Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever traveled to another country to try some authentic cuisine??
Yes 15 78.95%
No 4 21.05%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 04:03 PM

440 posts, read 1,691,116 times

Advertisements

I lived in Maritime Canada for 4 years... They don't have it as good as the U.S.Their lunch meat is horrible.. no Oscar Mayer there...Their frozen pizza is also pretty bad. The fish is great and I love the Digby Scallops!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 02:07 PM

1,181 posts, read 3,806,371 times
I went to both Germany and Italy, but not specifically for the food.
The best food I had in Italy was going to the fresh markets they have all over. We bought parma procuitto, cheeses, bread, salami, fresh fruit, and some realy good wine. We actaully ended up doing that more often, and enjoyed it more than going to the restaurants. We had a hotel with a balcony floor on the top where you could look down on the town, and eat your stuff. It was great.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:03 AM

339 posts, read 1,168,944 times
Well, I now live in one of the top foodie cities in the world and have been introduced to the idea that there are multiple, very different, types of Chinese food. Before that I, like most westerners, thought Chinese food was one cuisine. Now I LOVE Shanghainese food.

But my favourite cuisine is Vietnamese. I've traveled in Vietnam a few times and it is so brilliant. They eat fresh herbs with everything and the food is so healthy, fresh and tasty. My favourite is the classic soup pho and rice pancakes banh xeo which is eaten rolled up in rice paper with fresh herbs. Their spring rolls are to die for - they are not like anything I've ever seen outside Vietnam.

Old 04-07-2009, 09:54 AM

1,181 posts, read 3,806,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkgal View Post
Well, I now live in one of the top foodie cities in the world and have been introduced to the idea that there are multiple, very different, types of Chinese food. Before that I, like most westerners, thought Chinese food was one cuisine. Now I LOVE Shanghainese food.

But my favourite cuisine is Vietnamese. I've traveled in Vietnam a few times and it is so brilliant. They eat fresh herbs with everything and the food is so healthy, fresh and tasty. My favourite is the classic soup pho and rice pancakes banh xeo which is eaten rolled up in rice paper with fresh herbs. Their spring rolls are to die for - they are not like anything I've ever seen outside Vietnam.
You are making me really hungry. LOL. I love dishes cooked with fresh herbs. Yumm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink