Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2011, 02:48 AM

1,870 posts, read 2,391,096 times

Advertisements

Just wanna say, I'm still loving my PowerPop. I even tried using it with oil. The popcorn came out good but I prefer the dry method. I'm getting at least 25 uses out of each concentrator.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2011, 09:49 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times
Angry Presto powerpopper sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty MacButter View Post
Just wanna say, I'm still loving my PowerPop. I even tried using it with oil. The popcorn came out good but I prefer the dry method. I'm getting at least 25 uses out of each concentrator.
OK MacButter are you a company rep or something? That frigging concentrator burns out in the middle after TWO poppings. Apparently it is a very common problem with the popcorn maker. Now mind you I have the most popular microwave on the market.

The popcorn does taste great and is popped well but is not worth the damn price of having to replace the damn concentrators all the time. I have tried every thing to get the product to work right.

I GIVE THIS PRODUCT A 1 out of 10 on the functionality scale DO NOT BUY IT PEOPLE!!!

Back to making popcorn in the paper lunch bag method. I knew it was to good to be true.

THIS THING SUCKS

Old 02-07-2011, 10:10 AM

4,030 posts, read 10,767,984 times
DH is a popcorn junkie. He uses a Stir Crazy popper. He quit microwave popcorn years ago, and has been on the Stir Crazy kick so long, he finally burned one up and had to buy a new one. And, since visiting Amish country a couple years ago, he got hooked on Amish Country Popcorn. It comes in all kinds of varieties, but his favorite is Baby White. He either orders it online, or has a friend bring it to him when he goes to visit family in Ohio. He's obsessed.

Old 02-07-2011, 04:23 PM

1,870 posts, read 2,391,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
OK MacButter are you a company rep or something? That frigging concentrator burns out in the middle after TWO poppings. Apparently it is a very common problem with the popcorn maker. Now mind you I have the most popular microwave on the market.

The popcorn does taste great and is popped well but is not worth the damn price of having to replace the damn concentrators all the time. I have tried every thing to get the product to work right.

I GIVE THIS PRODUCT A 1 out of 10 on the functionality scale DO NOT BUY IT PEOPLE!!!

Back to making popcorn in the paper lunch bag method. I knew it was to good to be true.

THIS THING SUCKS
Wow, sorry it didn't work out, Bulldogdad. Things were going well for you at first, and the product does get mostly good reviews. You said the concentrator burns out in the middle, after two poppings. Do you mean a hole burns through it? My concentrators discolor fairly quickly but they still last and last. Maybe the Powerpop works better in lower wattage microwaves (I have a Sharp 800 watt).

No, I don't work for Presto, just happen to like this product. In fact I'm eating a batch of PowerPop popcorn right now.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:16 PM

278 posts, read 550,711 times
Default Popcorn

tired of the unhealthy microwave popcorn bags so i ordered the chris freytag stir crazy popcorn popper.

anyone know of good corn to use for popcorn?

Old 07-20-2011, 08:58 AM

258 posts, read 450,875 times
I really like the organic trader joes kernel popcorn to use with my popcorn pot maker. I usually only make kettle corn with it though, so not sure if it makes a difference.

Old 01-11-2012, 11:19 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,189,680 times
Default Popcorn eaters...........I have a question.

As it relates to preparing your "corn", do you prepare it via microwave, on the stove using a pot or do you use a "popper"?

I don't like it in the Mic. I love the movie theater taste. So, I cook it on the stove and soak it in butter........yummy.

I'm thinking of buying a stove top popper. If you have any kind of popper please share what kind it is.

Last edited by Ron.; 01-11-2012 at 11:46 PM..

Old 01-11-2012, 11:49 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,858,453 times
We've had an air popper ..works good but.. very plain. I don't recall a way to salt it unless you drizzle butter on it. It's just too dry for salt to stick. WalMart had the small movies type popcorn maker for 50 or 60 bucks around Christmas time.

Old 01-11-2012, 11:53 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,189,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
We've had an air popper ..works good but.. very plain. I don't recall a way to salt it unless you drizzle butter on it. It's just too dry for salt to stick. WalMart had the small movies type popcorn maker for 50 or 60 bucks around Christmas time.
I just looked on Amazon and saw good reviews for a stove top popper, which is what I would like to have.

Old 01-12-2012, 12:35 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,858,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I just looked on Amazon and saw good reviews for a stove top popper, which is what I would like to have.
Well if you eat a lot of popcorn that might be the way to go. Popcorn is still pretty cheap I assume in bulk. We're not using much these days ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink