Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 05:31 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,056,554 times

Advertisements

I've more or less written the Hershey company off due to their continued outsourcing of american jobs to Mexico. I still eat some of their candy bars when I can, I just don't buy any. Almond Joys and Special Dark and Reese's Dark are my three favorites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 05:35 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,303,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I've more or less written the Hershey company off due to their continued outsourcing of american jobs to Mexico. I still eat some of their candy bars when I can, I just don't buy any. Almond Joys and Special Dark and Reese's Dark are my three favorites.
I did not know that! So many companies have done it in recent times.

Old 02-04-2010, 06:37 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,238,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Really? Bummer!!

Hope they never do it/that to our beloved Hershey bar!!!!!!!
I found some articles on it for you to read.

Pop Culture Kitty » Hershey’s Now Using Fake Chocolate

Hershey Responds: Consumers Love Our New Fake Chocolate! - The Consumerist

Fake Chocolate?

Old 02-04-2010, 09:34 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times
When I moved to Canada, I found out how ordinary Hersheys really are. After eating Cadbury's and Neilsons, I didn't miss Hershey a bit. But that was a long time ago, and the Canadian brands have been taken over by multinationals and aren't so good anymore.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:23 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,303,705 times
Thanks for the information, LVD!

Old 02-05-2010, 12:39 PM

2,002 posts, read 4,583,894 times
hershey's bar cookies and cream it's the only one I like.

Old 02-06-2010, 11:38 AM

4,468 posts, read 8,002,068 times
I just happen to have a Hershey's 4.25 oz wrapper on my desk as I am in the process of writting them re their picture of "Whole Almonds" on the front and the bar is a Milk chocolate with Almonds.
BUT, the bar only contains small bits/pieces of almonds?? Not to long ago they did put "whole" almonds in the bars...
The wrapper should now say..."Almond Pieces" as that is what you get...

Stay tuned.,

HW

Old 02-06-2010, 07:58 PM

426 posts, read 1,282,601 times
Default Hersheys

I no longer buy any Hershey products. One becuase they are made in Mexico, two they do not taste the same. Now I am reading they are using imitation Chocolate and almond pieces. What else can they substitute on?
I will not contribute to their profitting on selling an inferior product. If everyone stopped buying them maybe they would get the message.
I stopped buying the last time I purchased one of their York peppermints. They were awful, they were so sweet it made me sick. I believe those arewhat is being made in Mexico.
I also no longer buy Hostess chocolate cupcakes. They taste like they are made out of sponge. Ever since they stopped packaging them in the cellophane wrap, and replaced it with those plastic packages they suck.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:25 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,046,326 times
I'm not a fan of Hershey, either. It started out as a great company who contributed great things to its community and cared well for its employees. Those days seem to be gone.

I also don't feel that their products are high quality. It's junk food pseudo-"chocolate", really. It doesn't even taste like chocolate.

When I want chocolate, I go for the good stuff - the darker the better. The kind of stuff that crunches a bit when you first bite into it, then melts slowly on your tongue. Where I live we have a few local chocolate companies who make some really amazing stuff. Bacon Chocolate Bars, I think, started here... or maybe Portland? I like to support small local companies - especially when they produce high-quality products! Yum.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:04 PM

426 posts, read 1,282,601 times
Hersheys wanted to buy Cadbury. Did'nt Kraft get them? I've bought the Cadburys here in the US and I don't think they are that good.
Everyone should deluge Hersheys with E-mails and letters protesting their practices, and then boycot their products.The last time I bought a bag of York peppermints, I threw them away. They were so sweet I could not eat them. They were also stale. How can you make chocolate in such a hot place like Mexico.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink