Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 06:20 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times

Advertisements

Horray for SMG!!! She is always there to help me out. She is trying so hard to figure this out as it is a softwear problem and nothing personal. She sent me a DM and told me to do this!! It seems we will have to do a new thread at the first of each month or so that's is how I understand it. We will do whatever we need to to keep things right here. A a huge "Thank you" to SMG!!! Always there to help out!! Hey, my first smile in so long!!!!! Hmmm...God works in strange ways...I am back.

So what is for dinner at the cyn table tonight my friends?????

Old 03-27-2009, 06:22 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,494,356 times
Please visit the previous thread here:

//www.city-data.com/forum/food-...rt-deux-7.html

It also includes a link to the original Whats for Dinner Tonight thread that is found here: //www.city-data.com/forum/food-...r-tonight.html

Old 03-27-2009, 06:27 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Whew....it sure feels good to be back! Again, thanks SMG!!

Old 03-27-2009, 06:28 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times
Ok, this could get very confusing and it's too early for me. I need more coffee, lol. Are you doing a new thread each day or month. Maybe SMG can combine the 2 or 3 from yesterday so we can catch up.

Good morning to all my foodie friends. I know you will all end up over here at some point.

Tonight I am really going to make the baked whole chicken using the season salt. It should be delicious.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Lisa

Old 03-27-2009, 06:38 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,335,170 times
G'morning, Cyn - so glad to see you here all chipper today! We've all missed you at the table in recent weeks. And I am mightily relieved that SMG was in touch with you about the merging and moving threads; I worried last night about that, because I know you feel such a connection to your dinner table - and understandably so! If we have to start a new thread each month, well, so be it, as long as we can gather to break (virtual) bread together here at Cyn's table.

Supper last night was a light soup with squid, Nappa cabbage, red bell peppers, green onions, mushrooms and udon noodles - really, really good, and not even too terribly sinful. I was ravenous when I got up this morning, but that's not a bad thing; I should spend more of my time being ravenous, and then maybe I wouldn't outgrow my pants.....

And for tonight, the spouse has had a rack of ribs soaking in his favorite apple-maple marinade for the past few days, and they'll go into the oven to get all roasty-caramelized-dripping-yummy this evening. Not too sure about sides; he was considering parsleyed potatoes, which I love, but he has been known to change his mind about such things. We shall see.

Have a wonderful Friday, all, with lots of great food!

ETA - Just realized that the What's for Dinner thread is now a sticky!!! How cool is that! Thanks, SMG, I recognize your hand in that decision; very perceptive of you!

Last edited by 7G9C4J2; 03-27-2009 at 06:41 AM.. Reason: To give SMG a shout-out for stickying this thread!

Old 03-27-2009, 06:44 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,043,740 times
What happened? How did we end up over here? Oh well ... like I said in the other place, I'm thinking tonight is leftover chicken. We have a few chicken breasts left and we'll be cleaning out the refrigerator as the kitchen will be closed next week. (Cabinet refacing, new countertops and sink).

Old 03-27-2009, 06:47 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,868,442 times
OMG....I put my notebook away for ONE AFTERNOON... thinking I am doing myself a bit of good to get all my chores done since the site keeps crashing anyway and look at what I MISS!!!! HOLY GOOD GRAVY!!!! That was US crashing CD? I am laughing so hard my sides hurt! You mean to tell me everytime each of us was in a panic trying to get on and chat with each other we were crashing the site? ROTFLMAO!!!!!! OMG!!!!! Everyone probably is cursing us out.... OH... we are misfits..... I think this is too funny.... seriously... this goes down in the record book as just hysterical in my mind....

So, last night I BRANCHED OUT! I reached into my creative mind... which I haven't done in a long time. I really thought about it after yesterday's post. I made these little cups out of wheat tortillas- I sprayed muffin tins with PAM and cut them into strips and placed them in each of the muffin tins... then spayed them with PAM... baked them up for about 10 min at 350. Then I got my ground turkey and seasoned that up with a bunch of stuff- cilantro, sundried tomato, italian seasoning, garlic, cumin, s&p, onion... and other stuff.... salsa... hmmmm??? forget... but it simmered and was tasty.... then spooned it into the cups.... topped with taco cheese and on half loaded them with banan peppers.... and baked for a bit. We LOVED them!!!! I served 'em with corn, baked beans, BROC , and a salad..... It was a hit.... and I was pleased....

Tonight is a no meat night... always a tough one here with the kids.... and with Diva now that pasta gets her belly.... Gonna have to think... Maybe eggs...ugh... the creative rut... oh not good.... I have some time.....

Old 03-27-2009, 06:50 AM

50,371 posts, read 63,964,084 times
Oh, Foodies, I turn my back for a minute, and you crash the whole site? Awesome!
So, I've been on vacation in FL and so enjoying the wonderful weather. It's been a welcome respite from the frozen north.
I read the most enjoyable book last week. It was "My Life in France, Julia Child" by her grand nephew, Alex Prudhomme. Those of you who are old enough may remember Julia Child on PBS in the 60's, at about the same time as her first cookbook, "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" came out.
The book is a slice of her life, from about 1942, when she was newly married and barely able to boil water and she and her new husband were working in Paris, til the early 70's.
It describes how she became passionate about cooking, the fascinating chefs who mentored her, all the hard work that went into the cookbook, and all the couple's travels while her husband was in the foreign service. If you love to read about food, romance and adventure, you will love this book. I've not look at my Mastering cookbook in years, but now I can't wait to get home to read it again.
Jaxson---good for you about the smoking.

Old 03-27-2009, 06:50 AM

48,129 posts, read 22,002,483 times
Hi Y'All.......I am not sure how I got here or how to get back....but I am thinking that if I post on the thread.....I will be "subscribed" and get subsequent notifications.....but watch for me in April....I don't understand the "sticker" thing.

For Supper tonight we will be having that flank stead I defosted for yesterday but didnt use. I think I will season it and pan grill. I have a mac salad that I made yestereday (the first of the season) and perhaps will make a tossed salad.

Old 03-27-2009, 06:57 AM

3,872 posts, read 8,710,771 times
Last night I made chicken soup w/ carrots, celery, tomatoes, cabbage, onion and garlic. And Touch-of-Grace Biscuits.

Tonight... I think I might make frito casserole and salad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink