Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2009, 03:49 PM

7,335 posts, read 2,742,977 times

Advertisements

Hello all...just dropping in for a minute...

Laceyex, you and Mr L are in my thoughts and prayers.

Been busy with things around the house and visiting with soldier son. It's been hotter than Hades here with higher than normal humidity....rains all around us so we get the nasty humidity with none of the good wet stuff.

Son decided he wanted to go along with the crowd so tonight...spaghetti with homemade sauce, garlic bread and a salad. Tomorrow is his last full day home and it will be dinner at Grandma's for meatloaf, potatoes and gravy and some kind of veggie. He will leave Thursday and I will (sigh) go back to work Thursday night.

Hope you all have a better end of the week and a wonderful weekend.

Last edited by I Am Woman; 06-23-2009 at 03:52 PM.. Reason: blasted typos

Old 06-23-2009, 04:33 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,248,044 times
Lacey, you & Mr. L are in my heart. You know where I am. Give Mr. L a big hug for me.

skbs, I am so glad you are having a better day.

KingChef, we will handle your chefs with kid gloves. Your menu sounds outstanding for Saturday.

MWBW: It is packed and ready to go in the mail tomorrow & will email when it is on it's way. Thank you.

Well, I was out most of the day and since husband is on the "stupid" shift today, he had to help himself to leftovers. I noticed when I got home (since the corning ware was in the sink) that he had eaten sloppy joes, cold out of the fridge without buns. Why check the cabinet?

Well the unthinkable was done at the "k's" house today, while my friend & I were out I decided to p/u a Wendy's cheeseburger, fries, & a coke. I had a temporary lapse which will pass very quickly, I paid $7 for this junk when I have ground Sirloin and Ground Round in the freezer for .99 a lb. Came home and read Lacey's post and being upset, ate the whole thing, now my stomach hurts.

I hope tonight will be a better night for all my friends on cd. Going to try and get some writing in. See you all later. kelsie

Old 06-23-2009, 04:40 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,743,388 times
Lacey I cannot even imagine the pain he was in......

Debsi OK I made the chicken..soaked in the buttermilk and tabasco all day and for cereal I didn't want to use Kix and Cheerios so I used Special K........it is special K with chocolate pieces....I think a couple of pieces got mixed in so it has a little chocolate in the coating. Hey what can it hurt.......
Smells good anyway.

Old 06-23-2009, 04:43 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
Lacey I just don't have words to express my thoughts right now other than to wish the two of you the very best in healing.

My taste buds and tummy are not in agreement about anything so I think I will settle the dispute with a PB&J for dinner a little later.

Old 06-23-2009, 04:49 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Lord thank you all-I can deal with this because I have you. Something brought us all here and wow am I thankful.

Kelsie-that's so funny but hey at least Wendy's is somewhat healthy and as far as checking the pantry I know.

I am relieved as Mr. L is-I know we'll never cure this but our doc's have been so great. And your support means so much-thank you more than I can say.

Now everyone - get on the plane and surprise (ssshhh) Crazy!

Old 06-23-2009, 04:51 PM

I heard that and all I can say is COME ON DOWN!

Old 06-23-2009, 05:14 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchef View Post
i'll have to go see what the fish monger has fresh (huh, that's a laugh---you coastal folks be thankful for what you got!) i'm in a grilled fish state of mind...honey-lemon glazed koho, perhaps. skillet new pots, grilled corn on the cob (silver queen in market here) fresh berry/fruit salad w/ lemon curd and left over puff pastry. orange tea w/ spearmint. going to make a heavy cream/mascarpone peach ice cream later. experimenting w/ textures and volumes---real "peachy." got to please some "high browes" saturday---they're paying! i'm buttering up the fish guy, hopefully, for better price on whole salmon---need two @ $46.00 ea. will do fish three ways: grav lox, sushi, and crusted salt-baked. i wanted to get something similar to redfish from the gulf, but that was nixed by one of my fish suppliers---dumb as cleophus the three-headed mule---what an idiot. doesn't know black sea bass from shad or yellow terd wrestling catfish. between the fish guy and the vegetable peddler (who sent green onions to replace nappa cabbage)---go figure---i'll soon be in the hospital, or prison...don't know which would be worse---guess you could at least have the sex angle in prison, lol. well, enough fussing. i hope all who
have really significant problems find nothing but blessings in the answers to them.

true story: told some of my station chefs and line cooks to check out some of the internet spots for recipe/food/entertaining ideas---accidentally included this as a possible site---some of these guys are very good. i am interested in seeing what they report to me. of course, a few probably look at a refrigerator like a calf looking at a new gate; however, i have learned to be a little more patient...i hope. i have been compared to crosses between r. d. mercer, julia child (a bit unfair---her chest, stomach, and legs were somewhat harrier) and jacque p. i adore all of them, before i get roasted by all...i'm just say'n!!! show 'em some luv, if not experience and good, sensible recipes/menus. thanks guys.
Lemme at 'em, lemme at 'em!

Uh, I mean, sure, kingchef...we'll be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
Well, spaghetti is out - I have no vermicelli for it. Sooooooo............called DH and asked him to pick up some ribs and fixins at this great BBQ place that happens to be really close to his work! Whoo Hoo!
So that's who came to the door looking for his order!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
Lacey I cannot even imagine the pain he was in......

Debsi OK I made the chicken..soaked in the buttermilk and tabasco all day and for cereal I didn't want to use Kix and Cheerios so I used Special K........it is special K with chocolate pieces....I think a couple of pieces got mixed in so it has a little chocolate in the coating. Hey what can it hurt.......
Smells good anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Lord thank you all-I can deal with this because I have you. Something brought us all here and wow am I thankful.

Kelsie-that's so funny but hey at least Wendy's is somewhat healthy and as far as checking the pantry I know.

I am relieved as Mr. L is-I know we'll never cure this but our doc's have been so great. And your support means so much-thank you more than I can say.

Now everyone - get on the plane and surprise (ssshhh) Crazy!
Not if she's serving chicken w/chocolate pieces. Nope. Can't do it. No way.

The ribs in the crock pot were excellent. I rubbed them w/Emeril's Southwest seasoning. Used the crockpot liner, threw in a sliced Vidalia, two huge crushed garlic cloves and the seasoned ribs on top of that. Let them go for about 4 hours, then threw on our favorite BBQ sauce and let them go for a few more hours. They fell off the bone and were SSSOOOOOO tasty. DH said he'd rather have them like that than on the grill, so they were a success. Corn was also very fresh, very good. I did something I haven't done in ages - I ate two! We also had steamed carrots with Lawry's salt and parsley. Oh, and a couple of manhattans. One was for a dear friend.

Lacey....you know how I feel. Hang in there, cuz we're all here for you. group hug!

Old 06-23-2009, 05:25 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,594,189 times
Lacey, hugs to you - thinking the best for you and your man. Should we tape some of the proceedings at crazy's to share with him or...?

Old 06-23-2009, 05:27 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,731,582 times
I had Chicken, Baked Potato and Carrots tonight. Nothing too big...

Old 06-23-2009, 05:30 PM

Nope remember no taping or videos or pictures....What happens at Crazy's stays at Crazy's.

Hey my chicken smellls a little chocolatey. Dinner and dessert in one seating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink