Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2009, 10:06 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,442,839 times

Advertisements

So I was feeling frustrated and bored tonight. I was busy with a work project that I did not want to do! So I ran to the grocery store and bought two pints of ice-cream (Ben & Jerry's Dublin Mudslide and Vanilla, on sale 2 for $6), two pounds of strawberry Twizzlers, and a box of reduced-fat Cheez-Its. (Reduced fat counts for something, right?)

As a result, I am really not feeling very well right now. I cannot stop eating the Twizzlers, so I'm thinking the best thing to do would be to take all this food outside and dump it in the trash. Next time I'll eat an apple or a banana instead.

Does anybody else go through this? And no, I am not bulimic; I'm just an average person responding to the unhappy situation of having to work late on Saturday night. I just want the economy to pick up.

W.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 08:07 AM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,138,632 times
Well, I never think of taking it outside & putting in the dumpster till I've emptied the containers! LOL!

Old 05-17-2009, 08:17 AM

16,176 posts, read 32,481,285 times
I used to do that but as I get older I have noticed that my body is less tolerant of my splurges. I keep healthier splurges on hand now for those times. I turn to pumpkin seeds, almonds, teriyaki flavored beef jerky or when I am "really bad" tortilla chips and salsa. Also, I keep those very small cups of Bluebell ice cream in the freezer (individual sized) for emergencies.

Old 05-17-2009, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
I used to do that but as I get older I have noticed that my body is less tolerant of my splurges. I keep healthier splurges on hand now for those times. I turn to pumpkin seeds, almonds, teriyaki flavored beef jerky or when I am "really bad" tortilla chips and salsa. Also, I keep those very small cups of Bluebell ice cream in the freezer (individual sized) for emergencies.
I hear you. I can't live like this anymore either. The junk food and long sleepless nights has to go.

Old 05-17-2009, 10:37 AM

1,116 posts, read 2,962,416 times
Maybe not a helpful suggestion, but switching to the mostly fruit flavors keeps me from getting a tummy ache. Magic Brownies (black raspberry/sweet cream/brownies) and Cherry Garcia have become my new addiction. I think my husband and I each go through about a pint a week..

I like splurging on small amounts of the good stuff. Single origin chocolate ice cream, or a bowl of fresh made tomatillo salsa and blue corn chips. Good quality cheese (like maytag or brie) and crackers makes you feel spoiled, without that ick feeling afterwards.

Old 05-17-2009, 12:40 PM

16,176 posts, read 32,481,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderbear View Post
Maybe not a helpful suggestion, but switching to the mostly fruit flavors keeps me from getting a tummy ache. Magic Brownies (black raspberry/sweet cream/brownies) and Cherry Garcia have become my new addiction. I think my husband and I each go through about a pint a week..

I like splurging on small amounts of the good stuff. Single origin chocolate ice cream, or a bowl of fresh made tomatillo salsa and blue corn chips. Good quality cheese (like maytag or brie) and crackers makes you feel spoiled, without that ick feeling afterwards.
I've been doing that also!

Old 05-17-2009, 02:13 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,928,986 times
No big deal... you had an itch and you scratched it. I'm assuming you don't make a habit if this. It's perfectly alright to color outside the lines occasionally. One Saturday a couple of months back, I had an unbearable itch for doughnuts to go with my morning coffee. I hadn't had a doughnut in over 4 months, so I drove down to the local shop and bought an apple filled bear claw and two maple bars. Boy oh boy they tasted good. And I haven't had any since.

Nothing wrong with an occasional splurge.

Old 05-17-2009, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
...so I drove down to the local shop and bought an apple filled bear claw and two maple bars. Boy oh boy they tasted good.
Wait a minute.... you ate all of them?

Old 05-17-2009, 02:52 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Junk food is fuel too, albeit short-lived fuel.

Old 05-17-2009, 03:23 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,928,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
Wait a minute.... you ate all of them?
Not in one sitting. I spread them out over the course of the day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink