Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 06:20 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,596,703 times

Advertisements

Apple
Cherry
Pumpkin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 07:25 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times
Cherry

Apple

Pumpkin

Old 06-30-2009, 08:38 AM

5,296 posts, read 7,233,802 times
Apple
Pumpkin
Cherry

Old 06-30-2009, 08:59 AM

224 posts, read 689,184 times
Thumbs up nope...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Not keen on pie. Do I ruin the Venn diagram ?
Actually, I was hoping there would be someone who wouldn't like anyof them. No, you didn't ruin the diagram. You're still on it.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:03 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,619,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suemandy23 View Post
Actually, I was hoping there would be someone who wouldn't like anyof them. No, you didn't ruin the diagram. You're still on it.
Glad to help. I always find Pie a little too sweet for me and a bit cloying. I know this will open me to stoning from many quarters but Pie really does not rock my world at all. My SO however could eat Pie for Britain ...

How about savoury pies, does this count ? I must admit I am very fond of a good savoury pie, Steak and Ale Pie, Chicken , leeks and Tarragon, Venison, Fish Pie etc...

Old 06-30-2009, 09:03 AM

1,142 posts, read 2,815,051 times
Pumpkin, cherry then apple. Then chocolate cream, blueberry, pecan, ice cream pie, coconut cream.......

Old 06-30-2009, 09:12 AM

4,537 posts, read 9,186,569 times
Apple
Cherry
Pumpkin

Old 06-30-2009, 09:28 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,492,577 times
Not having much of a sweet tooth is WHY I like pie, mooseketeer! I find these desserts - a good homemade one or from a great bakery, not the mass produced Entemann's type desserts - to be much less cloyingly sweet than other desserts on offer.

Reading Nigel Slater's book Toast convinced me that Brits must have some of the sweetest teeth on the planet!

I like apple, cherry, AND pumpkin.

Like cherry pie nice and sour.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:02 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,619,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Not having much of a sweet tooth is WHY I like pie, mooseketeer! I find these desserts - a good homemade one or from a great bakery, not the mass produced Entemann's type desserts - to be much less cloyingly sweet than other desserts on offer.

Reading Nigel Slater's book Toast convinced me that Brits must have some of the sweetest teeth on the planet!

I like apple, cherry, AND pumpkin.

Like cherry pie nice and sour.
I'll have to take your word on that about Pie though my personal experiences have been slighlty different.

Brits have indeed got a horrendously sweet tooth though I find Americans even worse... I have given up even trying desserts in the US as it makes my eyes water, way, way too sweet for me. American chocolate bars are like sugar with a vague taste of chemical- chocolate attached to it.

British puddings are not something I will go out of my way to eat I must admit. I will eat what is put in front of me but even my iron stomach does protest at such delights as "treacle pudding" , "Ginger and Syrup", "Fruit pudding", "Christmas Pudding/Cake", "Raspberry Jam Pudding" .... I start to hyperventilate simply thinking about it. I would rather go to the dentist ( and would need to if I ate it) than eat some of those concotions.

I am not really much of a dessert person , my idea of dessert heaven is a souffle or a syllabub or maybe fruit sorbets...

I was shocked to see how many food manufacturers in the UK and the US add sugar to things like Ketchup, Baked beans, burger sauces , salad dressings, juices, cereals etc... Makes me feel queasy .

And let's not even get into Indian , Greek, Turkish desserts where I would need an ambulance before I am finished with them...

I am really not used to sweet foods and simply do not appreciate the appeal.

I have tried almost every type of American dessert I can think of ( including the dreaded Jell-O- what is the point of Jell-O can anyone explain this to me ??? ) and was surprised how sweet something like Key Lime Pie was... I expected it to be really refreshing and tangy but it really was like chewing on refined sugar... Molasses tart was one of my most unpleasant food experiences ever and I have eaten some pretty dubious foods in my time.

I persisted for years and years but gave up. And the portions are just so enormous that they could feed an African village for a week.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:08 AM

3,131 posts, read 11,643,687 times
favorite is apple, followed closely by cherry.

when you go for special pies..pumpkin around the holidays, also, french silk!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink