Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 03:38 AM

1,297 posts, read 4,770,145 times

Advertisements

I only buy the sausage,egg,and fake cheese crosants and there are 2 Burger Kings in our small area about 2 miles apart. The one I don't go to anymore charges .15 cents more and the buns have a funky soapy smell, taste to them. Tried them 3 times and always the same.

Old 06-16-2009, 04:05 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,170,731 times
They are catoring to hospitals and nursing homes that have quarantine wards.
They are making sandwiches thin enough to slip UNDER the doors by contract.
You are getting whats left over. The soapy smell is probably disinfectnant.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:40 AM

1,642 posts, read 4,094,021 times
I dont eat at BK but I noticed the shrinking portions at fast food restaurants over a year ago. The last McD Filet of Fish I got had half a piece of cheese, and the fish didn't even reach the sides of the bun, which was smaller too. Arby's Beef N Chedder is a joke now. Also, the Sonic corn dogs are now shorter than the stick they come on.

Old 06-16-2009, 10:44 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,767,079 times
Speaking of smaller burgers anyone had the little "Burger shots"??
I found em disgusting,threw most of it away...

Old 06-16-2009, 12:57 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Wonderful idea. With a 30+% obesity rate, who needs bigger burgers? A whopper, order of fries and a drink is plenty for a full meal. If you need more, order two of them. If you can't afford two, cook your meals at home for less than half the price, or skip the big drink and big fries and save four bucks. They will put on extra onions, tomato, lettuce, no charge. Even extra-extra. Pick up a plastic fork, dump the trimmings on your tray, and have a free salad with your burger. Ask for senior discount. If you look older than the counter girl's mother, she'll knock off ten percent. Save your register ticket, and get a free whopper next visit, just go on line and look up the validation code, if you dont have time for the 3-minute survey. The survey is a lot shorter if you say "very good" or "I didn't order that" on every multiple choice. The code changes monthly.

Old 06-16-2009, 02:40 PM

3,219 posts, read 7,082,223 times
I don't eat at BK, but I eat Taco Bell once in a great while and have noticed similar changes there. The mexican pizza is never filled out to the sides, only half of the top portion has cheese, and they no longer put tomatoes or green onions on them. The burritos and meximelts barely have any filling and are thus very 'skinny'. The beans taste like cardboard to me now. Cheese is almost non-existant.

I cook at home. We do enjoy ordering a good pizza from the local pizzeria quite often.

Old 06-17-2009, 05:39 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,391,518 times
I must be getting old because more sentences are starting out like this...

"When I was a kid"....Burger King made the best hamburgers.

They definitely started cheaping out on the quality of the meat in something like the 80s. Now they will become worthy of the old "Where's the beef?" commercials. Which leads us to Wendy's. I haven't eaten there in years. Are they going the same way as BK and McD?

Old 06-17-2009, 10:44 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,188,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
I must be getting old because more sentences are starting out like this...

"When I was a kid"....Burger King made the best hamburgers.

They definitely started cheaping out on the quality of the meat in something like the 80s. Now they will become worthy of the old "Where's the beef?" commercials. Which leads us to Wendy's. I haven't eaten there in years. Are they going the same way as BK and McD?
Can't say for sure since we have been ordering off their $ menu for awhile lately. Their $ burgers are the size of a Jr. Whopper I suppose but their $ FF's are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay small.

Noticed yesterday Arby's use to sell 5 regular roast beef sandwiches for $5 about twice a year (that was a great deal feeding a family) then last year they changed it to 4 or $5. People threw a fit about it now they have gone back to the 5 for $5. The size is way smaller on them too be curious as to how folks will deal with that now.

Old 06-18-2009, 12:21 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,249,829 times
Burger King Battles Costs With Smaller Whopper Jr. - WSJ.com

Old 06-18-2009, 04:33 PM

1,116 posts, read 2,963,810 times
The only fast food I'll ever eat now is occasionally a Cook-out chicken club, or maybe take out a steak and shake burger. The major contenders of fast food right now seem to be cutting corners in both quantity and quality. While I'm not the type to chow down a huge sandwich, I really don't like paying huge prices for mediocre food.

Now it reminds me of cafeteria food. I used to be able to eat a bean burrito or the like at Taco Bell, but I second the comment about a lot of it tasting soapy. It's really just gross now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.