Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2009, 02:07 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,742,666 times

Advertisements

My daffodils are popping but my yellow white and purple crocuses came completely up this week and then I watched a woman out walking with her kids a couple of days ago and she let her daughter pick a couple. I'm thinking well that is nervy but hey she is little. An hour later they came walking by my house again and I was watching them and the mother went right over gathered up all the flowers and pulled them out of the ground including the bulbs. I was pissed.
I opened my window and yelled at her asking her if she thought that was a bit rude. She went well yes it is and then yelled at her little kid like she did it and tried to stuff them back in my soil. A little late for that. JeeZ some people. So much for enjoying my first signs of Spring.

Old 04-02-2009, 02:22 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,391,972 times
Kat and Nomad you both had me chuckling over your banter last night.

Jaxson- Congrats on the no smoking. Maybe you should try gum or lollipops(like Kojak) instead of the sweets. Not that anything is wrong with sweets, lol. How I love them. Mike gained a bunch of weight the first time he stopped because of Pringles.

That is so cool that you know someone who is 100. Tell her Happy Birthday. I love taking a walk down memory lane with people that have lived for so long. It is fascination.

burdell- Good luck with all the moving aggravation. This should be a fun and exciting time for you. I hope you get it cleared up soon.

skbs- Sounds like Diva had a blast anyway.

Lacey- Welcome home.

Amber- That dinner looks so good. I can't have anything like that until June or so.

Cyn- My heart goes out to you. You have had such a rough time lately and I feel so bad.

I went grocery shopping again today. My DH thinks I have become obsessed, lol. I can't buy much because we aren't eating much but I love the sales. Loaded up on Strawberries. Now I need help. I bought 5 containers and they are so good.

Last night's Oven Fried Chicken with Panko was delicious. Tonight DH is having leftovers a la Parmesan. I am making Egg Foo Young. I have never made this before so I hope it turns out well. This is the recipe. I am not using any meat and I am using eggbeaters for a very low cal dinner and no rice.

Ingredients
1 (14 ounce) can bean sprouts
1 (7 ounce) can mushrooms
1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
4 green onions, including green parts, chopped
1 1/2 cups leftover cooked turkey or ham or cooked chicken, chopped
8 eggs
peanut oil, for sauteing
Sauce
1 cup water
1 chicken bouillon cube
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with
1 tablespoon cold water
cooked rice

Directions
1 Drain the canned veggies REALLY well; I remove the lids and then press, with the lids, down into the cans, in the sink to get as much liquid out as possible; slice the sliced water chestnuts into thin strips (sounds silly but this is how I do it); chop up the mushrooms into 1/4-inch pieces.

2 Combine the bean sprouts, mushrooms, water chestnuts, green onions and whatever meat you've chosen in a mixing bowl; make a well in the center and crack the eggs in there, then break up and 'scramble' the eggs; then just mix the whole dang thing like heck, you should have a nice, eggy mixture where the eggs and other ingredients are about equal in proportion; too much egg and your patties will run, too little egg and the patties won't hold together.

3 Heat about a 1/4 cup of oil until hot but not smoking in a good, solid, frying pan; working in batches, add the egg mixture in about 1/4 cup amounts with a large spoon, patting them into circles and 'scooping' the runny side egg mixture into the patties as you work; mix the egg mixture before adding to the pan as the solid ingredients tend to fall to the bottom of your mixing bowl.

4 check the bottoms of the patties and turn them over and cook until they become a nice, golden brown; put them on a serving platter to keep warm in the oven, they keep warm very well for quite a while without losing quality.

5 Repeat the above step with remaining egg mixture, adding extra oil as needed to the frying pan; the magic formula here is a good, hot, frying pan with enough oil to 'seal' the egg mixture so it doesn't run too much.

6 Sauce:.
7 Combine water, chicken bouillon cube and soy sauce in a pot and bring to a boil; combine cornstarch and water and then stir that mixture into the boiling broth/soy sauce mixture until thickened (I suggest doubling this, we always consume the sauce).

8 Serve the patties over steamed rice, with the sauce.

9 Freezing tips:.
10 This stuff freezes really well; wrap patties in enough foil to fit a baking sheet then stick the package in a plastic freezer bag and when you're ready to use them, just unwrap the package, reusing the foil, place on a baking sheet and heat at about 350°F for about 15-20 minutes; make your rice and sauce while the patties are reheating and you have dinner in 30 minutes!

Old 04-02-2009, 03:00 PM

3,273 posts, read 2,969,547 times
Good afternoon!

First off, I am so sorry Cyn! This happened too soon for you. ((()))

Ok, I'm having the leftover Ziti and sausage tonight. DH is on liquids today in preparation for his colonoscopy tomorrow morning.

Have a great evening!

Old 04-02-2009, 03:03 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,503,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
My daffodils are popping but my yellow white and purple crocuses came completely up this week and then I watched a woman out walking with her kids a couple of days ago and she let her daughter pick a couple. I'm thinking well that is nervy but hey she is little. An hour later they came walking by my house again and I was watching them and the mother went right over gathered up all the flowers and pulled them out of the ground including the bulbs. I was pissed.
I opened my window and yelled at her asking her if she thought that was a bit rude. She went well yes it is and then yelled at her little kid like she did it and tried to stuff them back in my soil. A little late for that. JeeZ some people. So much for enjoying my first signs of Spring.
OMG! I would be really mad. I bet she'll stay off your lawn now though.

Old 04-02-2009, 03:06 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,587,345 times
Looks like slice BBQ pork, shoe peg corn and baby green peas with a pickled beet. Making up for lost time with the beets.

Old 04-02-2009, 03:19 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,290,327 times
Crazy - you are much nicer than I think I would be in that situation!! How rude can someone be????

Lisa - yeah, we were on a roll last night! LOL Please let us know how your Egg Foo Young turns out!

Cyn - Got you in my prayers!

Amber - So glad you got home safe and sound!

Nomad - Yummmmmmmm!!!

Old 04-02-2009, 03:24 PM

9,718 posts, read 6,416,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
That's terrible. I would have put the spinklers on them Happy Spring anyway

Haven't changed my mind for dinner still soup and clubs.

Old 04-02-2009, 03:28 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,247,513 times
Good Afternoon Friends!

First time here today, trying to get the house ready for Easter.

Cyn, I am so sorry to hear about your kitty. This has truly been a sad few weeks for you. If there is anything we can do you know you only have to ask.

Lacey, so glad that you are back. It is always so comfortable being in your own bed.

CM, have you seen the dr. yet?

skbs, you have some adorable tricksters at your home lol.

dh is on the mid shift today, so his dinner was at 3:00 pm EST, leftover chicken, gravy, mashed potatoes, zucchini/asparagus from last night. I am about to make myself pickled peppers & egg sandwich on a sourdough roll.

I will check back later, have a nice evening. kelsie

Old 04-02-2009, 03:35 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Dh had forgotten about going out tonight and he's a bit tired, so we'll have 'sketti (him w/butter, me w/sauce and turkey meatballs). Oh, well. I can't complain. He's been bustin' butt on the yard.

Old 04-02-2009, 03:38 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Good afternoon all-we made it home about 2 hrs. ago and I'm all unpacked and re-organized, grabbed some milk, yogurt and fruit at the grocer. Tonight we will be going to our local Cheers!!!!!!

Trip was again smooth and uneventful-thankfully. We took our time for sure on this one but enjoyed. We checked into the hotel and ordered take-out or room service and just relaxed.

Sis-in-law and hubby are coming for the weekend and Mr. L wants me to make scampi-so big shopping tomorrow.

In a way it's good to be home only so quiet!

Hope ya 'imported' a good load of vittles from NJ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink