Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 02:05 AM

114,841 posts, read 65,496,546 times

Advertisements

We are on aquifer water here. Of course I'm quite used to it and like it. Even though they're poisoning it with Fluoride now. Tasting water in surrounding towns or the gulf coast ...water tastes salty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2011, 06:42 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,360,867 times
Distilled water always tastes sweet to those who regularly drink water with minerals and chemicals.

Note that in the grocery they have distilled water (not spring water or filtered water) for your steam iron etc. Try it.

Old 12-12-2011, 03:46 PM

1 posts, read 32,792 times
Dehydration can cause water to taste sweet. The body may temporarily change perception of water to influence how much and how receptive you are to drinking more fluids.
Drink more fluids. A liter or two a day.

Take watch of your urine output. You should be urinating a couple times a day.
If the urine is dark, that CAN be a sign of dehydration (concentrated urine) -
if you urine white or clear and frequent that can be a sign of adequate urination.
Multiviatmins and foods like asparagus containing B vitamines will cause urine to go very yellow, so dark urine is not always indicative of dehydration.

Do not worry to much about the color as there are alot of variables. The Quantity of urine is more indicative of hydration. low urine output is more indicative of dehydration.

Pinch the skin and feel its turgor. If it peaks and settles slowly, thats a sign of dehydration. If it returns to normal quickly like an elastic thats a good sign.

Eat a few soda crackers or a few salted chips. to improve water retention.

If you have any kidney or or liver conditions go see your physician asap.

most important, do not worry but do not pass of worrying symptoms too lightly. seek information from a medical professional and be careful with info on the internet.

many medications change water balance. Diet is the most important part of hydration. Alcohol is dehydrating and so is heavily salted foods or caffienated beverages. As a lifestyle habit, Try and avoid drinking too much sugar pop as you dont want to over consume sugar.

AF (pharmacy Student, UBC)

Old 12-13-2011, 09:19 PM

4,468 posts, read 7,966,159 times
Our well water is "sweet".

Old 12-13-2011, 09:37 PM

23,073 posts, read 28,799,187 times
The tastiest, sweetest tap water I've ever drank came on my trips to New York City! If I could have, I would have brought back 10-gallon jugs of that water back to Las Vegas, and to conserve the supply, I'd only drink a half a glass a day! Yummy water!

Old 12-16-2011, 06:24 AM

1 posts, read 28,721 times
It depends on the water, some water is naturally a little sweet.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:02 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,290,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie3 View Post
I assume it has something to do with mineral content, but I have no idea. I drink regular tap water, but some times it tastes completely different than others - sweet, clean and delicious.

Anyone know?
You must be from New York City.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink