Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2009, 05:25 PM

48,132 posts, read 22,004,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiegee40 View Post
I don't think that I boil my corn long enough to put the potatoes in with it. I like to put my corn in a large pot of water, bring it to a boil, cover and turn off the heat. Let it sit for 20 minutes and its' done but has a snap to it.

DD change the plans. Herb noodles and the corn.
I will put the potatoes in first and after about 25 mins add the corn....but your way of doing it sounds good.....I am all for letting latent heat finish the cooking. I do hard boil eggs something like that.

Old 07-30-2009, 05:32 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
For my supper I had beef stew over rice and a side of home grown conk peas with snaps. Pure southern cooking at its finest...Simple comfort.

Old 07-30-2009, 05:53 PM

4,604 posts, read 5,777,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I will put the potatoes in first and after about 25 mins add the corn....but your way of doing it sounds good.....I am all for letting latent heat finish the cooking. I do hard boil eggs something like that.
Sounds perfect....I do that when I use crab boil. Like a mini seafood boil.

Old 07-30-2009, 05:54 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Hi, all.

After my MRI this afternoon, my friend and I went to a nice Mexican place for lunch (no, not Taco Bell!). Even with some "mood altering meds" I took to get thru it, I had a margarita. For lunch, I had Carnitas and we split some fried ice cream. Lacey, when I saw Carnitas on the menu, I thought of you.

FYI - Cabinets are all installed! They did it in record time - one day only. They're beautiful, and the terra cotta color just warms them up nicely. Next step - counter tops.

Hugs to all.

Old 07-30-2009, 05:56 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,574,744 times
Hi Nomad and all....we are having some of the venison out of our freezer from last deer season. Both of our sons filled their tags and we wound up with a freezer full. Tonight I'm fixing venison tenderloin under the broiler. Lots of seasoned butter... yes, butter, not margarine. Venison has so very little fat. Actually, almost none. Then corn on the cob, salad, red wine and dessert will be my strawberry shortcake w/lots of whipped cream piled high topped w/a whole berry. soft music playing in the background and
candles on the dining room table adding to the ambiance of the evening meal.

Old 07-30-2009, 05:57 PM

2,061 posts, read 4,135,306 times
evening meal plans put on hold~ we stopped at new Country Buffet at noon~ waddled away very satisfied, and filled. Will eat very light tonight~ by grazing as we get hungry! Past our normal time and not even thinking of eating yet

Old 07-30-2009, 06:14 PM

4,604 posts, read 5,777,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post
Hi Nomad and all....we are having some of the venison out of our freezer from last deer season. Both of our sons filled their tags and we wound up with a freezer full. Tonight I'm fixing venison tenderloin under the broiler. Lots of seasoned butter... yes, butter, not margarine. Venison has so very little fat. Actually, almost none. Then corn on the cob, salad, red wine and dessert will be my strawberry shortcake w/lots of whipped cream piled high topped w/a whole berry. soft music playing in the background and
Oh my....I am closing my eyes and smelling that wonderful smell. Venison and butter....oh my.

Old 07-30-2009, 06:15 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post
Oh my that sounds good. We used to use lots of black pepper on venison tenderloin and then fry in bacon drippings. Guess I better get my eyes fixed so I can see through a scope before returning to MO...Either that or move close by you....

Old 07-30-2009, 06:47 PM

1,122 posts, read 1,087,691 times
I HAVE NO IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cold Samies sound good to me!!!

Old 07-30-2009, 07:34 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellzBellz View Post
I HAVE NO IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cold Samies sound good to me!!!

Is that like Sam Adams or ??????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink