Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2012, 06:46 AM

2,186 posts, read 4,572,540 times

Advertisements

Strong and hot,with creamer (plain or French Vanilla or Irish Cream). If no creamer available, just black. I don't like sugar or substitute in it at all. It should be HOT, not lukewarm, not cold, not boiling hot either!!! That's a lot to ask when your eyes are barely open. Also, I replaced my old Mr. Coffee with an honest to God perculator and it is purely delightful!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2012, 07:27 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times
Percolator is actually my favorite, which makes purists cringe, but it's really the optimum temperature of coffee, for me. I despise automatic drip, and my French press makes a good cup, but it's not big enough for coffee in volume, and the bigger ones don't keep the coffee hot for long enough. So it's really only good for a single cup, for me, and I rarely drink just one cup.

Also, my percolator has curb appeal...it's shiny, chrome, and retro...looks cute in my kitchen and sounds cool and kitschy.

Old 07-09-2012, 07:45 AM

4,030 posts, read 10,762,350 times
I like it with sugar and either cream, or plain Coffeemate and it has to be hot. No flavored anything. Can't stand flavored coffees or creamers, especially hazelnut. Just the smell of that stuff grosses me out. And, I really prefer basic old Folgers. We've tried all kinds of expensive gourmet coffees, and we always just end up going back to Folgers.

Hubby likes his coffee black and room temp. or very close to it anyway.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:08 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,452,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Either black, or cream or half and half/no sugar.

No sweeteners in coffee, ever. And no nondairy creamers...if it's not real half & half or cream, I'll just drink it black.

I also don't like flavored beans.
This exactly.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:15 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Percolator is actually my favorite, which makes purists cringe, but it's really the optimum temperature of coffee, for me. I despise automatic drip, and my French press makes a good cup, but it's not big enough for coffee in volume, and the bigger ones don't keep the coffee hot for long enough. So it's really only good for a single cup, for me, and I rarely drink just one cup.

Also, my percolator has curb appeal...it's shiny, chrome, and retro...looks cute in my kitchen and sounds cool and kitschy.
My father being a retired electrical engineer and very frugal used his electric percolator (fixing it over and over) for maybe 30 years. A few years before he died he did replace it with a Mr Coffee.. I agree with you perced is the best. As for the french press, our younger daughter loves hers, but we think the coffee is a little too strong and yes, they don't make enough.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:17 AM

20,935 posts, read 28,414,875 times
I use the keurig and I like mine with lowfat milk and sweet N Low. I guess I am in the minority here because alot of you guys use that sweet flavored creamer and sugar. My favorite is Newman's own extra bold or donut shop. I like a bold flavored coffee but not too strong like an espresso. I take my coffee the same way every day whether it's morning , noon or night. I am not a fan of flavored coffee, I used to like coffee mate cinnamon hazelnut creamer but now I am not so crazy about it. However I will use the non dairy creamers if I am at someone else's house and that's all they have. I have a friend who uses heavy cream in his coffee, that's too rich for me.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:23 AM

1,072 posts, read 1,377,530 times
Strong with a little cream.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:20 AM

681 posts, read 2,359,516 times
Morning: Strong, fresh-ground and brewed in a french press. A dash of real cream - don't like my coffee pale, just enough to bring it to the color of milk chocolate. A little bit of liquid stevia (blaspheme! lol). Flavors in the a.m. make me grumpy.

Afternoon: Strong to medium, fresh-ground and perked in a Farberware percolator. A little real cream and again, a little bit of liquid Stevia or if doing a flavor, subbing the stevia with a shot of Almond Roca coffee syrup.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:55 AM

6,489 posts, read 8,812,030 times
Dark Magic Extra Bold k-cup w/1 tsp. sugar and 1 T. half and half. Or, just black is fine. I loved the Dark Chocolate creamer I used to buy, but they discontinued it.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:20 AM

4,009 posts, read 6,863,586 times
DH always takes his black. I sometimes take mine black, other times with a dash of Vanilla Soy Creamer.

I've been going through a Tea phase as opposed to coffee lately though. (Hot Earl Grey Tea with Lemon in the morning! Yummy!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink