Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 06:17 AM

2,189 posts, read 7,701,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I wondered how they pulled off why the 'new guy' is hanging out with a cameraman on the job. Kind of a red flag....don't ya think? So, I'm with you. I don't see how there isn't some staging to the show. I still like it though.
I agree and will still watch. I think they could get away with it camera thing, most episode say they tell them it's an entry level job show. However because of the camera, people will be on better than normal behavior. I understand the show is purely about ratings for the network and "free" advertising for the company. However, if they wanted the real scope, they need to send in someone undercover with a HIDDEN camera for about a month to see what really goes on. Also remember that everyone including the customers have to sign a release to be on camera.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2010, 06:51 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Isn't it weird the way things taste so good after drinking half the night.....but taste like crap when you are totally sober?
That's Del Taco's reason for existence right there!

Old 03-06-2010, 11:16 AM

16,393 posts, read 30,282,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Okay, I tried Krystal's today because of this thread. On a scale of 1-10 I give the sliders a 5 at most. Maybe 6 if they don't make me sick.

Why the 5? Meat, pickle and onion was okay. The bottom bun was mushy. Maybe they rest the meat on the bun before serving? If so, that's not good.

The fries were good though. Nice quality and well drained, unlike the greasy one's some places serve.

The Coke? Ten out of ten!
Agree with you. Everytime that I order from Krystal's in Nashville, the buns are soggy. Also, they always put too much ketchup and mustard on a small burger.

Old 03-06-2010, 01:18 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,190,090 times
Around Washington DC it was Little Tavern "By 'em by the bag"

Old 03-06-2010, 01:53 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,457 times
ACK! White Castle here...I used to go when I didn't reside here lol but now I never go!! Greasy little square burgers.................and lots of heartburn afterwards!!!!!

More like Sand Castles on the way out!!!!!!!!!!!!!ROFL!

Quote:
Around Washington DC it was Little Tavern "By 'em by the bag"
Quiet: Around here it's by the "sack"! or Crave Case! if you want 30 or 40! ugh!!!!!!!

Old 03-14-2010, 04:18 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,972,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newdaawn View Post
I watched the Undercover Boss show about White Castle and can't believe how really gross those things looked. I am amazed that people buy them. I can't imagine a burger with bun being frozen and reheated would be appetizing.
Yeah, I really dig them freshly made.
It's a unique experience.

Old 03-14-2010, 04:35 PM

Quote:
I wondered how they pulled off why the 'new guy' is hanging out with a cameraman on the job. Kind of a red flag....don't ya think? So, I'm with you. I don't see how there isn't some staging to the show. I still like it though.
Yeah. I have never worked in a place with so many happy-smiley people. I think most people think "sumtin's up" when the new guy comes in with a camera crew, so, to be on the safe side, they smile.

I think the experienced workers know how to handle the machinery. It just takes getting used to.

I had to laugh at the Undercover Boss show of the trash management company. There was a female trash collector taking around the boss/newrecruit. They stopped at one house to pick up the trash and the resident had what sounded like a memorized speech lauding the trash collector. Thanks, mom.

The bosses are deluded if they think they can tell their top managers about the undercover operations and that the information would not be passed down to some of their employees. I doubt if the White Castle employees knew they were dealing with their CEO, but I will bet some in all the other segments knew, and you can pick them out if you try.

I don't think the black guy who was manually picking trash off the hill was 'in the loop', but the women who was doing multiple jobs and was the sole support of various family members who were all living under her roof - and who just happened to invite the newhire/boss home for a meal so she could expand upon her little sob story - I will bet my boots that she knew who she was talking to.

Old 03-15-2010, 08:59 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,641,468 times
Some people can take the show at face value and enjoy it for what it is, and some people like to pretend to be know-it-alls and pick everything apart to show everyone how smart they are, when they are really just jerks..!.
It's a fun, very highly rated show.

Old 03-16-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
Some people can take the show at face value and enjoy it for what it is, and some people like to pretend to be know-it-alls and pick everything apart to show everyone how smart they are, when they are really just jerks..!.
It's a fun, very highly rated show.
There's nothing 'jerky' with having fun AND facing reality at the same time.
When I found out that reality shows are most often at least partially scripted it did not ruin the shows for me. More information generally enhances one's experience throughout life.

More knowledge should never be a bad thing in any pursuit in life, in fact, that is how some people have their fun, using their God given intellect to try to figure things out, to query for the reasons behind their observations. After all, it is supposed to be our superior brains that separate us from the other animals. If you don't use it, you lose it.

As someone else suggested, I would like real hidden cameras involved rather than the crew following the person around.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:23 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,461,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racelady88 View Post
Oh, Man! I remember getting the "sack" for $1! I miss White Castle.
That goes back some years! I miss the 'sack' too. Nothing like downing a sack at 2 a.m. after a night of drinking...LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink