Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2009, 11:10 AM

13,032 posts, read 24,578,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
Perhaps you can have a house in the winter in Atlanta? I always cook for more than 2 so I will feed you leftovers

My neighbors love me for that reason We could get into a lot of culinary trouble together
Yes Please ! And you're an Estate Agent too aren't you ?

You could cook, I could eat, what a beautiful, wonderful idea and.... I love it already. Souffles, Foie Gras, etc... I know you are a connaisseur so I would be in great hands. You must be such a popular guy George...

Until then though please send care packages to my home address ! Thank you. Anyone else who feels like feeding me is heartily welcome.

Old 07-17-2009, 11:21 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,048,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Yes Please ! And you're an Estate Agent too aren't you ?

You could cook, I could eat, what a beautiful, wonderful idea and.... I love it already. Souffles, Foie Gras, etc... I know you are a connaisseur so I would be in great hands. You must be such a popular guy George...

Until then though please send care packages to my home address ! Thank you. Anyone else who feels like feeding me is heartily welcome.
I took my friend out for her birthday. She and I are eating buddies. I told her I finally found a place that cooks almost as good as my dad. There is obviously a language barrier as I was trying to alert the restaurant of our arrival. I specifically wanted a dish that is like a Chinese casserole. It is pork belly (or Chinese fatty bacon) with taro root. I intonations must be a smidge off and finally after about 10 minutes, I got my request across.

Since you understand my "eating habits" - I think you would love this. The bacon is first pan fried to make a crust and then steamed with the taro root and nappa. The pork belly becomes unctuous. It's so good!

Old 07-17-2009, 11:31 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,239,249 times
Oh I want some too George!! I will DM you my address so you can feed me too!

Old 07-17-2009, 11:33 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,141,701 times
Hi foodies! Looks like the table has been busy today. I'll be in and out as I am canning today.

I feel like chicken tonight, chicken tonight~~don't know how I will fix it but have breast thawing.

Old 07-17-2009, 11:38 AM

3,273 posts, read 2,963,129 times
Hi everyone! My beach day was great! After I got home, DH and I went to a new restaurant, Kona Grill. We started out with drinks and appy, which we normally don't do, but we were hungry and thirsty. I had a Raspberry Mojito. We ordered the Avocado Egg Roll w/a honey cilantro dipping sauce. Yummy! For dinner, I had, Pad Thai Noodles w/ Shrimp, Rice noodles, bean sprouts and crushed peanuts, in a spicy black-bean chili sauce. DH had Macadamia Nut chicken. Everything was fantastic!

Tonight, I have no clue what's for dinner, we'll probably get something light to eat.

Have a great day!

Old 07-17-2009, 11:45 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,928,715 times
Hello foodies!! Not sure what dinner will be tonight. Maybe just leftover pasta salad and brats. Fiance has been working 12-14 hour days all this week and is exhausted......poor guy.........

My back is feeling better but then our dog started acting "funny" again and I recognized his symptoms as giardia........so he is back on meds for that. It is ALWAYS something!!

Have a great weekend. We'll be at a music festival all day tomorrow so I might not be on.

Old 07-17-2009, 11:49 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,427,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiLover View Post
Hi everyone! My beach day was great! After I got home, DH and I went to a new restaurant, Kona Grill. We started out with drinks and appy, which we normally don't do, but we were hungry and thirsty. I had a Raspberry Mojito. We ordered the Avocado Egg Roll w/a honey cilantro dipping sauce. Yummy! For dinner, I had, Pad Thai Noodles w/ Shrimp, Rice noodles, bean sprouts and crushed peanuts, in a spicy black-bean chili sauce. DH had Macadamia Nut chicken. Everything was fantastic!

Tonight, I have no clue what's for dinner, we'll probably get something light to eat.

Have a great day!

I LOVE Kona Grill!!! I don't get the Hawaii theme, since they're based out of Arizona, but whatever. I normally turn my nose up at chain restaurants but I think this one got it right. I was surprised to find out how chainey they were when I went to their website.

Mom and I adore the chinese chicken salad which is mainly just slivered napa cabbage in a heavenly dressing, topped with that macadamia nut chicken you had some of.

Old 07-17-2009, 01:35 PM

12,014 posts, read 11,257,159 times
Dinner tonight will be leftovers - either meatballs in brown gravy over mashed potatoes, or baked spaghetti!

Old 07-17-2009, 01:42 PM
bjh

59,900 posts, read 30,248,696 times
Frying up some catfish with fries and baked beans, with corn bread. Orange cake for dessert.

Old 07-17-2009, 01:45 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,844,850 times
Stinker Bell keeps making her way onto the naughty list today!!! tsk tsk tsk.... too many accidents! She is driving me nuts today.... the kids are having a PJ movie day.... have seen a TON of netflix movies...Dinner is ready to go... just waiting for hubby! I need to prep in the morning more frequently- it makes my day so much easier! The rain has been threatening all day but not falling. It really has effected our mood- LAZINESS!!!! lol.... it was supposed to start at 1pm but it hasn't... it's like a waiting game.... something about it makes ya want to just SIT... is that bad?

I wish I had mozz/prov cheese to go on the mushrooms... but I don't.... one can dream... mental note for next time. I have an eggplant I need to use up that I thought about adding to dinner... but if I could push it into the weekend... hmmmm.... I might try and get to the market tomorrow.... grab some cheese there and make some eggplant parm for dinner tomorrow night! Now there is a plan..... lol.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink