Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2009, 02:56 PM

167 posts, read 516,608 times

Advertisements

Has anyone purchased Montel's Living Well Blender. It's supposed to make soups, blender drinks, ice cream?

If you have one, let me know if it's worth the $$ or not?

Thanks ~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 05:02 PM

43,854 posts, read 50,926,791 times
Doesn't any blender pretty much do the same thing?

Old 06-15-2009, 11:05 PM

540 posts, read 1,326,204 times
I saw him advertising that and I would check the warranty. Sometimes the motors are made of cheap materials, and burn up quickly. Check out quality. Look on epinions for reviews

I've used Vitamix blenders forever. My first one was more than 20 years ago. I bought it to make my own baby food.
I bought my last one 7 or 8 years ago and use it almost everyday. I think their guarantee is 7 years. I love the thing. If you watch Iron Chef and cooking shows in general, you'll see them abuse these machines on a constant basis. I noticed they are used in a lot of restaurants and bars too.

They aren't cheap and sometimes a good deal can be found on ebay. Even used, the things are horses.

Demo on their site. I just checked out the demo. Look at top of page. They do a bunch of them. Anyway, here's the funny part. On the demo page they have Montel endorsing it from a year ago. Maybe he decided to get his own line. I would thoroughly checkout the differences before purchasing.

I checked out his site and he is selling several appliances. His blender is 1/2 the price of Vitamix. He definitely borrowed from their type of demo.
https://secure.vitamix.com/acb/stores/4/index.aspx

Last edited by baseballgal; 06-16-2009 at 12:34 AM..

Old 10-14-2009, 12:20 PM

1 posts, read 8,845 times
Thumbs up I have it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena123 View Post
Has anyone purchased Montel's Living Well Blender. It's supposed to make soups, blender drinks, ice cream?

If you have one, let me know if it's worth the $$ or not?

Thanks ~
It is worth the money - we love it. Even got my husband on board. Daughter gladly adds the veggies to drinks and more. We only made 1 thing we did not like so far. It does what it says. Follow directions first few times then just stay in the guidelines with liquid to solid and you will be fine. It does make everything they claim and more. When asked if you want to upgrade to the new more powerful motor, don't. You still get everything included and there is no need to upgrade at all.

Old 01-31-2010, 07:04 AM

1 posts, read 6,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Doesn't any blender pretty much do the same thing?
Try using any standard blender and put kale, or spinach I am not talking one handful of spinach I am talking 3 or 4 hand fulls put some orange apples froxen strawberries and hit blend see what happens you will be buying a new blender and still not be able to eat what you blended because it will be big chunky stringy mess.

I use a blentec make it smooth as drinking whole milk, I love my powerhouse blender "BLENDTEC" check out willitblend dot com

Old 05-10-2010, 06:18 AM

1 posts, read 5,603 times
Default living well blender

anyone thinking about buying a livingwell blender i would not recomend itwe bought one a couple of months ago it started lwaking out of the seal in the pitcher we conteced the company after nany tries thet said this was normal every time we used it the mix would be all over the motor we called them back they finally sent out a ney pitcher now the new one is leaking not a very good machine poor quality thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink