday is a cookout with a great group of friends up in Ft. Collins.

For Jax and whoever else asked me about school -- I wish I was done! I still have to go through June 1, although the students are done on Weds. next week. So boring the last few days.
Ok, so if you don't mind how do you do your pesto potatoes?? Sounds so good.....

Old 05-22-2009, 09:51 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
I must have missed something...Lacey, you're not feeling good?

I'm glad to hear that someone else (Lacey) has heard about raisins in their meatballs. I just thought it was my nutsy neighbor! I shouldn't say that. She's a sweetheart.

kudos to crazy's nephew. You have a right to be proud.

I'm not even going to acknowledge the ding dong cake. Nope. Wouldn't want a piece of it, no way. Not ever. Welll......maybe a bite!

Old 05-22-2009, 09:59 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,944,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Ok, so if you don't mind how do you do your pesto potatoes?? Sounds so good.....
Very easy. Just dice up potatoes and boil (or use baby ones and leave whole). Toss with some pesto, a little butter or olive oil if it is still not "wet" enough to your liking, and season with salt and pepper. You can add some more parmesan cheese too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink