Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 07:42 PM

3,563 posts, read 5,377,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by STB93 View Post
I would like to know from you guys. What Asian food would you have to say is your favorite? What do you like and what do you hope to eat?
I try it in every restaurant I go to as the standard against which their other dishes are judged.
Or salt Dungeness crab. Or hot peanut sauce...........there are thousands of Asian dishes and
most of them are actually good for you..........as long as there is no MSG.

In Vancouver, BC Asian restaruants are incredibly competitive and most don NOT DARE USE MSG.
Yummy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2014, 07:49 PM

2,061 posts, read 4,135,306 times
as much as I hate to say it favorite Asian foods would be Pancit Canton and Lumpia made by my ex.
(phillipina) What I actually miss the most.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:06 PM

200 posts, read 454,044 times
Thai is the best! I could live on Jungle Evil Prince, Pra Ram Chicken and Chicken Satay.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:14 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,653,459 times
Fried anything, but especially fried rice. Gotta have fried rice with everything.

Old 08-04-2014, 09:17 PM

2,966 posts, read 5,217,774 times
Number 26 at my local Vietnamese place.

I am a huge fan of fresh Asian food; unfortunately the names are always lost in translation for me...

Its basically a big bowl of thin rice noodles smothered in 2 types of marinated and peanut shredded pork, a petite spring roll cut into small pieces, a huge handful of fresh various herbs from their garden, and various greens mixed with raw sprouts and a sweet chili garlic sauce on the side. All of the flavours blend beautifully.

Absolutely gourmet.

Old 08-05-2014, 04:45 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
wow, this is a really hard one, It would be easier for me to list what Asian food I do not like: I guess when I really think about it; when in Honk Kong we had a lot of Peking Duck; loved it. Also Congi (spelling) but here in America, you don't see either too often. Here, I guess my favorite is lettuce wraps, though I don't really think that is an authentic Asian dish and anything with good peanut sauce. One think I have noticed in the past few years, a lot of Asian foods do not use snow peas anymore. As a child, in Los Angeles, every Asian restaurant used snow peas.

Old 08-05-2014, 05:39 AM

48,132 posts, read 22,004,457 times
I love Japanese cuisine.....no particular favorite. I also like what I have had of Korean food......and would like to have more of it.

Old 08-05-2014, 06:00 AM

1,022 posts, read 1,973,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmachina View Post
Number 26 at my local Vietnamese place.

I am a huge fan of fresh Asian food; unfortunately the names are always lost in translation for me...

Its basically a big bowl of thin rice noodles smothered in 2 types of marinated and peanut shredded pork, a petite spring roll cut into small pieces, a huge handful of fresh various herbs from their garden, and various greens mixed with raw sprouts and a sweet chili garlic sauce on the side. All of the flavours blend beautifully.

Absolutely gourmet.
That's called Bun Thit Nuong Cha Gio
Vermicelli rice noodle with charbroiled pork strip and egg rolls.

I absolutely love Thai food and Japanese foods. But lately going to sushi bars kills the wallet.

I am tired of looking at Chinese food. It's saucy and not healthy at all. But I did have chinese BBQ over the weekend.

Korean food s ok. Unless its the BBQ! Also their fried chicken is awesome too.

Love Vietnamese food, pho three times a week for sure.

To the person that mentioned Peking duck in Hong Kong.. Last time I went, my buddy was born and raised In HK. He said, They don't serve Peking duck. What they do serve are goose.

I don't know if that still hold true...

Old 08-05-2014, 07:45 AM

800 posts, read 1,297,360 times
Xio Long Bao or soup dumplings are my favorite

Old 08-05-2014, 08:36 AM

172 posts, read 255,274 times
I love Vietnamese and Thai foods. My favorites are bahn xeo, vietnamese summer rolls, and com thit nuong
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink