Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2009, 05:34 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,331,486 times

Advertisements

Oooohhh, Lacey- I am so very sorry to hear that Mr. L. is back with another abscess again, but deeply grateful that you took him in to the ER so quickly. Oh, that just sucks - there's no other way to describe it. Poor, poor guy, and poor Lacey, too, because I know how hard it is on you when he's in the hospital like that. Sending thoughts, karma and well wishes to both of you, dear heart. And if there is anything I can do to help, please DM me. Hugs.....

Supper tonight will be brats on the grill with our weekly dinner guests, who are due to arrive at any moment, so I won't dally. Just really wanted to send hugs to our Lacey and Mr. L. before the grillin' starts. Back later with the report.

PS Kelsie - thanks, and I'll be watching for it! Can't wait!

Old 06-23-2009, 06:14 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,297,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
Sounds like my kind of dinner cynwldkat. I've got to start getting in here. It's such a nice table you set and such fine company. Hello everyone. All my bunch like to cook and we've done plenty experimenting. Dinner is really the only meal I have anymore as I have a fussy stomach. Pardon my interuption. I may return at some point with something to share!
Good to see you again! Please come back and visit more often! We always have room fore another friend here!

Old 06-23-2009, 06:19 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,297,179 times
Lacey, you and Mr L are in my prayers. I feel so badly for the both of you. This has been such a hard time. It will get better. I'm sure the Dr's will figure it all out.

Whew---very long day and I am tired. Just cleaned up the kitchen. Now I should try to go out and weed for a half hour or so. UGH.....I am so tired.....We'll see.
Everyone have a great evening.

Old 06-23-2009, 06:35 PM

1,116 posts, read 2,962,237 times
Cleaned the whole place yesterday, and we're going on vacation next week so no grocery shopping for me. Cleaning out the freezer time! Dinner is going to be sauteed cheese/potato/onion pierogies I've had languishing in the freezer since I made them, probably with caramelized onions, cabbage, and brown butter sauce. Hearty and delicious.

Old 06-23-2009, 06:39 PM

1,116 posts, read 2,962,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchef View Post
...whole salmon---need two @ $46.00 ea. will do fish three ways: grav lox, sushi, and crusted salt-baked..
Yikes, I hope you don't plan on raw salmon sushi from the same fish! Definitely not safe at all, no matter how fresh your fish. Remember, 5 days frozen at 0 or below to kill parasites, and even then, it's so much better to just shell out for sashimi grade..

Old 06-23-2009, 06:41 PM

48,110 posts, read 21,990,299 times
We had Black Angus NY Sirloin steak.....the weather has been off again on again .... so I didnt do it on the grill....used the big ol' black cast iron fry pan--tried out some salt pork and did the steak med rare....at the end added some of Stubbs teri-aki Bar B Q marinade.....had a wonderful ceasar salad and steamed rice.......basic....but delicious! My DP worked so hard in the yard today.....he was famished...I am glad I had a real he-man steak supper for him.

(we planted 3 apple trees and a smoke tree and he finished applying a truck load of mulch to all the shrubs and trees in the front yards. He had a right to be tired and hongry!)

Old 06-23-2009, 06:49 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,841,918 times
Night all and thanx-just spoke to Mr.L and my kids/grands/friends (from CD and home) and he's feeling better-doc has been in many times to visit-imagine that bill!!!

Dinner was spin salad w/garbanzos and angel food cake.

Old 06-23-2009, 06:53 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,585,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
Nope remember no taping or videos or pictures....What happens at Crazy's stays at Crazy's.

Hey my chicken smellls a little chocolatey. Dinner and dessert in one seating.
OK no evidence - gotcha.

Oooo are you making chicken mole!? I could go for some - and a good shredded pork tamale. mmm

Old 06-23-2009, 07:13 PM

256 posts, read 452,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Night all and thanx-just spoke to Mr.L and my kids/grands/friends (from CD and home) and he's feeling better-doc has been in many times to visit-imagine that bill!!!

Dinner was spin salad w/garbanzos and angel food cake.
LaceyEx - Honey, you and your Mr are in my prayers! Hugs to you both. Crohn's is so hard to deal with. I'm sure he's been on some, if not all, of the special antiinflammatories used for Crohn's. Hope one of them works for him soon! I've seen so many people get really good results from them - then there are the ones that nothing seems to work for. Surgery is fraught with complications. I'll send you some chocolate thoughts - and whatever thoughts your DH needs.

Kingchef - we are Julia fans - as Emerril says, "Julia! God Bless Her!" That's how my DH learned to cook and actually has become pretty doggone talented. That salmon sounds wonderful! We love salmon here at our house!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Well, the electrician just left. He took a good look at the Circuit breaker box... where ALL of the water came RUSHING out of yesterday. I am so lucky to be here typing today... If that sucker had gone and shocked me!!!! I tell ya.... Well, anyway- there was a ton of water in the box today and he said the worse was over but each of the little breakers had water logged between each one and it was going to cause serious damage to each one if they were not pulled out individually and dried off.... so he did that today and put them back in. The Heat/AC people paid for him.... The Cleaning Crew came back and checked the floors and wall and the floor is dry! but the drywall is still wet. They think one more day with the fans for the wall.... The dehumidifier is still running.... I am ending up paying for the plumber.... I will take the $200 for that... I am calmed down now and ok.... I will eat the $200.... it is fine.... wish I had some DING DONG CAKE to make the medicine go down but.... oh well... LOL.....

I think I am done with workers for right now.... I will run to the grocery store when the kids are done w/ their mac and cheese.....
skbs - YIKES! You deserve Ding Dong Cake in the extreme! Ding Dong thoughts coming your way!

Tonight my crockpot grape chicken turned out really well! I've put it in the "keeper" folder. Tomorrow will be stressful, so I'm only going to do a quick, "instant" fondue thing. Don't have any dunking veggies, so will just use bread. I like bread. Maybe I'll thaw some shrimp and boil them - gently - and use them as dippers, too. Fondue is one of my "comfort foods" - right up there with chicken-noodle soup and fried-chicken-rice-and-gravy, and black tea with "oven toast."

Old 06-23-2009, 07:20 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,285,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
So that's who came to the door looking for his order!

then threw on our favorite BBQ sauce and let them go for a few more hours.
So THATS what took him so long to get home!

OK - Spill! What's the fav BBQ sauce?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink