Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2009, 11:18 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times

Advertisements

LOL her stylist was written up in our local papers as she's from here. Now that's something I wouldn't brag about-we've mentioned that many times. Would love to know just how she's received 2 Emmys.

Her husband is pretty crude looking and riding the gravy train just like PD's sons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 11:19 AM

1,113 posts, read 3,494,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
LOL her stylist was written up in our local papers as she's from here. Now that's something I wouldn't brag about-we've mentioned that many times. Would love to know just how she's received 2 Emmys.

They certainly weren't for RR's haircut.

Old 10-27-2009, 11:33 AM

1,753 posts, read 4,250,504 times
I'm wonderin'..... if I smack that gawdawful Paula Deen around, d'ya think she can open her eyes any farther or is she already at the "notice ME! My big ol' blue eyes and my over-exaggerated accent" stage?
I can't stand to see her magazine covers or listen to her (and i'm FROM the South!) . When I worked merchandising a few years ago, there were several WalMarts on my route. I *hated* going there because they had clips of Miz Deen playing.

Old 10-27-2009, 12:06 PM

497 posts, read 1,176,517 times
I can't believe no one has mentioned Pat Neely's laugh. It's got that Chester the Molester quality to it. I want to slap him everytime he does it. Makes me feel creepy. Gina is just all around annoying with her "aren't I cute" smile and calling him "Daddy." The "Gimme some sugar" crap is so over done. I was shocked recently to read this is a second marriage for both and the eldest daughter is not Pat's. Not a thing in the world wrong with that and I'm truly glad they are a happy couple/family, but the "Forever honeymoon" thing is so played. Plus, Gina seems to like her cocktails a bit much. Anyone else notice that? Her and Sandra Lee seem to think none of us can eat a meal unless we have some libation.

I really like Ina Garten and would like to be her friend, but since I am female and it is evident Ina prefers the company of gay men, I guess that won't be happening soon. I think Jeffrey is cute like a little garden gnome.

I dislike intensely Emeril for all the reasons everyone has already stated.

Rachel Ray annoys me. Her pitbull looks cleaner than her husband.

Lidia is the best. I don't catch her often, but am always real tickled when I do.

Paula Deen...hate her if you want, but she has some amazing recipes. I've made several and they were all keepers. I don't mind the ya'lls, but could slap her everytime she says "Spatuler."

Not sure of her name. The Black gal with the big butt. I kinda like her. I like to see a cook who evidently eats her own cooking.

Giada evidently passed her pumpkin head onto her baby. How she passed that child through her skinny loins in beyond me.

I'm sorry, but I just love Guy Fieri. I really do. Even though his name isn't even close to being Fieri and I find that very pretentious, I still like him. I ate at one of the Dives he visited and they said he was a really nice guy and a major hoot. Kept them laughing all day long.

I miss the old timers...Yan Can Cook. Justin Wilson. I remember Justin's MUCH younger wife and the stories he'd tell. He'd talk about how he and a bunch of his pals would drive around in the pick up singing. He said he was always too drunk to sing, so he drove. You had to love Justin. Every recipe started with...Chop one big onyon.

Old 10-27-2009, 12:33 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Wow and the Neeley's pass themselves off a HS sweeties. You can tell the MIL does not care for Gina-who could? I agree with the smarmy laugh.

Old 10-27-2009, 01:29 PM

497 posts, read 1,176,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Wow and the Neeley's pass themselves off a HS sweeties. You can tell the MIL does not care for Gina-who could? I agree with the smarmy laugh.
I've got that vibe too! Gina's always talking about how her MIL adores her, but I sure don't see it.

Yeah, they talk of being high school sweetheart and they were, but both went their own way, married others, divorced and met up years later. They seem to skip that part when telling their never ending story of their love. I wondered why the older girl didn't look at all like Pat when the youngest looks exactly like him.

Never been, but I'm told on good authority that their restaurant is super good.

Old 10-27-2009, 01:46 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,190,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60'sGal View Post
I can't believe no one has mentioned Pat Neely's laugh. It's got that Chester the Molester quality to it ... ...You had to love Justin. Every recipe started with...Chop one big onyon.
Thank you for the most informative and funniest post of the day! Reps to you

Old 10-27-2009, 02:03 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,832,592 times
I remember Justin Wilson best for his comedy Albums I grew up listening to. Great story teller and very funny. Guy Fieri I knew would be a hit...pretty personable, outgoing, wild and crazy guy!!! Alton Brown is the master and rules Food Network. Emeril displays no talent for cooking. Rachel Ray now makes me nauseous ....Bring Jammie back more at least he was entertaining. Wolfgang Puck can cook! Bobby Flay eh hard to say ......not real swift. Can probably cook a few things he's very familiar with.

Old 10-28-2009, 07:27 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,026,063 times
Paula Deen- I made a cake of hers once and threw it out because it was so sweet it was gross. I want to beat her down for making me waste ingrediants. Plus she reminds me of my mil.

Rachel Ray- I want her bound and gagged and not in a good way.

Bobby Flay- He's such a whiney t*tty baby. Did you ever see how he lost on the original Iron Chef? He was really b*tchy about it. SLAP!

The Neely's- So annoying!

Andrew Zimmerman- Gross. I hope nobody kisses that man after what's been in his mouth. I don't care if it's the norm where he goes.

Sandra Lee- The woman uses cheese whiz in her recipes. Slap slap slap slap slap! Her stuff looks straight up nasty.

Emeril gets saved from slapping even though I have to mute his show because every recipe I make of his comes out wonderful. Same with Giada.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:00 PM

467 posts, read 713,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
We've had a few discussions about this local TV chef on the NC forums, Dan Eaton, he's terrible and his voice is like nails on a chalkboard. I'd hit him.
I had to stop, and quote this after page 6 though this is funny. I hate this guy so much, and none of his food even looks potable, it's terrible. Now I have another reason not to wake up to News 14. The news sucks, now add his voice, god I feel bad for his family.

Adam Richman is pretty entertaining on Travel Channel Man V. Food. I recommend it to the people who like big, bold food. It's like diners, drive-ins and dives, but with non-repetitiveness and just large foods everywhere. I like it. I'll slap everyone on food network 20 times please. Thanks. ;]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink