Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2009, 11:45 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,556,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
Mmmmmm tomato gravy! My mom makes that for breakfast on Christmas morning. I haven't heard anyone else ever mention it before. What goes into yours?

My boys were with their dad this evening so I took a 3 hour nap instead of dinner. It was almost as good as eating all chocolate.
We usually have a little bacon or ham in the chopped up tomatoes. Prefer fresh tomatoes but can used canned diced when good fresh are unavailable. Onion is a must have. Pinch of garlic doesn't hurt as long as it doesn't over power the other ingredients....We use tomato gravy with rice and grits usually with fried fish. Iron skillets make the best tomato gravy.....

Old 04-05-2009, 05:16 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
Good morning all-

Amber welcome back honey.

Elston-so happy all went well but with you cooking what could go wrong.

Cyn-so sorry you're still hurting.

Kelsie what was the fish? How was it?

I ate so much yesterday-had an awesome quesadilla burger for lunch, shrimp scampi for dinner and thoday we're going to brunch where they have the bestest ever popovers and I will resist them.

Old 04-05-2009, 05:51 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Ooo, Lacey, would ya please send me one of those popovers???

Hi, everybody. DH is on a Sunday Day Out and he told me he probably won't be home for dinner, so I'm on my own. Not sure what it'll be yet. Probably something simple. I'll be putterin' around today, and I'm sure there's a pool trip that will be fit into my schedule, so it may even be a bag of popcorn!

Happy Sunday, everybody

Old 04-05-2009, 06:07 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
Seems lately my dinner plans change like the weather!! We decided to run to town after working in the yard all day yesterday and by the time we got home it was to late to make the chicken so DH grilled up some yummy cheeseburgers. That makes tonights dinner the chicken!!

Old 04-05-2009, 06:38 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,384,352 times
My mom made goulash and spaghetti and I had some pasta gratin from yesterday. So no cooking tonight lol Lazy Sunday.

Old 04-05-2009, 06:57 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Sounds good, Mmom. I love pasta, no matter how you cook it!

Old 04-05-2009, 07:06 AM

25,449 posts, read 11,726,679 times
Last night I had Oven Fry Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, and a nice Caesar Salad.

Old 04-05-2009, 07:09 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
Lisa, how did you like the boca burger? My niece has decided to be a vegetarian, and we have tried some of them , but actually I really didn't care for them. What did you think, and if you did like it, what type did you buy??

Saw the Angel Food Cake Oops! At least you tried!!!
I was a vegetarian when I was a teenager for one year. I drove my mother crazy, lol. The Boca burgers are ok. I think the Garden Veggie Burgers are much better.

Ha, ha yeah we all have our oops moments in cooking.

MBW- I'm so happy for you. It sounds like you had a wonderful evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
If was a fancy brownie from weight watchers. I think my wife is dropping hints. Brownie A La Mode. There will be more.
More is always good and a la mode is even better.

Lacey- Enjoy your brunch.

nms- Have a wonderful peaceful day doing whatever "you" want.

I took out some ground beef to make with sauce and pasta for my DH tonight. I have no idea what I'm having. I have a big spaghetti squash sitting on the counter and a sweet potato calling my name. Maybe something like baked sweet potato fries and sauteed spaghetti squash. Wish I had some vegetarian beans to go with it.

Old 04-05-2009, 07:18 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,492,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
sweet potato fries and sauteed spaghetti squash. Wish I had some vegetarian beans to go with it.

Don't you hate it when all you have in the pantry are those pesky carniverous beans? It's like ATTACK! of the killer PINTOS!

(Hope y'all remember what movie I'm talking about )

I am going to head into the office for 2-3 hours as soon as my hair dries a bit more, then maybe off to the garden store before I come home. We bought a lovely knock-out rose plant at Costco yesterday, but I wish I had bought two more to put in a row in front of my bay window.

Will come back later with my dinner plans. Happy Sunday to all!

Old 04-05-2009, 07:28 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
Fingers crossed that I can get my roses planted today. They really need to go in the ground. I'm almost done weeding then DH has to till it at least twice with me going behind him pulling out those friggin' Morning Glory roots!! Then we can plant the roses. It's suppose to rain tonight and tomorrow. I know Kelsie about those planting days you told me about but these roses have to get planted ASAP. I have 23 sitting in our shop waiting and they are the bare root roses so they can only wait so long.
And once again dinner plans have changed----DH is going to grill some ring bologna because the sell by date is already a day over! I'm sure it's still fine but I don't want to have to toss it!! Soooo, now I know for sure the chicken will have to be tomorrow!!!! I washed it good and put it in a zip lock baggie for one more day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink