Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you like Thick or Thin crust pizza?
Thin. 47 53.41%
Thick. 25 28.41%
Either one is okay with me. 16 18.18%
I don't eat pizza. 0 0%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 04:09 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,196,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc76 View Post
Fruit has no place on pizza.

Also, I love sauteed garlic and olive oil and about half the sauce. Add in some Katamala Olives and a good grade of italian sausage with some crushed tomato and you have yourself one tasty pie!

I do not eat chain pizza either. Dis-gusting!

The Pizza Nazi has spoken
Hate to correct ya, but..
it would be kinda wierd to have a pizza without fruit- that automatically DQs olives, peppers, tomato, and olives.

That said, I voted for both- there are days when I REALLY have the munchies and want something more filling, and there are days when I want something a bit less substantial.

My favorite topping would have to be the ones made at my house- green chile, mozzarella, marinara, black olive, bell pepper, mushroom, and ham. Add on a little crushed red pepper and it's freakin awesome with a cold beer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 07:07 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,780,553 times
I prefer thin, NY style pizza. However, I do enjoy a "Sicilian" slice from time to time which is thicker, yet still better than the deep dish Chicago style pizza.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:33 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I prefer thin, NY style pizza. However, I do enjoy a "Sicilian" slice from time to time which is thicker, yet still better than the deep dish Chicago style pizza.
I agree, and I recently made a "Sicilian" type pizza with a moderately thick-but-soft crust and delicious ground meat topping - my hubby raved about it!

Old 03-12-2010, 01:35 PM

1,439 posts, read 2,920,088 times
I'm originally from Chicago, but I could never stand deep dish pizza. I don't like thick crust either. I much prefer the wafer thin pizza, which is common in the Chicago area. It's so thin you could practically see through it, and its not greasy like a NY pizza.

Toppings would have to be sausage, pepperoni, and green peppers.

Old 03-12-2010, 05:43 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times
thick!!! hold the anchovies..

Old 03-12-2010, 08:11 PM

3,459 posts, read 5,793,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Col.W.Deering View Post
I'm originally from Chicago, but I could never stand deep dish pizza. I don't like thick crust either. I much prefer the wafer thin pizza, which is common in the Chicago area. It's so thin you could practically see through it, and its not greasy like a NY pizza.
One time I volunteered for a work trip to Chicago that nobody really wanted to take, and the boss thought I was just being a good employee. I didn't bother to tell him that the only reason I was going was that I was craving a pizza...and a hot dog....and crab cakes at Navy Pier....and a pork chop at Ditkas...

I've also been known to schedule connecting flights through Albuquerque for a bowl of green chile.

Last edited by sterlinggirl; 03-12-2010 at 08:22 PM..

Old 03-13-2010, 03:44 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,196,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
One time I volunteered for a work trip to Chicago that nobody really wanted to take, and the boss thought I was just being a good employee. I didn't bother to tell him that the only reason I was going was that I was craving a pizza...and a hot dog....and crab cakes at Navy Pier....and a pork chop at Ditkas...

I've also been known to schedule connecting flights through Albuquerque for a bowl of green chile.
I homemade green chile stew a few months back, came out near-perfect the first time I made it. No written recipe, just made it based on what I knew was in there. yummmm <3

New Mexican reporting in.

Old 03-13-2010, 08:28 PM

3,037 posts, read 5,929,428 times
Thin style crust for me please.

I dont know about anyone else but I'm tending towards the KISS formula for toppings. (Keep It Simple Stupid). I don't really go for the ***-milk cheese pizza with organically grown Mykonos Olives and Wagyu Beef strips marinated in Swedish rhubarb vinegar...ok, I made that up but sometimes I just long for a really simple but tasty pepperoni, cheese, 'shrooms, olives, onion and chicken topping. Of course you can get that, but a few menus in my neighborhood have been somewhat taken over by the gourmet brigade. Or maybe I'm just not sophistimucated enough no more.

Old 03-17-2010, 02:20 PM

1,419 posts, read 2,455,160 times
Thin crust with some olive oil and garlic brushed on it with lots of marinara sauce, mushrooms, onions, black olives, feta, fresh basil/oregano, smoked paprika, and turkey sausage.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:32 PM

1,053 posts, read 3,368,188 times
I'm a sucker for deep dish like Giordano's... mmm mmm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink