Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2009, 07:05 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,184,960 times

Advertisements

George I have to have some deep fried greasy battered fish once in awhile too but we only have Long John Silvers up here now.

Nomad you are doing so well being single cooking glad you are enjoying your concoctions.

HL thanks for the update on the crispy sweet fries~~did you have your oil hot enough the first frying?

toosie hope DH heals quickly and is ready for his departure without problems.

cyn that is scary with your neighbor's horse! Glad you saw her go in, she needs to be put in a more confined area that she can be secure in. Poor baby we had a blind mare she lived 16 years though 13 of them in darkness.

We had a small change made a iron skillet full of fried taters with onions instead of mashed. I can honestly say this is almost the fried taters mother use to make. Know how your mom or somebody in your family made something basic but you can't duplicate the taste? I'm getting closer!

Old 06-12-2009, 07:12 PM

3,273 posts, read 2,969,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
HL thanks for the update on the crispy sweet fries~~did you have your oil hot enough the first frying?
I believe so. The instructions said to let it heat up for 15 minutes. I'll give it another try next week and heat it up longer.

Old 06-12-2009, 07:42 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,867,628 times
Quote:
skbs is this a belated bday party or was it Diva's bday with the ding dong cake a few weeks ago?
This was Chatterbox's KIDS party... it was the date I could get at this place:

Bounce-It-Out Photo Gallery

I had 16 five year olds.... LOL... and I am exhausted.... hahah I liked that I pushed it out actually because it was the end of the year and she will not be seeing most of the other kids in her class. It is hard to pick and choose who to invite and she is friends with ALL of them and especially THE BOYS!!!! hahaha So we had a hard time narrowing it down.... and we still had to invite the neighborhood kids and some of our close friends.... feelings were still hurt and I thought we kept in on the down low.... but you know how news travels and those five year olds can sure talk But it went SOOOOO well!!!!! The kids had a BLAST!!!! They were all red cheeked and exhausted when they left...... good sing of a good time.... I am just down right TIRED!!!! another good sign they had a good time LOL..... Anyway...... They all ate their pizza and cake and hubby grabbed us salads from this place on the way home.....

Great Northern Pizza Kitchen

I got the Med Salad and He got the Carribean Chicken....So good!

Ok.... I am beat....drinking a beer and relaxing after a hard day! I deserve one.... hahahah

Old 06-12-2009, 08:47 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,334,402 times
Oh, but am I ever glad this is Friday.... And I will NOT have to go into the office this weekend, though it took an 11-hour day today to accomplish that objective. It's worth it to me, though, to get two WHOLE ENTIRE days IN A ROW off to relax and goof off. I'll have a couple of relatively easy weeks, likely only about 50 hours or so per week at the office, and then on July 1, the fewmets hit the windmill and I'm back to 70-hour weeks through mid-August. If I'm missing from the table for an occasional day or two during that period, please don't take it personally or worry.

Lots going on here as always; Cyn, I'm so glad you saw your neighbor's horse and were able to help her. You've had quite a week, and it's time things settled down for you.

SKBS, that party sounds like fun, or at least it would have been fun to watch -- being the hostess is exhausting! I remember those kindergarten-age parties from ages ago; they're loads of fun and loads of work. Glad it all went well.

Toosie, good heavens, whatever happened with your guy?? Goodness, I hope that all is well now, and that he heals up fast. And I notice that it looks like yet another foodie is sporting a new stellar decoration this week - congratulations!

Spouse sauteed up some crimini mushrooms and a cut-up onion, added the leftover crock-potted turkey from Wednesday night and simmered it all together for a bit. He cut up the last of the home-made bread he made this past weekend, and we spooned that wonderful turkey, mushrooms and onions with gravy over slices of home-made bread for supper, with a few spoons full of steamed spinach for a veg. Oh, it was good! There's just enough turkey left for spouse's lunch pail on Monday, and I cubed up the last of the bread to make a couple of individual ramekins of egg strata for Sunday breakfast.

Have a wonderful Friday evening, all, and a glorious weekend!

Old 06-12-2009, 11:15 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,184,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
This was Chatterbox's KIDS party... it was the date I could get at this place:
Cool~~ I bet you are exhausted glad she had fun with her friends. I know about those hurt feelings of children BTDT. It gets better as they get older trust me but still somebody is always left out or hurt about something. Man I could try any of those salads DH stopped by to get for ya.

MWBW left you a comment but forgot to put it here I am so happy you have the weekend free! I know that has to get old putting in all the hours you do at your job~~good thing you like your job. It is worse having to put those kind of hours into a job that is stinky.

Where is our amber???? Haven't seen her in a couple of our threads together. I know kats is fishing up a storm I am sure with mama.

Old 06-13-2009, 05:51 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,848,116 times
Good morning all-and MWBW and SKBS hope you're sleeping in this morning.

Have my turkey breast in cooking as it's a beautiful day and we'll reheat later w/mac salad and corn on the cob. Summer turkey meal.

Old 06-13-2009, 06:04 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,386,066 times
Already cooked today:

Linguine with chicken breast and sour cream sauce:

Linguine cook till al dente

1 chicken breast (boneless/skinless) for each person - put in a pan with a little hot oil.
Add 1 onion in cubes. I spiced the chicken with curry poweder, orange pepper, salt and some garlic powder b/c I was out of fresh garlic.

Fry till a little brown on each side. Take the breasts out of the pan and cut in thin slices.
Meanwhile take 5-6 spring onion and cut in thin rings, add to the oil and onion in the pan and fry till golden.
Pour 2 cups of veggie broth over the onions and add 2 cups of milk and 1 cup sour cream.
If available add some fresh parmesan cheese (about 3-4 table spoons). Put the sliced chicken breasts into the sauce and let it simmer for about 10 mins.

Old 06-13-2009, 06:40 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,389,075 times
Good morning all.

It looks like it is going to be a beautiful day here. I think I need to strip the house and do some Spring cleaning. Time to put that music on loud and get dancing, lol. DH will have to stay outside today, lol.

Where is Elston?

Nomad- I'm sorry your wife isn't home yet. We are all here for you in your temporary bachelorhood.

Lacey- I bet your house smells wonderful.

MM- Thank you for sharing your recipe.

I have Boneless chicken breast defrosting. So I'm thinking either Chicken Cordon Blue or Chicken stuffed with Feta Cheese and Spinach and topped with tomatoes. Choices, choices, lol. Oh yeah DH is getting hot dogs(his new favorite dinner). At least he is easy.

Old 06-13-2009, 06:40 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,867,628 times
Lacey.... LOL...no such luck! haha Diva woke me with a "back rub" at about 7:10! Lucky Me!!! It
was more like and elbow in the back.... So Great!!!! GOOD MORNING MOMMY!!!! hahah I ended up falling asleep on the sofa last night at about 10ish! Hubby had to drag me up to bed I was so tired!

This morning is a beauty! Can hardly believe we are supposed to have Tstorms around noon! The kids and hubby want to camp out tonight- hope it doesn't last all afternoon. They have been looking forward to it all week. We were thinking about dinner on the firepit.... hot dogs! And then Smores! We will have to see how the weather treats us though.... FINGERS CROSSED!

Have a great Satureday everyone!!!!!!

Oh btw...skbs sleeps inside when they camp LOL

Old 06-13-2009, 06:57 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,084,878 times
Quote:
George I have to have some deep fried greasy battered fish once in awhile too but we only have Long John Silvers up here now.
It was good! I had a client that worked an ad agency and his client was Long John Silvers. We use to joke that all they served was "beige" food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
George, what stories you must have growing up around all that and now with the b-i-l too. No kidding the restaurant business is HARD! It would totally stress me out - better to just go and eat

Our dinner plans are being pushed back a few days. My guy had emergency outpatient surgery on his throat today. So he is on broth and soft foods until he can tolerate more. We got him a frosty on the way home and even that was difficult for him. Poor sweet thing Umm...I tried the new twisted coffee toffee frosty and it was tasty!
Hope that he is recovering well from the surgery

The stories I could tell you from the restaurant business! The drama of the guests! I don't which stories are better - the ones from the restaurant or the ones from me doing real estate. My memoirs will be entitled "As The Egg Roll Turns". They will be true tales of experiences from my life. You can't make this stuff up.

Turtlemom and I have been chatting offline and she ate at my grandfather's and father's restaurants! What a small world!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink