Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2009, 07:08 PM

48,112 posts, read 21,992,097 times

Advertisements

I made brats, hamburgers and chicken over a charcoal fire with frash rosemary added for smoke flavor....served with baked beans, spicy Korean slaw, potato salad, very tender and sweet corn....(and rice )

Old 07-06-2009, 07:09 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,941,545 times
Hi everyone!

Haven't really been feeling like being on the computer lately, which is rare for me, but...

Hope you are all well.

I think it will be spaghetti tonight as it is about the only thing available. Need to get to groc store.

Have a good evening!

Old 07-06-2009, 07:23 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times
Hi all.

Kimba- I am feeling the same way. I think I am getting burnt out from the computer. I go through the responses and I just don't feel like typing anything.

I do miss the daily back and forth but I just might need a break. Here's reps to all of my foodie friends. I wish I could send out group reps becasue right now I just don't feel up to typing anymore.

Vegetables with rice and beans for dinner.

Have a great night all.

Old 07-06-2009, 08:06 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,332,100 times
Whoosh, tired tonight, and it's only Monday. And the long days begin....

I'm sure sorry to hear of Kelsie's computer woes - that's something that scares me, too. I had a warning a couple of weeks ago - got the Scary Blue Screen o' Death with a "Kernel Stack" error, which I am told is even worse than General Chaos - and as soon as it rebooted, I demanded that my spouse give me step-by-step instructions for copying all of my files off to CDs. Did that last week, then our daughter the Tech Goddess (aptly named, as she is less than a year away from earning her Bachelor's in IT Networking/Security) took my laptop away for a day and worked some kind of magic on it so it runs like a little bunny now. Sure wish I could ship the T-G down to Kelsie for some in-person tech support!

Say, Cyn, your beloved man's woes sound like they could be serious, and I join the chorus of "knock 'im out and haul his heinie to the doctor" - that could just be too much salt in the diet, or it could be something a whole lot more ominous. Play that good old "aw, honey, if you won't do it for yourself, will you do it for me?" card, bat your eyes at him, and tell him if it's nothing to be concerned about, he's free to laugh at your fears - AFTER the doctor says he's ok.

We got a bit of a surprise in the mail today. Spouse's brother sent him a b-day card, and happened to mention in passing that their younger daughter got married about four months back. Aaaaaaaaallll-righty-then. This is the same branch of the family that didn't tell anyone else that their other daughter was in intensive care for ten days until four days after she died, so I guess it's all much of a muchness. But it still baffles us. They say you can't pick your family, but I guess you can un-pick them. And that seems to be what they've done with everyone in my spouse's family. Funny thing is, though, that our kids have connected with two of their kids through Facebook, and are exchanging all sorts of conversation that would probably horrify the parents if they knew about it. No, I don't take any sort of evil glee in that.... not at all, not a bit.

Supper tonight was a hot-n-garlicky shrimp stir-fry, very tasty, with the last of the sugared-down strawberries from Saturday for dessert. Tasty, satisfying, and not even too terribly sinful.

Dishes await, then bed, so I'll bid you all goodnight. Have a wonderful week, health and good food to all!

Old 07-06-2009, 08:49 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,286,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
the machine went straight to voicemail, Kat, I swear!
AND the check is in the mail, no those pants don't make my butt look big, and YES honey, it was great for me too!

Old 07-06-2009, 09:59 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,726,679 times
I had Tacos for dinner tonight.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:19 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,865,469 times
OK....Letting you all know now I have a very busy week ahead and am fine I will not be online much this week but we are going to be VERY busy!!!! LOL.... tonight was a total FRIDGE cleanout for dinner... tomorrow...???? Don't know... Hubby has the week off and we have a wedding and rehearsal dinner this week.... tons of food to be had!!!! Have a great week!!!!!!!!! Enjoy yourselves and I will catch up when I have time....... but know I am alive and well.... hahaha....

Old 07-06-2009, 10:45 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,180,053 times
maciesmom aw thanks for thinking of me that kind of kitchen would be a dream for me with my canning and baking for sure.

SCGuy you may miss breakfast a lot but your suppers sound good.

PassTheChocolate you'll have to explain to me what Panzanella is I don't watch Ina and have terrible times with Internet searching.

bjh I miss living in FL where I sure got a lot more fresh shrimp in my diet than I do up here in Indiana.

MTH sorry you have a sick kiddo I hated when mine were sick would rather it been me.

JFRRACING I didn't know they still make shake n bake I bet I haven't used that since first being out on my own. Thanks for the flashback.

Debsi are you dieting? I seem to be missing where you are eating tacos as much as you once were. Glad you had time to work in your garden!

Nomad I hope the Mrs. had a mild day her first one back to work today.

kshe good luck on your diets I am thinking about going back on WW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Hi everyone!
Haven't really been feeling like being on the computer lately, which is rare for me, but...
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Hi all.

Kimba- I am feeling the same way. I think I am getting burnt out from the computer. I go through the responses and I just don't feel like typing anything.

I do miss the daily back and forth but I just might need a break. Here's reps to all of my foodie friends. I wish I could send out group reps becasue right now I just don't feel up to typing anymore.
Think it could be just the time of year where we all are busier outside too. At least that is what is happening with me keeping me away from the computer. Then when I do get online my threads are so long it takes forever to read them all it seems. I've noticed in some of my threads the "flow" in them has changed too so I am just chalking it up to being summer busy times.

Tonight we had our first handful of green beans out of the garden and I do mean a large handful. I must of been busy when I put them on to cook because I over salted them b-a-d-l-y. DD ate them she likes salty things. Made tuna casserole as I have a large pot of ham & beans cooking also. Will finish cooking them tomorrow then divide them up to take to a few people plus us.

MWBW sorry you are getting ready for the very busy season try to get some rest to endure it.

Old 07-07-2009, 04:44 AM

48,112 posts, read 21,992,097 times
Good Morning! Checking this thread makes me begin to wonder Whats for Supper? even though I am still on my first cup of morning coffee.

BLT's will probably fit into it somewhere as I have been craving one...but that might be lunch.....

Old 07-07-2009, 05:29 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
Ha! My DH gets up after me in the mornings and I'm already thinking about dinner when he gets up after reading here. I ask him what he feel like for dinner and he just kinda growls and says "coffee"!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink