Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2009, 06:44 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally'smom View Post
Absolutely can't stand the Neely's. It's like they're still in high school, why do they think we want to be exposed to that! Did anyone else catch "What Would Brian Boitano (sp?) Make?" worst food network show ever? Don't know who thought giving him a cooking show just because he was an olympic skating medalist was a good idea.
Agreed. At that point, the entire network officially jumped the shark. Things have become pretty desperate when you have to get your ideas from South Park, and you are a freakin' cooking channel. Yikes.

I'm hoping that once they put the REAL cooking shows on Fine Living -assuming they are about REAL cooking-the ratings will shift over there and the owners will get the hint.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 11:48 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Oh no she didn't.

She made a sandwich using glazed donuts as the bread. It contains a burger, egg and bacon. I've seen it all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv8yEMRDe_w

Old 11-21-2009, 12:21 AM

Location: TX Hill Country-Helotes, Pipe Creek/Lake Hills & San Antonio, TX
844 posts, read 1,626,559 times
Martha Stewart for bashing my favorite Rachel Ray this week! No respect!

Old 11-21-2009, 10:07 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,553,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittykat13 View Post
Martha Stewart for bashing my favorite Rachel Ray this week! No respect!
Ohhh what happened? Off to google!

Old 11-21-2009, 04:19 PM

1,055 posts, read 4,459,152 times
Giada doesn't even cook half the time. One time I saw her making brownies and she told the viewers to buy a box mix and then add nuts to make them your own. Uhm, do I need someone to tell me how to do this. Then another time she froze fruit juice in ice cube trays for punch. Really? You get paid for thinking up these ideas and broadcasting them? She insults my intelligance....

Old 12-02-2009, 04:55 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,628,032 times
Bobby Flay, Martha Stewart, and Paula Deen.

Bobby's too much of an ass, Martha's a stuck up snob, and Paula is too fakey down home.

Old 12-02-2009, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadro77 View Post
*sigh* I miss Justin Wilson.
I guar-on-tee!

I miss him too.

Old 12-02-2009, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I looked it up. Paul Prudhomme is still alive! I wonder if he is still sitting on the office stool. His profile says he is credited with creating the Turducken.

**BIG Slap**

Oh! Here's his website! Sure enough, he's sitting down! Is it me or did he lose SOME weight?

Home - Chef Paul Prudhomme

I didn't think he was old enough to be around in the early 19th century!

The largest recorded nested bird roast is 17 birds, attributed to a royal feast in France in the early 19th century (originally called a Rôti Sans Pareil, or "Roast without equal") - a bustard stuffed with a turkey, a goose, a pheasant, a chicken, a duck, a guinea fowl, a teal, a woodcock, a partridge, a plover, a lapwing, a quail, a thrush, a lark, an Ortolan Bunting and a Garden Warbler.[4] The final bird is very small but large enough to hold just an olive; it also suggests that, unlike modern multi-bird roasts, there was no stuffing or other packing placed in between the birds. It appears illegal to make today as some of the species are endangered.

Ballotine (nested bird roasts) have been around for quite a while, and well before 1983 Paul....BIG SLAP!!!!!

Old 12-02-2009, 09:09 AM

53 posts, read 101,418 times
I'd love to punch Rachael Ray right in the babymaker.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:11 AM

1,075 posts, read 4,311,148 times
One that grated on my nerves was the woman who did a show with the gay guy .. around the lunch hr .. somebody jo .. maryjo? She used to drive me crazy .. drove me away from the show anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink