Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2009, 12:11 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,955,803 times

Advertisements

This week's dinner selections are being kept pretty simple. Whether it is lasagna, fettucine Alfredo, or the occasional burger, it will all pale in comparison to the feast I'm anticipating this coming Thursday at my mom's place. She's fixing for me her homemade fried chicken, mashed potatoes, cream gravy, homemade biscuits, green peas, apple pie, tea, and coffee. I turn 43 this coming Friday, so we picked Thursday for the celebration. And my church group has something planned for my birthday on Friday, but the food items have not yet been decided. They will be providing a big chocolate chip cookie as I have requested.

Enjoy everything you delight in this week, have fun, and bon appetit!

Old 07-12-2009, 12:24 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
This week's dinner selections are being kept pretty simple. Whether it is lasagna, fettucine Alfredo, or the occasional burger, it will all pale in comparison to the feast I'm anticipating this coming Thursday at my mom's place. She's fixing for me her homemade fried chicken, mashed potatoes, cream gravy, homemade biscuits, green peas, apple pie, tea, and coffee. I turn 43 this coming Friday, so we picked Thursday for the celebration. And my church group has something planned for my birthday on Friday, but the food items have not yet been decided. They will be providing a big chocolate chip cookie as I have requested.

-sigh- I would give anything for a meal like that! Just cant cook it, due to DH's blood pressure issues..... he would give anything for a meal like that, I hope you enjoy the day!

Old 07-12-2009, 12:39 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Quote:

That sounds wonderful....as does turning 43! ha ha....my arteries are clogging just thinking about it...I love a good cream gravy and biscuits (ok I'll be sure to eat the chicken and peas too....). Happy Birthday!

Old 07-12-2009, 01:23 PM

256 posts, read 453,102 times
Quote:

Have a wonderful birthday!!

When I was growing up, my favorite meal was fried-chicken-rice-and-gravy-and-green-beans - all cooked Southern style, the gravy being a THICK cream gravy! YUMMM! Well, DH HATES chicken, and HATES thick gravy. Sigh. I go to Kentucky Fried from time to time to **sorta** satisfy my craving for that meal. Their chicken is about right, although greasier, but their gravy is thinner and their beans are less flavorful. Sigh!

Tonight DH is fixing something to do with pork tenderloin with dipping sauce of some sort and tomatoes on the side - probably just with a dollop of mayo and some salt and pepper. Yummy!

Old 07-12-2009, 01:25 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Now you guys have me thinking of what to have for dinner tonight...I was all ready to have the leftover burgers (but DH and DS will most likely finish them off shortly for a late lunch) along with some cucumbers and onions (for me since DH won't eat onions)....Now it all doesn't sound near as good.....

Old 07-12-2009, 01:40 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,291,389 times
CASE - Happy Birthday !!!! And many more!!!

(Remember, have fork will travel!)

Old 07-12-2009, 02:34 PM

2,870 posts, read 3,370,192 times
Happy Birthday Case!!!

Nothing fancy planned,,, just a simple tuna sandwich with broccoli slaw, purple onion & zucchini ball.... water to wash it all down with.

Old 07-12-2009, 04:48 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,944,844 times
We are cleaning out the fridge = leftover sausages, ribs, baked beans, pasta salad.

Old 07-12-2009, 05:23 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
A curried sauce of chicken, onions, peppers, coconut, raisins, on top of rice, topped with yogurt.

Old 07-12-2009, 05:23 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Sausage, onions, peppers, bread, Yuenglings and NY Super Fudge Chunk thanks to good ol' Ben & Jerry.

All in all not a bad way to spend a beautiful summer evening
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink