Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2009, 06:32 AM

48,129 posts, read 22,002,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I have a full day planned today. My house is in need of a good cleaning and my gardens are screaming to be weeded AGAIN!!! I think I'll start outside to avoid the heat later although it's only been in the low 80's lately. Have heard this is one of the coolest Julys in history for NC--hmmmmm--seemed pretty darn hot a few weeks ago but I guess that was the humidity! I am overwhelmed with hugh Beefsteak tomatoes. Oh my...they all seem to get red/ripe at the same time. We took about 6 to hubbys son the other day and I still have another 6 on the counter plus we eat at least 2 a day. I went outside this morning and there are at least 6 more ready to be picked!!!!!
It looks like it could rain here later today so we may have to cook inside tonight but I have no idea what yet. Maybe I'll bake some chicken breast and have mashed potatoes with that. We'll see and I'll post for sure what we decide to have. Have a great Monday everyone!!
I so envy you the beefsteak tomatoes....I have to tell you! I only planted the sungold cherry tomatoes....and it has been so cold and wet...they are significantly stunted .... we will see If I get any. Meanwhile local tomatoes (what there are of them) are worth their weight in gold....and a red ripe tomato....weighs a lot! Enjoy your riches.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:58 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,503,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWgal View Post
I was very mad because it didn't rain here today, so I cooked to kill the frustration, LOL.
That's the same reason I made gravy! I was trying to make it rain!!

YoungLisa, I've been sneaking yellow squash in whenever I can, and I'm not even growing them, LOL! I diced one into last night's spaghetti gravy. DH didn't even notice.

Dr. Chong, those wings sound divinely dangerous.

Tonight's dinner is leftover spaghetti and gravy. T-5 days until the big fete.
There is still much to do.

Old 07-20-2009, 08:23 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,211,890 times
Morning everyone, got my crops harvested and replanted, time to play now. LOL Farmtown is so cool. As for dinner tonight we having homemade mac and cheese, with roasted asparagus on the side. If I get inspired we will have some fancy dinner rolls on the side. (all depends if I can muster up the energy to knead dough, my bread machine passed to the great beyond on Friday. I am inconsolable today. )lol

Old 07-20-2009, 08:39 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,587,345 times
Right now grilling is not looking up. I'll take the rain but will not grill outdoors with the fireworks.

Old 07-20-2009, 09:01 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,349,004 times
Slmon with sweet chili pineapple sauce, baked sweet potatoes, salad. Peach cobbler for dessert.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:33 AM

21,353 posts, read 8,450,251 times
Never got to cook my lamb chops last night... I ended up with an irrepressible urge for chinese food... so I went and got it... omg... it's so hard to live alone and get chinese... lol

Tonight is the lamb chop night... I'm thinking I'll just do a simple pilaf, and some fresh steamed veggies... zuch and summer squash... and prolly some asparagus... okay... have to stop... I'm gettin hungry!

Old 07-20-2009, 11:20 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,945,533 times
Good morning from the west side of the country!

Had a bad migraine attack on Sat. morning which whacked my whole weekend out. Can't do the computer with a migraine.

Had grilled boneless pork chops last night. IMO, they were a bit dry, DH liked them. Also had Olive Oil pasta and some cottage cheese.

Took out chicken breasts today, not sure what I am going to do with them tonight. Looks rather nasty dark outside right now, which is very unusual for Vegas!

Picked up a dining room set on CL on Friday, great bargain, but it needs a major clean-up so that is my intent today! Plus, laundry.

Have a great day, all!

Old 07-20-2009, 11:31 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,944,377 times
Last night we went out for Mexican....I had enchiladas verde de pollo (green chili chicken enchiladas) and BF had beef tacos.

Tonight I think we are going to do shrimp scampi............

Old 07-20-2009, 12:20 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,868,442 times
Well I am tired... there is a huge difference between taking care of two kids and taking care of FIVE! And put me back with the Toddlers!!! Oh my... I am so glad my kids are the ages they are... phew...

So, I just have to clean the kitchen and then my house is back in order.... and I can get started on planning dinner... and mess it again HAHAHA I think I am going to defrost some chicken breasts and make hubby grill them up with some eggplant and zucchini.... Make HIM cook hehehe now that is sneaky right? What else can I grill? I will have to check.... I have watermelon all cut up and ready to go too.... this is sounding pretty easy....

Alright- looking like a nice day and a perfect time to get the kids out of the house.... talk to you all later....

Old 07-20-2009, 12:35 PM

2,002 posts, read 4,584,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
That's the same reason I made gravy! I was trying to make it rain!!
LOL. Same thing today! grrr! At least it's nice enough to open all the windows.

For today, mashed potatoes again, with grilled bratwursts.

(I don't want to prepare anything fancy today. I just had a flat tire and I was jumping over the handle of the jack just to loosen the lugnuts and I'm exhausted! LOL)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink