Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 09:50 AM

590 posts, read 1,009,675 times

Advertisements

My favorite is Caprese. Sliced fresh mozzarella, sliced tomatoes, fresh basil leaves on top, salt, pepper, evoo and balsamic vinegar. It's a 5 minutes prep with zero cooking involved. We often do it in hot summer days and have it with a nice piece of bread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 09:54 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,793,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise in Fla View Post
Order take out and have the hubby pick it up!
Now I know why you're my hero!

Old 10-14-2009, 10:37 AM

737 posts, read 1,644,618 times
Actually i have a few of them with most meals being easy as possible.
(Cereal and milk), (eggs, toast, instant grits),( Fried egg sandwich). (Chili made with 2 cans beans 2 cans stewed tomatoes and a pack of chili mix. along with some fried up hamburger meat) of course good ole hot dogs. Instant Oatmeal

Most of my meals are easy tho I also buy alot of frozen meals to pop in the microwave. I do enjoy cooking but not enough people in the family to always do so plus different hours.

Every now and again I will go out of my way and prepare a nice homemade meal and as I read recipes I add here and there as I go along for quick easy meals.

The easiest easiest of all is ordering pizza or Chinese food.

Last edited by Starlady01; 10-14-2009 at 10:47 AM..

Old 10-14-2009, 12:30 PM

3,731 posts, read 5,731,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoItaly View Post
My favorite is Caprese. Sliced fresh mozzarella, sliced tomatoes, fresh basil leaves on top, salt, pepper, evoo and balsamic vinegar. It's a 5 minutes prep with zero cooking involved. We often do it in hot summer days and have it with a nice piece of bread.
Mi piace molto! Just tried it with big purple heirloom tomatoes (but with Raspberry vinegar). Couldn't be better. We've had this in restaurants, but never thought to make it at home. Thanks!

Old 10-14-2009, 12:51 PM

1,123 posts, read 5,319,672 times
Our lazy meal is cereal night. I can feed a family of 4 in less than 2 minutes.

Old 10-14-2009, 01:04 PM

2,543 posts, read 4,867,362 times
A frozen pizza in my freezer (just pop it in the oven for 20-30 minutes and eat).

Or some Rice A Roni, macaroni and cheese, and a glass of soymilk (a simple, meatless dinner that surely does fill me up).

Or just get a fast-food dinner. Doesn't matter what.

Old 10-15-2009, 04:40 PM

590 posts, read 1,009,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
Mi piace molto! Just tried it with big purple heirloom tomatoes (but with Raspberry vinegar). Couldn't be better. We've had this in restaurants, but never thought to make it at home. Thanks!
Bene, sono contento che ti piace - good, glad you like it.

For kick a variation would include roughly chopped black olives and capers, that's if you like them of course.
The fresh basil is to me the most important ingredient in this dish.

Buon appetito!

Old 10-15-2009, 05:57 PM

1,113 posts, read 3,486,685 times
Boil a bunch of egg noodles, drain, pour in a can of cream of chicken soup, add salt and pepper: enjoy.

Old 10-16-2009, 06:05 PM

20 posts, read 64,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoItaly View Post
Oh yes! If we don't want to turn on the stove, this our favorite meal. Also sometimes we just load up a big tray of all the ingredients and pour some oil and basalmic vinegar in a bowl and make sandwiches that we dip in the bowl.

Old 10-16-2009, 06:12 PM

2,543 posts, read 4,867,362 times
My laziest meals, when I don't feel like cooking:

1. Chili with fritos (Frito pie)
2. Rice A Roni and Macaroni n cheese (meatless dinner)
3. Frozen pizza (just pop it in the oven for 30 minutes).
4. Take out (anywhere).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink