Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What type of milk do you prefer?
2% 16 25.00%
Vitamin D 5 7.81%
Vitamin A 0 0%
Skim 16 25.00%
Homogenized 4 6.25%
1% 9 14.06%
Another type of Milk 14 21.88%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 09:50 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,487,149 times

Advertisements

First of all, all milk has vitamin D, second is that most milk is homogenized and pasturized. I drink 4% whole milk which was not listed to vote on. I prefer the taste and my cholesterol levels are good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 01:38 AM

19,968 posts, read 30,197,397 times
chcocolate milk is my fav....hersheys syrup

I could drink a gallon a day

Old 04-29-2013, 12:55 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,328,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Why do you say that? Where is your proof? I don't believe it for one minute.
I have one Korean daughter who drank 2% milk her entire life but decided she was lactose intolerant when she was in college. My 2 Vietnamese daughters drink 2%. I know lactose intolerance can often time be racial and Asians do have a high percentage but not "most people in the United States."
This article says 1 in 10 are lactose intolerant
Lactose Intolerance In The United States | LIVESTRONG.COM

This article states that 20% of Northern Europeans are lactose Intolerant
Lactose intolerance - National Library of Medicine - PubMed Health

Don't normally like refering to Wiki but this article states that 75% of the worlds adults are lactose intolerant
Lactose intolerance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't know about you but why would anyone want to drink a product that was designed to fatten up baby cows? The following web site lets us know about that.
PsoriaInfo.org | Dr. Madalene Heng MD, FRACP, FACD, FAAD | Identifying Factors
"Since human mother’s milk contain galactose and cow’s milk, lactose, we cannot secrete enough lactases in the small intestine to digest the lactose we ingest. As a result, the lactose spills into the colon, and, through increasing the osmotic pressure in the colon, interferes with the colonic bacteria. The interaction of the colonic bacteria with undigested lactose in the colon results in the death of colonic bacteria, which release lipopolysaccharides (L:PS) from the bacterial membranes. LPS is a potent superantigen, which activates large numbers of T lymphocytes, and stimulates the formation of high levels of TNF-alpha, which causes worsening of psoriasis,"

And finally:
http://www.idausa.org/vegandays/fs/l...tolerance.html

Old 04-29-2013, 01:53 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,553,503 times
" don't know about you but why would anyone want to drink a product that was designed to fatten up baby cows?"

Cos it tastes good?

Let me guess - you eat tofu - i.e. an unnatural man-made product. Try finding it in nature.
But I bet you think thats ok to eat..

Old 04-29-2013, 02:21 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,861,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
This article says 1 in 10 are lactose intolerant
Lactose Intolerance In The United States | LIVESTRONG.COM

This article states that 20% of Northern Europeans are lactose Intolerant
Lactose intolerance - National Library of Medicine - PubMed Health

Don't normally like refering to Wiki but this article states that 75% of the worlds adults are lactose intolerant
Lactose intolerance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't know about you but why would anyone want to drink a product that was designed to fatten up baby cows? The following web site lets us know about that.
PsoriaInfo.org | Dr. Madalene Heng MD, FRACP, FACD, FAAD | Identifying Factors
"Since human mother’s milk contain galactose and cow’s milk, lactose, we cannot secrete enough lactases in the small intestine to digest the lactose we ingest. As a result, the lactose spills into the colon, and, through increasing the osmotic pressure in the colon, interferes with the colonic bacteria. The interaction of the colonic bacteria with undigested lactose in the colon results in the death of colonic bacteria, which release lipopolysaccharides (L:PS) from the bacterial membranes. LPS is a potent superantigen, which activates large numbers of T lymphocytes, and stimulates the formation of high levels of TNF-alpha, which causes worsening of psoriasis,"

And finally:
Factsheet - Lactose Intolerance
I've never understood why some folks spend so much time trying to convince others to believe as they do. If you don't want to drink milk go on with your life and keep your opinions to yourself. And if all of your "knowledge" comes from internet sources I can give you a link to a website proving the earth is flat and bounded by cliffs of ice.

Old 04-29-2013, 02:45 PM

5,585 posts, read 984,109 times
I prefer 2%, & still love it like I did when I was a teenager. I could drink a quart at meal time, but never have, just saying I easily could drink that much.

Old 04-29-2013, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
" don't know about you but why would anyone want to drink a product that was designed to fatten up baby cows?"

Cos it tastes good?

Let me guess - you eat tofu - i.e. an unnatural man-made product. Try finding it in nature.
But I bet you think thats ok to eat..
Not much of a tofu eater. I visited my doctor last year because of some health problems I was having. She did some tests and told me that I was infact lactose intolerant. I dropped milk and anything made with it from my diet. A lot of internal bowel issue problems also were dropped from my life along with a lot of additional weight that I could never seem to drop, my skin started looking more healthy, and I started feeling better than I had in years. I ended up changing my entire diet to a more vegetable and fruit based and went from a 38 inch waste to a 32 inch waste. I dropped from 226 lbs to 174 lbs in about 4 months. My thoughts are that milk was the contributing factor in all that.

Old 04-29-2013, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
I've never understood why some folks spend so much time trying to convince others to believe as they do. If you don't want to drink milk go on with your life and keep your opinions to yourself. And if all of your "knowledge" comes from internet sources I can give you a link to a website proving the earth is flat and bounded by cliffs of ice.
Some real science in that isn't there? Flat Earth indeed. I offered my thoughts because of a comment someone made on my earlier post. My thoughts are for those that want to live a healthy lifestyle and for many milk just does not make the cut of what a healthy lifestyle constitutes. I had been looking for answers to why I didn't feel that great for years. I bought into the idea that milk makes a body good. The truth is that milk was killing me and making me feel like, well something else a cow produces. Others may have similar issues and can feel free to check out for themselves if dropping milk will help them get better.

Old 04-29-2013, 04:04 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,861,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
...I was infact lactose intolerant...My thoughts are that milk was the contributing factor in all that.
Then you should state how your lactose intolerance affected your life and move-on - not make it your personal quest to get everyone to stop drinking milk because it "was designed to fatten up baby cows." I can't eat Kiwi fruit but I don't feel a need to tell everyone who feels a scratchiness in the back of their throat they should stop eating Kiwi fruit.

Old 04-29-2013, 04:46 PM

22,314 posts, read 29,395,806 times
Ok when I make hot chocholate its whole milk.

Otherwise 2% but I'll drink both. Love milk!! Its a must have with my tuna samis, waffles and chocholate milk with ruffles (I know I'm weird)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink