Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 01:31 PM

17,349 posts, read 16,480,193 times

Advertisements

I love broiled lobster tail. This year we'll have steak (already have them in our freezer) and broiled lobster tail (still need to pick up), baked potatoes, salad. I'm not sure about dessert, yet. Something with rich, dark chocolate would be good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2011, 01:36 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,538,654 times
We're not together on Valentine's Day (he's 1,000 miles away for a work training for 14 days, and Monday is the halfway point). So we're doing a nice dinner when he's back.

I'm thinking of making polenta topped with grilled sausage (I'm liking a garlic-portobello sausage, lately) and marinara, and a red velvet cake. I discovered a New Zealand pinot noir than I think he'll like, too.

Old 02-12-2011, 04:06 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,435,269 times
Lobster for those of us who like it seem the popular choice this year, me to it is going to be the big guys, get them when they are on sale, otherwise they are expensive as we all know it.

Someone i know who works in a very facny restaurant gave me a receipe for Lobster, i believe is so dang good and once again so easy, you do have to marinate the lobsters before grilling or baking.

Again here we go with the

olive oil
melted margarine or alternative
lemon juice
splash of white wine
seasonings of choice
then sprinkle with parmesan and bread crumbs. You could also put a bit of soy sauce i was told,

Did not believe it till these things came off the grill, they were very very good, the parmesan and the bread crumbs, made them very tasty.

Cheesy mash potatoes, stuff mushrooms, with the leftover crab and cream cheese from the other night. Corn pudding, salad, Rolls with cream cheese, crumbled bacon, and spinich.

Have to do the scampi to, got to get the pasta in here always.

No cheesecake for valentine's i am making a heart shape Double Chocolate Cake with red icing, and heart shape sprinkles. I love lobster.

Manga Manga everyone and Happy Valentine's!

Old 02-12-2011, 06:12 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,435,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Lobster for those of us who like it seem the popular choice this year, me to it is going to be the big guys, get them when they are on sale, otherwise they are expensive as we all know it.

Someone i know who works in a very facny restaurant gave me a receipe for Lobster, i believe is so dang good and once again so easy, you do have to marinate the lobsters before grilling or baking.

Again here we go with the

olive oil
melted margarine or alternative
lemon juice
splash of white wine
seasonings of choice
then sprinkle with parmesan and bread crumbs. You could also put a bit of soy sauce i was told,

Did not believe it till these things came off the grill, they were very very good, the parmesan and the bread crumbs, made them very tasty.

Cheesy mash potatoes, stuff mushrooms, with the leftover crab and cream cheese from the other night. Corn pudding, salad, Rolls with cream cheese, crumbled bacon, and spinich.

Have to do the scampi to, got to get the pasta in here always.

No cheesecake for valentine's i am making a heart shape Double Chocolate Cake with red icing, and heart shape sprinkles. I love lobster.

Manga Manga everyone and Happy Valentine's!
He did not give me measurements said a pinch of this a pinch of that. So i wing it.

Old 02-13-2011, 11:04 AM

17,349 posts, read 16,480,193 times
That lobster recipe sounds really, really good, California-jewel. We just might have to try that...

Old 02-13-2011, 11:38 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,538,654 times
I noticed in my local supermarket last night, a BIG tank of lobsters that is not usually there, just for the occasion! It was pretty much mobbed, too. I wanted to waggle my fingers at the little dudes, moving around in there with their claws all banded..."Buh-bye, buddies!"

Just kidding...I'm not anti-lobster in any regard. When we closed on our home (our first!) S.O.'s east coast grandparents sent us a couple of live Maine lobsters as a housewarming...they arrived overnight, packed in dry ice, and it was the first thing we cooked in our house! I'd never cooked lobster before, but my BF, who is east coast and grew up at Maine summer camps, knew the drill. We did the boil 'em in a stockpot thing. The dog was a little perturbed at these alien-looking creatures smacking their tails in the sink, while they awaited the pot.

They were good, but a lot of work to get out what's kind of an insignificant amount of meat, IMO. The whole ritual was fun, though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink