Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 06:06 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,081,029 times

Advertisements

When I was young and in college, I don't recall drinking much water. I do recall when there was a study about the benefits of drinking eight 8 ounce glasses of water a day. I sat down one night and I drank all 64 ounces. Boy did I need to pee after wards!

Now all I drink is filtered tap water. I have a charcoal filter on my fridge and keep a liter and a half bottle of water in the fridge at all times. I try to drink at least one 1.5 liter bottle each day. The bottle is a good measurement for me as to how much water I am drinking each day. If I get sick, I double my intake to try to flush out any toxins. Water really does not taste good to me when I am sick so I have to force myself to drink it. Also, my rule of thumb is that I drink one glass of water for each martini if I have one in the evening

I rarely drink sodas. This summer I have been brewing some decaffeinated iced tea sweetened with Splenda and fresh orange slices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 05:14 AM

23 posts, read 73,593 times
I choose water over all kinds of sodas and other drinks; plain water is what our body needs! But between not hydrating yourself properly and high intake of sodas &co ...the sodas will do just fine if you are not scared by the effects of chemicals that sodas usually contain.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:17 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,596,703 times
I've been drinking more water since buying a Brita Water Pitcher and having cold water ready all the time. It just tastes better and we feel we're helping the environment somehow by not using throw-away plastic bottles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink