Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2009, 05:05 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,869,300 times

Advertisements

Oh Lacey hope everything is alright with Mr L.... I am thinking of him today... is there another Doc you can see?

Jaxson I just think God only hands you what you can deal with ... I must be a pretty STRONG chick! And these are tiny little bumps in the road- no MT to climb- so nothing serious.... just tiring.

Nomad you are making me wish I could eat HAM... love Ham and tha cherry glaze sounds amazing

SCG....sometimes a pb&j is all you need to make a day complete!

Plumber comes today and they are returning my CLEAN area rug. Have tons of laundry to put away as I didn't get to it yesterday....something came up....Now what was it again??? lol.... never mind I think I want to forget! Oh the FANS running are bringing it all back!!! lol.... Tonight.... well the lack of groceries migh be an issue....dinner might be creative if the plumber doesn't get her at a decent hour since I should really go grocery shoppin!!! Unlesss I can make something out of Two chicken breasts, a can of soup, elbow mac, some random canned veggies, instant mash..... two bagels.... hmmmm... SOME salad fixings... ???? I might have a revolt......

Old 06-23-2009, 05:54 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,594,189 times
Morning all - still recovering from yesterday's sugar overload here.

Lacey, I'll be hoping the best for you and your man - hope they can find the right solution with his meds soon!

I made that tuna, artichoke heart, chick pea combo yesterday so will munch on the rest of that today. Not sure if it will make it to dinner time or not. If not...probably cereal for dinner. I've thrown in the towel for this week - no "real" cooking!

More later - have a great day everyone!

Old 06-23-2009, 05:59 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Kats-If you're looking for Toosie (and NMS) follow the chocolate crumb road!-They give themselves away!!!!
Tattle Tale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
Uh oh! Toosie has a sugar hangover! Serves you right for stopping in at George's on your way here! Y'all ate all of SKBS' cake!
Say, how'd all these chocolate cake crumbs get all over my computer???

Lacey, I hope the hubster feels better soon. Hang in there, kiddo.

Just checking in. Gotta find a recipe for crockpot baby back ribs. WAY too hot and muggy here to cook them outside and we need to eat some of these before I go away. Besides, I need to cut back on all these carbs with the Chinese dishes DH has been making. I love them, but they love my belly way too much.

Have a great day, catch y'all later.

Old 06-23-2009, 06:06 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,743,388 times
Good Morning fellow foodies

Just finished catching up on everyone's posts....you all know how to start someone's day off with a chuckle. thank you.
skbs .....wow what a day you had but it sure sounds like you are on the mend.

Lacey oh boy if he wants to go to the hospital that can't be good. Hang in there.

I am thinking something chicken today..not sure
I think ELston one time mentioned soaking chicken in buttermilk and hot sauce (will Tabasco do?) but I forget what else you did.

Old 06-23-2009, 06:15 AM

48,132 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
Good Morning fellow foodies

Just finished catching up on everyone's posts....you all know how to start someone's day off with a chuckle. thank you.
skbs .....wow what a day you had but it sure sounds like you are on the mend.

Lacey oh boy if he wants to go to the hospital that can't be good. Hang in there.

I am thinking something chicken today..not sure
I think ELston one time mentioned soaking chicken in buttermilk and hot sauce (will Tabasco do?) but I forget what else you did.
I had forgotten about that crazyworld....but you are right.....and yes tobasco is a very good hot sauce...it would do nicely. I think the recipe youre remembering was for fried chicken.....and what I did was marinate the chicken in the butter milk and hot sauce.....(it tenderizes the chicken) and then rolled or shook it in self rising flour....and fried it in oil (not deep fat but enough to about half way cover it). I havent done that in a long time....probably not since I posted about it....if you give it a try let us know.....I don't remember much about it.

Old 06-23-2009, 06:17 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Oh Lacey dear, I am so sorry about Mr. L and these problems he is having. Poor guy! He really needs a second opinion it sounds like. He was just starting to do so well. It seems to often the medications cause more problems then the actual illness. I know with me that is true anyhow!!
Skbs, I am happy yesterday is over and done and maybe today you can kick back a little and relax.
See what happens here.....I go and try to make a little extra cash and ya'll go and eat the whole friggin" Ding Dong cake!! Talk about sneaky!!
Today I have to go out and weed my gardens. I'll do it this morning because it's just to hot during the day in the direct sun. After the weeding I have some bell peppers I want to freeze and a couple of melons to cut up. Then I'll jump back on my computer later today and do some work and will check in here to post my dinner.
And Kelsies Chicken Piccata is to die for guys! And it's easy. Well, anything new is never really easy for me but at least I didn't feel to stressed over it. I highly recommend this dish!

Old 06-23-2009, 07:27 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,505,594 times
Another 98 degree day today.

We're going to have Boar's Head Franks tonight - I blame the hot dog thread.

Some marinated veggie salad for the side and I don't have to cook tonight.

And by the way, as my husband would say oh so winningly "This is just an FYI," y'all can stop talking about chocolate cake ANY TIME NOW.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:36 AM

Elston thank you.................you never disappoint!

Old 06-23-2009, 07:47 AM

elston you might be interested in this article.....blast from the past.
Movie Shoot Closes Popular Clam Shack - Entertainment News Story - WCVB Boston (http://www.thebostonchannel.com/entertainment/19831371/detail.html - broken link)

Old 06-23-2009, 07:50 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,321,367 times
We are having a "left-overs/ do whatever you can with all that stuff" week
Actually we are leaving for a vacation next Thursday so we have to empty the fridge... But improvising is a good thing, I enjoy that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink