Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2009, 07:12 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,193,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
Yuck!!! That is so not right to give bad food to someone in his condition I would think that milk and flour would be bad for someone in his condition. Soon enough he will be home and you can fatten him up

Funny how things work huh? DM if you have any more questions or concerns. I did a lot of research before making the plunge. When the counter top was being cut, they wanted the specific sink, not just the template, for the cut. Double check your sink upon delivery as mine arrived cracked!

This is my second Silgranite sink (two different houses) and I highly recommend them. I just hated wiping down my old stainless steel sink after each use to avoid spots.
I may take you up on that, George. Thanks for the tips. I hate stainless steel stuff - whether it be sinks or appliances. They're lovely in someone else's home, but I can't stand the feel of them. It's like fingernails down a blackboard to me!

Old 06-26-2009, 07:15 PM

259,023 posts, read 90,220,621 times
There is a good chance of a coconut cream pie being part of supper tomorrow. Better not say that to loud....

Old 06-26-2009, 07:19 PM

68,277 posts, read 54,017,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Has anybody tried tomato paste in a tube? I have been hearing it a lot on FN lately thought that might be handy to have instead of those tiny cans of tomato paste if it tastes good.

I keep a tube as well as a tube of anchovy paste in the fridge, comes in handy pretty often.

Old 06-26-2009, 07:21 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,385,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
I just finished making an Asian salad dressing in the food processor. I may have made a little too thick, we'll see. I scored a 1 pound organic salad mix for $1.99! So it will be a big garbage salad with poached chicken breast and avocado.
Yum! Very healthy and fresh and delicious sounding. Love poached chicken in salad. And A+++++ for the homemade salad dressing! You are like the best student evah!! (sorry, my Southern California roots just came out.)
If it's a little too thick, just add some water or vinegar, depending on taste, shake it up, and you'll be good to go!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
He has no real appetite but hey I lifted the lid on his lunch and I wouldn't either. Non descript meatloaf-bland and blah, no salt/pepper on tray, an over baked small baked potato and soggy veggies-so he ate a brownie and milk.
I'm glad to hear he is doing mostly OK. I've never understood why hospitals serve such unhealthy food and yet doctors do nothing but lecture, lecture, lecture! Perhaps they should teach by example and get involved with the dining department in their own backyard, so to speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegirlinaz View Post
Bean burros enchilada style... easy to make and one of my boyfriend's favorites!
LOL. Must be an Arizona thing. My Phoenix-born coworker always talks about burros when I'm talking about burritos.
When she goes home for a visit, she tells me she eats an enchilada style burro every day!

Old 06-26-2009, 07:23 PM

68,277 posts, read 54,017,893 times
Had another deli-dinner, sopressata, pepperoni, Brie, tapenade, an olive/herb bread, and a few glasses of red wine, not too crreative but very satisfying. Dessert will be fresh blueberries while enjoying the rainbow left by a passing squall line

Last edited by burdell; 06-26-2009 at 07:37 PM..

Old 06-26-2009, 07:33 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,028,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Yum! Very healthy and fresh and delicious sounding. Love poached chicken in salad. And A+++++ for the homemade salad dressing! You are like the best student evah!! (sorry, my Southern California roots just came out.)
If it's a little too thick, just add some water or vinegar, depending on taste, shake it up, and you'll be good to go!!

I'm glad to hear he is doing mostly OK. I've never understood why hospitals serve such unhealthy food and yet doctors do nothing but lecture, lecture, lecture! Perhaps they should teach by example and get involved with the dining department in their own backyard, so to speak.
The salad dressing was just fine. Thanks for the grade. I had a great teacher

The hospital should be ashamed of themselves especially since Mr. L has a disease involving the gastrointestinal tract. Food can be healing or deadly. Maybe the hospital can hire Katie from the Next Food Network Star to create ultra nutritious food that has no taste?

Old 06-26-2009, 07:36 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,773,946 times
Always Jax-tomato paste by the tube and like Burdell ,said-when I go to NJ I buy so many tubes of anchovy paste too,no waste.

Old 06-26-2009, 07:59 PM

49,999 posts, read 63,313,910 times
Tonight, the Grands and I had some spiral sliced ham, baked sweet potatoes, fresh broccoli and some store bought peach raspberry pie. Surprisingly, 2 out of 3 kids liked the baked sweet potato...too exotic for the little one, I guess.

Old 06-26-2009, 09:03 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,193,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
There is a good chance of a coconut cream pie being part of supper tomorrow. Better not say that to loud....
I heard that!

Old 06-26-2009, 09:30 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,685,000 times
I had Tacos for dinner tonight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink