Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2009, 02:09 AM

48,112 posts, read 21,992,097 times

Advertisements

Did finally cook a supper last night......panko coasted turkey cutlets with fresh green beans and parsley'd potatoes. Used a little Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce on the cooked turkey.

I tried making the beans in a more healthy style.....omitting the usual piece of salt pork and substituted a piece of konbo (japanese kelp or sea weed).....I liked the way it turned out.....didnt miss the extra fat (of course I did add butter to the finished product....but I did that the old way too)!

I crashed about 9 and woke up about 3:30 AM. I am trying to avoid waking up the household.

MWBW.....thinkng of you and your daughter......There is an old blues line......"When things ain't right with you....it hurts me too." I know that you will be worrying about DD

Old 06-07-2009, 03:51 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,942,261 times
Well folks, I am wide awake at 4 a.m. as well....so excited and feeling jumpy because - guess what - I got engaged yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-07-2009, 04:54 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
Yeah HG-no wonder you are up and excited-congratulations to you and BF!

MWBW-hope things work out. Best thing is just let her know you're there if she needs to talk.

Going out for awhile today and it'll be leftover chili-always better next day.

Old 06-07-2009, 05:52 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,586,547 times
Whoa Highlands - congratulations! Wishing you all the best

elston - while you were away, I snuck up to Cyn's table and soon noticed some themes - ingredients that kept popping up in the conversation. Among them this month are: panko, panko, and more panko...sweet baby rays...and pork. So, I had to rep you this morning for hitting the trifecta with all three in one meal!

Tonight, we're invited to our neighbor's place for dinner - they wanted to see us one more time together before my guy heads out west. Chances are they'll serve something Asian-inspired - one partner is Chinese and he usually prepares the savory part of the meal. Whatever it is, it will be good and the conversation will be even better - we'll really miss them - glad I'll have more time with them before I follow-on next year

Old 06-07-2009, 06:25 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
toosie, panko is one of the major food groups here at Cyn's table.

Highlands Gal, many congratulations to you and your intended. Don't forget, we all get invited to the wedding (especially the reception!).

MWBW, my heart goes out to your DD and her SO. I'm sure things will turn out for the best, no matter which way it goes. Give her a big hug from us all.

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times
Good morning all. I have been very busy lately and on top of that I fell behind on my story and pictures. I have a mess to sort through before tomorrow. We had a beautiful day yesterday and I planted another veggie garden. Woo hoo. I am so excited. This one is a little bigger than the last one. If everything grows in I may need some help with extra veggies, lol. I think I planted too much.

Wow you all had a great time. It seems I missed the bus and the margaritas.

Elston- A big welcome back. It's so nice to have you back at the dinner table.

HG- Woo hoo. Wow that is so exciting. I am very happy for you. Congratulations to you and your BF.

Toosie- Hey I found a new food for you to try. It's called Panko. Have you "ever heard" of it, lol?

Tonight is either the last of the chicken or hot dogs on the grill. Time will tell.

Have a great day everyone.

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
Congratulations HG!! How exciting! Enjoy every minute!
MWBW...maybe, just maybe things will be ok. As we "oldies" already know we sometimes just need to clear the air once in awhile! I hope this is one of those times. Your DD is very fortunate to have you for her mother to be there for her!
Have a fun day today Lacey!

Old 06-07-2009, 08:49 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,245,086 times
HG: What exciting news! I am so happy for you ad your db, I loved being the mother of the brides. All the coordinating and planning is just so much fun. Have you set a date? I would love to come out and prepare the food for your showers and rehearsal dinner. Just pick me up at the airport.

MWBW: I will be thinking of you & dd today--hugs to both of you.

Elston, it is so good to be part of your wonderful vacation experience.

Last nights dinner turned out to be, baked Eggplant Parm breaded in Panko, (which I won't do again b/c the Panko did not stick to the eggplant the way I wanted it to) thin spaghetti topped with a hint of tomato/basil gravy & grated Pecorino Romano cheese, chicken Piccata in a delicious wine, chicken broth & caper light sauce, crispy Italian bread & salad with the fixins', lemon meringue pie. It really turned out delicious. I wanted to do a dinner that was easy and not too heavy so the guys could finish the neighbor's kitchen floor.

dh is on the "stupid" shift today, so 3:00 pm Sunday dinner will be leftovers from the last 2 days, chicken Piccata, mussels, pasta Percatelli, roasted zucchini, bread.

Not sure what I am going to make when he comes home at 7, something lite. I will let you know later.

I hope everyone has a lovely Sunday, see you soon. kelsie

Old 06-07-2009, 08:56 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,586,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Toosie- Hey I found a new food for you to try. It's called Panko. Have you "ever heard" of it, lol?
Gee thanks, I'll have to look into that
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
thin spaghetti topped with a hint of tomato/basil gravy & grated Pecorino Romano cheese, chicken Piccata in a delicious wine, chicken broth & caper light sauce, crispy Italian bread & salad with the fixins', lemon meringue pie.
Basil, capers, lemon meringue pie - now that's a holy trinity I can get behind!

Old 06-07-2009, 08:56 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,556,021 times
I have enough to choose from but nothing sounds like comfort at the moment. I may use up some of those BBQ beans I have with some soft taco shells. Best guess for now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink