Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 06:26 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,080,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoria View Post
Mashed potatoes with butter and gravy
Macaroni and cheese

And the one item I don't dare even keep in the house, I can hear it whispering, singing to me from inside the refrigerator.....calling me

~Sour cream~On bread on crackers on chips. With a spoon, with a fork, in a box with a fox. Over noodles or rice, on soup, in tacos, licked directly from fingers.

Sour cream is my weakness.
My ultimate comfort food in the dead of winter is a cheesy sour cream and potato bake. It's basically potatoes au gratin baked with cheese (you can use whatever block cheeses you have leftover from the deli-cheddar and swiss work great) and sour cream-I bake an entire casserole dish and I swear I eat the entire thing within 10 hours. It sedates me better than Valium.

Not exactly figure-friendly but man it is spectacular...

Blue-cheese dressing-I can eat that stuff right out of the jar with a spoon! The best is always from the restaurants (I'm yet to find a good blue cheese dressing in a bottle) that's really really sour creamy with huge chunks of fresh blue cheese.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 06:27 AM

522 posts, read 1,855,469 times
Fire Cheetos

Old 07-01-2009, 06:20 PM

2,918 posts, read 3,019,044 times
Loads.

Mr.Kiplings strawberry French Fancies (a type of delicious cake)
Pennsylvania state sour cream and chive pretzels
Gala fruits candies
Grapes/bananas/strawberries
Lasagne!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fish pie
Chicken Satay dipped in peanut butter
Sushi (yum!!!)

I eat loads of this stuff among much else.

Old 07-01-2009, 06:44 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,083,219 times
I found some fresh lychee nuts at the local international market. I can't wait to dive into them!

Lychee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 07-01-2009, 07:04 PM

96 posts, read 258,210 times
tortilla chips with homemade guacamole
potato chips with horseradish dip with ice cold beer
Italian sausage pizza
Lorna Doone cookies
New York style cheesecake
lasagna
cashews
bacon anywhere anyhow

Old 07-01-2009, 07:29 PM

33 posts, read 78,890 times
Pop Corn, once I start, I can't stop!

Watermelon is another. Seriously, I can eat an entire watermelon all by myself! And I have, more than once, in fact, I'm thinking that's what I'm going to do this weekend. Buy one for the family and buy one for me!

Old 07-01-2009, 07:49 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,799,251 times
Ritz Crackers
Cool Whip (I can eat a whole tub!!)
Thin Mints (Girl Scout Cookies)

Old 07-01-2009, 09:38 PM

1,820 posts, read 4,491,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
My ultimate comfort food in the dead of winter is a cheesy sour cream and potato bake. It's basically potatoes au gratin baked with cheese (you can use whatever block cheeses you have leftover from the deli-cheddar and swiss work great) and sour cream-I bake an entire casserole dish and I swear I eat the entire thing within 10 hours. It sedates me better than Valium.

Not exactly figure-friendly but man it is spectacular...

Blue-cheese dressing-I can eat that stuff right out of the jar with a spoon! The best is always from the restaurants (I'm yet to find a good blue cheese dressing in a bottle) that's really really sour creamy with huge chunks of fresh blue cheese.
I love sour cream as well and would probably say that I could dip anything in it and love it! (except cauliflower,I could never love that stuff!).
Hot sauce is a 2nd fav, I can dip fries,veggies,etc.. into the sour cream and the hot sauce at once

Old 07-01-2009, 10:08 PM

3 posts, read 8,124 times
All natural Ice Cream, fresh baked cookies, tangerines, strawberries, and mango's are some of my favs!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink