Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2009, 06:42 PM

114,841 posts, read 65,612,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
I cut the pizza into quarters. Three are unaccounted for and one slice is in fridge for breakfast...I am home alone.....
That leaves only you to blame cuz momma tried. We were going to have tacos. But, wife picked up some fried chicken from our local BBQ outfit. She ran late helping an old friend. Big Texas fries and a couple small loaves of fresh baked bread. "Good Eats" !! Now, where's the dessert thread??

Old 06-01-2009, 06:42 PM

5,553 posts, read 6,726,338 times
Tuna-macaroni salad - macaroni, celery, peas, Miracle Whip.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:43 PM

2,410 posts, read 5,994,032 times
Well, not sure what is for dinner tonight. I don't feel like cooking so I might just have some plain air popped popcorn. We have some hotdogs and some hotpockets for my husband to have when he gets home. Maybe tomorrow I'll feel like cooking.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:03 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,140,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
I cut the pizza into quarters. Three are unaccounted for and one slice is in fridge for breakfast...I am home alone.....
So what are you saying it was pretty good with that pulled pork them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
Jax, we have a leftover night maybe once a week. What I do is portion control.
I wondered how you did the meats thanks for sharing.

satx good to see ya around the dinner table and yes there are dessert threads over under the recipes.

Mookster that would be me draped across something being towed in for sure if I tried to run.

molochai how's work going are you back to full time now? Knee doing OK?

Lacey night sleep well.

kimba we are going to try that pulled pork pizza next time. We like it over a baked potato this time.

NMS did you do the clean up like MWBW does with her spouse?

Aylalou we eat a lot of cold pasta salads for suppers in the summer here too.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:05 PM

20,549 posts, read 30,314,670 times
kelsie- My DH "loves" his sausage and peppers in the crockpot. I'm not a big fan but it is really easy. I cut up the green peppers and place them on the bottom. On top of that I add uncooked sweet Italian sausage, and Prego on top. Cover and simmer on low. After about 5 hours I skim the fat and slice the sausage and back in the pot they go. 5-6 hours later they are ready with another quick skim. It seems to work with the sausage but I tried it with raw meatballs once and they were so greasy that DH and I got sick. I threw them out.

The crockpot works well in a solar house. No problems.

We just got back from working about 9:00pm so I am glad dinner was ready for us.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:47 PM

2,410 posts, read 5,994,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
....molochai how's work going are you back to full time now? Knee doing OK?....
Knee is doing better, although still not up to full strength. Physical Therapist said that can take up to a year after I started PT to get full strength back. I'm finally without a brace and also without the cane. I only limp once in awhile, if I've been standing too long so I'm well on the road to recovery.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:53 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,928,236 times
That's great news Molochai! We cooked beer brats in a baking pan on the grill - fill it with beer, brown sugar, and sauerkraut and let it cook down. Slap on a bun and top with Nance's spicy mustard. YUM. Also had homemade coleslaw on the side.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:59 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,928,236 times
That's great news Molochai! We cooked beer brats in a baking pan on the grill - fill it with beer, brown sugar, and sauerkraut and let it cook down. Slap on a bun and top with Nance's spicy mustard. YUM. Also had homemade coleslaw on the side.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:23 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,312,528 times
Glad to hear from you, Molochai - I was wondering the other day how you've been doing, and thinking that it had been a while since we heard from you. Grand news on the progress with the knee, too! That's got to be good to hear after the troubles you had getting the bones to knit originally. Keep on taking good care of the knee, and yourself.

I'm thinking that Elston and his dear partner are due back from Japan sometime soon, too. I've sure missed his gentle good humor and incredible descriptions of stewed old shoes.... Hope they've had a magnificent time, and that he'll come back with loads of great stories to share.

We found some good avocados at the grocery yesterday, which is a small miracle in Wisconsin, so supper tonight featured wonderful home-made guacamole with corn chips. Of course, if you're going to have corn chips and guac, you need to have enchiladas and black bean soup to go with them, and the spouse rose to the occasion most nobly. The result was wonderful, and very filling.

On to dishes and bed, in that order. Take care, all, and have a good evening.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:32 PM

1,539 posts, read 3,182,275 times
Sloppy joes with cheddar cheese slices. Organic alfredo mac n cheese. Bourbon baked beans (okay,okay from the can!) and some steamed spinach. Kind of a hodgepodge dinner but everyone was starving and it was delicious!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink