Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2009, 01:19 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,248,044 times

Advertisements

Lisa, please send Mike our best for tomorrow. It will be over shortly.

MWBW: I am so happy that you had such a nice Anniversary celebration and dinner, and I am glad that you are making the recipes your own. Have fun.

Lacey, how is everything today, sending hugs & thoughts your way.

"furry white dog" is sound asleep on the ceramic tile floor in the mb, totally stressed out from yesterday's "dance session" 9:30 last night as we were watching, "The Next Food Network Star", the phone rang & it was the neighbor/client that had the party Sat. wanting to bring back my chafing dishes. (He was calling from our driveway). H was sitting petting a sleepy "fwd" and I was in his chair. He came in to tell me how wonderful everything was. The husband of the expectant mom looked at our neighbor & said, "this doesn't look like any Chicken Penne I have ever had? The reply was, "you have never had Chicken Penne like this, trust me." He said the entire 1/2tray was gone & all of the Pasta Fagoli too. He remarked that everyone said they never had the chicken in Penne marinated & grilled. The only food left was the Lasagna which they got at the Pizza Place. As I was smiling from ear to ear he asked me if I would consider catering all of their parties and this is the best, his wife wanted to know if I would consider making a couple of meals a week for their family. I told them to write up a menu and the amount they spend on food every week. He told me he has no idea b/c they eat out at a min. of 3 times a week. They both work 12 hr. days and have a 18 mo. and 3 yr. old. dh just sat smiling, & I felt wonderful. He just kept talking and didn't leave until 11:30 while "furry white dog" was howling for him to get out. lol

Been writing today and it is hot, so dinner is going to be Hebrew National Hot Dogs, egg, potato salad, mac. salad and sliced tomatoes.

Have a great afternoon, I will check back with you later. kelsie

Old 06-29-2009, 01:39 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Hey Kelsie, you can cater for me anytiime!! Someday we will get over to visit and I am going to enjoy some one on one instructions regarding cooking. You just make it sound so friggin' good and enjoyable and not a job at all. Now that amazes me. The kitchen has been my place of employment for the majority of my life so how does one make it fun?? I sure do look up to you my friend!!

Old 06-29-2009, 01:51 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Hi all-my 6 quarts of soup were just picked up by the kids across the street as I got to go to the hosp. again to re-admit Mr. L.

Figured my neighbor works hard and the boys said they love sup-so dinner will be there for them when they get in from work.

Not sure what's wrong but he was very weak and very sick to his stomach-doctor said just get to the ER and he'd have a room ready. He's being pampered and spoiled by the nurses again and I'm awaiting a call from the doctor.

Dinner for me-avocado, cottage cheese, salad-and cocktails!

Old 06-29-2009, 01:54 PM

Cyn, you are so sweet, thank you. Do me a favor please, go back into your private emails from last Wed. or Thurs., I was in the middle of writing my second book and I sent you a q (lacey & george too) about Fish. If you can't find it let me know and I will send it again. If I am not mistaken it was attached to one of your reply's to me.

You have a date girlfriend. Let's see if we can set something up in Sept. before we go away on the "real romantic vacation" in Oct. We can go over each husbands schedule and go from there. You can pick out some recipes ahead of time and we can have fun together. To me it is all about having fun in the kitchen, like last night h playing "air guitar" and doing the moon walk with me dancing with the frying pan, stressing "furry white dog" to the max.

The guys could sit on the deck and discuss next Springs project--building the coveted "man camp" off the kitchen. The women have to pay $1 if we want to into it, except when serving dinner & drinks or cleaning it.

I will try not to burn those hot dogs tonight. lol

I will sneak back later. kelsie

Old 06-29-2009, 01:57 PM

D---- Lacey, I am so sorry. Let me know if we can send anything please.

Please send Mr. L our thoughts and prayers.

I'll check back with you tonight.

Old 06-29-2009, 02:02 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,291,389 times
Dinner will be leftovers! Yay!

Lacey - We are thinking of you and Mr. L. Please let us know.

Old 06-29-2009, 02:17 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Will do friends-you are my rock (and my kids). They are so frustrated being so far away-I feel for them.

Old 06-29-2009, 02:26 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,087,284 times
Thinking about you Lacey and Mr. L xoxoxo

AARRRGGGHHHHH!!!! Real estate is not for the faint of heart and I was getting very peeved by the builder/developer of this condo that I am trying to close!

God must have known that this was coming about as I have been on a cleaning, cooking and baking whirlwind!

I am poaching an entire chicken in preparation for "Drunken Chicken". You basically take a chicken and pour this liquorish (not liquorice) based liquid on top and set in the refrigerator. You serve it cold. It's wonderful for the summer.

The oven is running (good idea when it's 95F outside huh?) with a apple tart. The Granny Smith Apples looking too tempting to pass up. I guess we will eat the last of the French vanilla ice cream tonight If I'm not too lazy, I will make chocolate gelato tomorrow.

Tonight's dinner will be a white bass cooked Hong Kong Style with Chinese broccoli and steamed rice.

Have a great dinner everyone!!!

Old 06-29-2009, 02:30 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,946,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Hey Kelsie, you can cater for me anytiime!! Someday we will get over to visit and I am going to enjoy some one on one instructions regarding cooking. You just make it sound so friggin' good and enjoyable and not a job at all. Now that amazes me. The kitchen has been my place of employment for the majority of my life so how does one make it fun?? I sure do look up to you my friend!!
I agree!

Took out boneless chicken breasts, not sure what to do with them yet. I am bored of food so nothing sounds good.

Lacey--thoughts and prayers with you and for Mr. L

Old 06-29-2009, 03:30 PM

Kimba: I have a boneless chicken recipe which is in my second cookbook. Chicken Pomodoro, it is chicken cutlets, diced tomatoes, green onions, heavy cream, Vodka, c. broth. Done & on the table in 15 mins. If you would like the recipe just ask. kelsie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink