Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What's your favorite burger restaurant?
McDonald's 4 4.00%
Burger King 9 9.00%
Wendy's 13 13.00%
Smash burger 2 2.00%
Stake 'n Shake 3 3.00%
IN-N-Out (Southwestern states) 21 21.00%
Five Guys 16 16.00%
Shake Shack 1 1.00%
Other 31 31.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 04:12 AM

1,741 posts, read 2,628,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellpaso View Post
Just realized I forgot the chili-cheeseburgers from Weiner Schnitzel!
There is a small, local chain in New Mexico called Julian's Burgers n More that does great chili-cheese burgers. They do them in both red and green varieties. The red is my favorite as it's hotter, but the green is very good as well. They also make chili-cheese fries and chili-cheese dogs with the same sauces.

Growing up I loved Wienerschnitzel for all of those things too, but I think the ones from Burgers n More are better. The ones from Wienerschnitzel taste like Wolf Brand chili whereas the ones from Burgers n More taste more like traditional New Mexican chile sauces. I love Wolf Brand chili, BTW, so there is nothing disparaging meant by my remark, I'm just pointing out the differences in flavor.

Another kind of hamburger that I love is found here in New Mexico at one place that I know of. It's a little hole-in-the-wall restaurant called El Taco Riendo. There, they make hamburgers that come with the meat patty as well as two sliced, fried wienies, bacon, jalapenos, avocado and mayonnaise as well as lettuce and tomato. The whole combination is outstanding. My mom says that's how they make their hamburgers in Juarez, Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2013, 04:19 AM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Whataburger

Old 08-15-2013, 09:41 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,952,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQalex View Post
There is a small, local chain in New Mexico called Julian's Burgers n More that does great chili-cheese burgers. They do them in both red and green varieties. The red is my favorite as it's hotter, but the green is very good as well. They also make chili-cheese fries and chili-cheese dogs with the same sauces.

Growing up I loved Wienerschnitzel for all of those things too, but I think the ones from Burgers n More are better. The ones from Wienerschnitzel taste like Wolf Brand chili whereas the ones from Burgers n More taste more like traditional New Mexican chile sauces. I love Wolf Brand chili, BTW, so there is nothing disparaging meant by my remark, I'm just pointing out the differences in flavor.

Another kind of hamburger that I love is found here in New Mexico at one place that I know of. It's a little hole-in-the-wall restaurant called El Taco Riendo. There, they make hamburgers that come with the meat patty as well as two sliced, fried wienies, bacon, jalapenos, avocado and mayonnaise as well as lettuce and tomato. The whole combination is outstanding. My mom says that's how they make their hamburgers in Juarez, Mexico.
I'm from EP, so know of what you speak! so you know that my favorite is a green chile cheeseburger! Where I now live, I have to make those at home!

Old 08-16-2013, 08:29 AM

1,244 posts, read 1,295,743 times
Wendy's or Sonic. There's a nice little Wendy's a few blocks from my place and if I'm in a hurry and can't make dinner, I'll eat there. The food is actually pretty decent. Sonic has very good burgers, but there are no Sonic's near me so I can only eat there when I'm traveling.

My absolute favorite is a place called Red Mill. It's a local restaurant, and the burgers are extremely good.

Old 08-16-2013, 08:39 AM

471 posts, read 977,430 times
All the Wendy's I have been to do not allow customers to get refills unless you stand at the counter and try to interrupt the employees who are running around doing other things. And you have to endure the glares from customers who are still waiting for their food and feel your interruption will make them wait longer. I have made fast food decisions based on this policy, and when it was really hot, I go elsewhere because of it.

I really like the White Castle chain...yes I know they put 5 holes in the middle of the burger to supposedly improve taste ( it is really about saving beef, the same reason Burger King cuts the edges off their dollar burgers) but White Castle has those great buns and that dusseldorf mustard! And 67 cents each isn't bad either!

Here in New Mexico, the Sonic breakfast burritos are great too!

Old 08-16-2013, 09:24 AM

4,030 posts, read 10,764,526 times
I've noticed several people mentioning Sonic. It's funny, never even think about going there and because they are based here in OKC, they are on every street corner. I think they just blend into the background and I don't even notice them.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:31 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,410,406 times
if i have to eat fast food, a bacon ultimate cheeseburger does the trick

Old 08-16-2013, 09:53 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,474,340 times
I love the BK Whopper! My second choice would have been Five Guys though. Now I want a Whopper.

Old 08-16-2013, 01:25 PM

322 posts, read 584,759 times
Wow. In Miami we only have McDonalds, Burger King, and Wendy's. Now that I live outside South Florida, I realize how many WAY better restaurants there are.

Old 08-16-2013, 04:04 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,492,874 times
Of the large chains that are in my market, I think Carls Jr Six Dollar Burgers are best. But a local chain, Bad Boy, is the best of all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink