Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 03:59 PM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times

Advertisements

I think I hate them, but after watching the show, I might try them again. It's like golf...so many people seem to like it that I need to try it every so often to make sure I still hate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2010, 04:09 PM

1,035 posts, read 1,709,749 times
I have always wanted to try them but there are none in Oregon. But I hate onions and I am not sure them make them without cooking them in onions.

Old 03-02-2010, 04:30 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,391,518 times
I've never lived near White Castle, but Krystal's is the same concept. But... nuf sed.

Old 03-03-2010, 06:20 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,391,518 times
Okay, I tried Krystal's today because of this thread. On a scale of 1-10 I give the sliders a 5 at most. Maybe 6 if they don't make me sick.

Why the 5? Meat, pickle and onion was okay. The bottom bun was mushy. Maybe they rest the meat on the bun before serving? If so, that's not good.

The fries were good though. Nice quality and well drained, unlike the greasy one's some places serve.

The Coke? Ten out of ten!

Old 03-03-2010, 11:31 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,546,473 times
I miss White Castle. Great munchies after a night of partying, back when I was a dancin' fool. I'll buy them from the frozen food section once or twice a year for a fix. Krystal burgers are not much different.

Old 03-05-2010, 08:15 AM

32,937 posts, read 36,359,395 times
I didn't grow up with them, but I moved into White Castle territory. I never paid much attention because there wasn't one near my house. One day it dawned on me that my son had never eaten a slider. What kind of a parent... Road trip! -He hated the road trips because sometimes I'd trick him into going to a museum or historic site.-

It was great. The place was busy. We ordered some of this, some of that and some extra sliders to go. They were OK, not bad; at least they weren't grey. The second time we went we left with the Crave Case.

I always thought that a WC would open in Cherry Hill, NJ.

Old 03-05-2010, 11:58 AM

2,189 posts, read 7,701,834 times
I saw either on the food network or travel channel that the patties holes only have one purpose, to speed up cooking.

I've tried to like them but I can't stand them.

I think the show is a complete joke. Great concept just doesn't really make a difference. I'll evaluate under most likely false impression that everything is really reality. The CEO of white castle destroyed on the plastic wrapping bun machine, almost 5000 buns? Wouldn't the solution to be to buy a better bun wrapping machine? Also the front line supervisor wasn't helping the employee with the frozen food burgers. First, completely inefficient machine with too much room for error. I say again, invest in a better machine. However, it's the supervisors superior's job to determine the level the assistance the supervisor should provide the employee. I'm sure the show is somewhat staged, just don't know if it's 1% staged or 80% staged...

Old 03-05-2010, 12:53 PM

1,439 posts, read 2,920,337 times
Ahh White Castle sliders...."They're so nice, you taste them twice." They were always open around midnight for those late night drunken cravings.

Sliders are tasty, with the spicy mustard, pickles and onions all steaming together. Miss having a White Castle around. The frozen sliders don't taste the same at all and the only thing Krystal burgers have in common with White Castle sliders is the size of the burger. Krystal burgers are for the puke.

Old 03-05-2010, 05:38 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Col.W.Deering View Post
Ahh White Castle sliders...."They're so nice, you taste them twice." They were always open around midnight for those late night drunken cravings.

Sliders are tasty, with the spicy mustard, pickles and onions all steaming together. Miss having a White Castle around. The frozen sliders don't taste the same at all and the only thing Krystal burgers have in common with White Castle sliders is the size of the burger. Krystal burgers are for the puke.
Isn't it weird the way things taste so good after drinking half the night.....but taste like crap when you are totally sober?

Old 03-05-2010, 05:40 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJagMan View Post

I think the show is a complete joke. Great concept just doesn't really make a difference. I'll evaluate under most likely false impression that everything is really reality. The CEO of white castle destroyed on the plastic wrapping bun machine, almost 5000 buns? Wouldn't the solution to be to buy a better bun wrapping machine? Also the front line supervisor wasn't helping the employee with the frozen food burgers. First, completely inefficient machine with too much room for error. I say again, invest in a better machine. However, it's the supervisors superior's job to determine the level the assistance the supervisor should provide the employee. I'm sure the show is somewhat staged, just don't know if it's 1% staged or 80% staged...

I wondered how they pulled off why the 'new guy' is hanging out with a cameraman on the job. Kind of a red flag....don't ya think? So, I'm with you. I don't see how there isn't some staging to the show. I still like it though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink