Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2009, 06:12 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,179,793 times

Advertisements

I thought these were cute. Anyone else have their own funny food quote?

Diet Coke with lemon - didn’t that used to be called Pledge?
Jay Leno

Vegetarian: an old Indian word for bad hunter
Author unknown

I love Thanksgiving turkey…it’s the only time in Los Angeles that you see natural breasts.
Arnold Schwarzenegger

Fun-sized Snickers? Who’s this fun for? Not me. I need six or seven of these babies in a row to start having fun.
Jeff Carlin

Soup is just a way of screwing you out of a meal.
Jay Leno

Pepperidge Farm bread… that’s fancy bread. You can tell it’s fancy because it’s wrapped twice. You open it, and it still isn’t open. That’s why I don’t buy it. I don’t need another step between me and toast.
Mitch Hedberg

Source: 25 Funny Food Quotes « Food Network Humor

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 06:07 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,626,809 times
Not all funny but here's some excellent ones :

Edible, adj.: Good to eat, and wholesome to digest, as a worm to a toad, a toad to a snake, a snake to a pig, a pig to a man, and a man to a worm. ~Ambrose Bierce

There is a lot more juice in grapefruit than meets the eye. ~Author Unknown

Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie. ~Jim Davis

I would like to find a stew that will give me heartburn immediately, instead of at three o'clock in the morning. ~John Barrymore

No man in the world has more courage than the man who can stop after eating one peanut. ~Channing Pollock

Welcome to the Church of the Holy Cabbage. Lettuce pray. ~Author Unknown

After all the trouble you go to, you get about as much actual "food" out of eating an artichoke as you would from licking 30 or 40 postage stamps. ~Miss Piggy

The bagel, an unsweetened doughnut with rigor mortis. ~Beatrice & Ira Freeman

When baking, follow directions. When cooking, go by your own taste. ~Laiko Bahrs

Anybody who believes that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach flunked geography. ~Robert Byrne

If organic farming is the natural way, shouldn't organic produce just be called "produce" and make the pesticide-laden stuff take the burden of an adjective? ~Ymber Delecto

A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat. ~Old New York Proverb

We are living in a world today where lemonade is made from artificial flavors and furniture polish is made from real lemons. ~Alfred E. Newman

If God had intended us to follow recipes,
He wouldn't have given us grandmothers.
~Linda Henley

Rice is born in water and must die in wine. ~Italian Proverb

Everything I eat has been proved by some doctor or other to be a deadly poison, and everything I don't eat has been proved to be indispensable for life. But I go marching on. ~George Bernard Shaw

I will not eat oysters. I want my food dead - not sick, not wounded - dead. ~Woody Allen

The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been found. ~Calvin Trillin

He who eats alone chokes alone. ~Proverb

As for butter versus margarine, I trust cows more than chemists. ~Joan Gussow

Old 06-25-2009, 06:27 AM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,141,675 times
They're all cute ones~Thanks~!

Old 06-25-2009, 11:27 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,179,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post

Welcome to the Church of the Holy Cabbage. Lettuce pray. ~Author Unknown

I have no idea why I found that one so funny.....but I did.

Old 06-25-2009, 03:08 PM

41,956 posts, read 75,183,468 times
The double wrapper on the Pepperidge Farm bread steams me, too. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink