Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2009, 12:04 PM

3,273 posts, read 2,968,632 times

Advertisements

Hi foodies!

Just got back from shopping. I got me a new pair of shoes. I think the saleslady at Macy's made a huge error, to my advantage. $70 Naturalizer shoes, new for the fall season, for $29.99. I wasn't going to argue.

Anyway, DH wants hot dogs and beans. I'm not into hot dogs or beans, so I'll have a piece of leftover pizza that I froze.

~Have a great day~

Old 08-13-2009, 12:06 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,737,720 times
Good for you Hawaii. I got two pairs myself yesterday! One sale price and 1/2 off the other!

Old 08-13-2009, 12:12 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,586,547 times
I need to save that recipe. Love stuffed cabbage but it's a pain to make. That casserole sounds like an awesome compromise!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
OK Tooooooosie ......you must have had some 'splainin to do on that one! OMG 5th grade? I'm surprised you are alive.
Yeah to hear that I had my first cigarette in 4th grade, first drunk in 5th, first joint in 6th - you'd think I was a real rebel hellraiser druggie. But, I always hated cigarettes and never had one again until college (and then only a few)...didn't drink again until my later teen years and, for the most part, never heavily...only smoked pot casually and was pretty much over it by the time my peers in highschool started experimenting with it. Sorta been there done that for me - I always thought of it as a stage that people grow out of. Plus, the smokers, drinkers, and druggies all seemed like such losers - wasn't interested in fitting in with them. So, it was never a big deal or issue for me but, unfortunately, my best friend, who shared all those firsts and experiences with me, ended up struggling with addiction, as did her mom. Thankfully, now she's been clean for many many years.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:17 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,739,063 times
Logan??? What time? It will only take me 15 minutes to get you.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:21 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,529,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Kats-over mashed is great with the meatballs.
Salisbury steak over smashed potatoes sounds good to me. Which frozen dinner is the best?

DOH! I forgot this is the recipe thread, I have make the fixuns myself. Okay, put steak in pan, add gravy mix with water, instant smashed potatoes, DONE!!!!

WOw, that was easy.

<< chorus of NO FAIR! That's Cheating! from the ladies>>

Old 08-13-2009, 12:24 PM

toosie that is sad for your friend. You were young but I really believe you either have the addiction or you don't. I drink but but not a lot....Usually by the time I am on a second beer I am so hot ......it. Same for a regular drink. I like that fancy schmancy ones.

My MIL would drink a big bottle of Crown Royal every couple of days and she lived to see 88....Pain in the butt but she could hold it. That's why she didn't like me...I wasn't a "drinker"

Last edited by crazyworld; 08-13-2009 at 12:57 PM..

Old 08-13-2009, 12:55 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
RedBird-that's fne-we're not going to talk about ya!!!!!

Ah Toos mis-spent youth.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:08 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,081,029 times
Wow CW - a bottle of Crown every few days? Hmmm....I wonder if I will be well preserved with vodka

I went to high school and then she followed me to the same college, a girl that was already in recovery by the time she was 13 or so. I don't even recall sneaking a beer then. I had my first official beer my first day in college. It was awful However, I like them with pizza and when it gets really hot

I have overachieved once again today. I know...it's so hard to be me

I couldn't think of what kind of pie I wanted. I decided finally on a gold old apple pie I made a hybrid recipe, we will have to see if it comes out. Of course then I had to go and purchase a pie pan. I usually use the frozen stuff but last year I made this wonderful apple tart from scratch and saw Melissa from Next Food Network Star make this super simple pastry crust. I think my crust was a little wet but I am sure it will be fine. I have everything chilling in the refrigerator right now. I want the pastry dough to be nice and cold when I pop that sucker in the stove.

Dishwasher is running and I need to Dyson now

Old 08-13-2009, 01:13 PM

Ya George she was a real charmer that MIL of mine and I am not saying that nicely.

Apple tarts sound so good...........I can smell them now.
I love my Dyson too

Old 08-13-2009, 01:13 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,286,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Crazy it was stuffed cabbage the easy way. I can't remember who was the grape leaf person-I know George likes to wear them-LOL.
Oh Wow! I think I snorted my Dr. Pepper through my nose!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Salisbury steak over smashed potatoes sounds good to me. Which frozen dinner is the best?

DOH! I forgot this is the recipe thread, I have make the fixuns myself. Okay, put steak in pan, add gravy mix with water, instant smashed potatoes, DONE!!!!

WOw, that was easy.

<< chorus of NO FAIR! That's Cheating! from the ladies>>
Whatever works for you hon, BUT - made from scratch will taste a lot better! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
I couldn't think of what kind of pie I wanted. I decided finally on a gold old apple pie I made a hybrid recipe, we will have to see if it comes out. Of course then I had to go and purchase a pie pan. I usually use the frozen stuff but last year I made this wonderful apple tart from scratch and saw Melissa from Next Food Network Star make this super simple pastry crust. I think my crust was a little wet but I am sure it will be fine. I have everything chilling in the refrigerator right now. I want the pastry dough to be nice and cold when I pop that sucker in the stove.
But what we wanna know is if you were wearing grape leaves while doing this??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink