Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 07:49 AM

897 posts, read 1,684,608 times

Advertisements

I love a good egg sandwich for breakfast
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 08:03 AM

259,023 posts, read 90,400,927 times
I've been known to hack it. Does melting cheese inside a bagel count.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:11 AM

2,111 posts, read 7,941,748 times
I make my own. I'm the only one that eats breakfast so I cook a pound of bacon and freeze it in a baggie. When I want a breakfast sandwich, I take out 2 strips of bacon, always have american cheese and whatever bread I have (roll, muffin, toast)and cook the eggs, fried or scrambled.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:25 AM

2,788 posts, read 7,998,544 times
I make English muffin, egg, cheese and sausage sandwiches for my husband to take when he travels.

Old 05-13-2010, 09:12 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,384,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
I make the sandwiches, as well as breakfast pizzas. I open the English muffins on a baking sheet and lightly toast in the oven so not so porous... also make up a pan of scrambled eggs, and a pan of sausage gravy either plain or with the diced onions, peppers. To assemble put a 'splot of scramble egg' (more sprinkled like a topping) on the muffin, top with gravy, if I didn't do the onions and peppers in the gravy, I will put some on now and maybe some crumbled crispy bacon, then shredded cheese. I bake until cheese is melted and gravy kind of bubbling. We eat what gets eaten at the time and put the baking sheet in the freezer for an hour or so to set up, then put in baggies to grab and heat later in the week

WOW ~~ Yummy. I'm coming to your house for breakfast!!!

Old 05-13-2010, 10:05 AM

2,111 posts, read 7,941,748 times
Sometimes McD's has a special on breakfast sandwiches so I might dine out!!!!

Old 05-13-2010, 10:49 AM

1,335 posts, read 3,144,692 times
Everything Bagel
Fried Egg with broken yolk, cooked medium to well
Cheese (usually Provolone or Swiss)
Bacon (cooks easily in microwave while the bagel toasts) or other breakfast meat.

On the egg, I crack it in the hot pan, and use a knife (or the jagged edge of the shell) to just slightly break the yolk, maybe a swirl or two. I sprinkle it with Paprika and (home grown/home-made) Habenero Powder. A dash of salt if I skip the bacon.

Dr. Just put me on a low GI diet, so these are a rarety now. I can still do it if I'm feuling up for a 60+ mile bike ride though....

We call it the Bagelicious (credit to Boone Bagelry in Boone, NC for the name. Go ASU Mountaineers!!!)

Old 05-13-2010, 01:03 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,673,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
McDonalds started the Egg McMuffin, a sort of a knock off of eggs Benedict without the hollandaise.

Now you can buy sausage biscuits and other things in the grocery store.

Biscuits, croissants - a couple of the foundations.

Sausage, ham, bacon - some of the meats.

Cheeses - which ones

Anything you do differently we should know about?

my roomate uses this stuff called Taylor Pork Roll for breakfast sandwiches. it is apparently very popular in New Jersey and Philly. it is like a cross between bacon and sausage. he can't cook anything else, but he makes an impeccable breakfast sandwich. just american cheese, pork roll, fried eggs, on an english muffin.

unhealthy as hell but sooo good.

Old 05-14-2010, 01:58 AM

436 posts, read 952,749 times
Fried egg over easy, Taylor (or Hatfield) Pork Roll, American Cheese on a kaiser roll.

Old 05-14-2010, 04:56 AM

1,335 posts, read 3,144,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmateo View Post
Everything Bagel
Fried Egg with broken yolk, cooked medium to well
Cheese (usually Provolone or Swiss)
Bacon (cooks easily in microwave while the bagel toasts) or other breakfast meat.

On the egg, I crack it in the hot pan, and use a knife (or the jagged edge of the shell) to just slightly break the yolk, maybe a swirl or two. I sprinkle it with Paprika and (home grown/home-made) Habenero Powder. A dash of salt if I skip the bacon.

Dr. Just put me on a low GI diet, so these are a rarety now. I can still do it if I'm feuling up for a 60+ mile bike ride though....

We call it the Bagelicious (credit to Boone Bagelry in Boone, NC for the name. Go ASU Mountaineers!!!)
I just made this variation, which was STELLAR:

Used Sourdough Toast (lightly toasted)
1 egg as described above
bacon (in the microwave, as it's nice and flat)
Pepper Jack Cheese
Habanero powder, no salt

And here is the kicker:
on one side of the sandwich, I put on a very small amount of Real Mayonaise (Dukes would have been ideal, but we had Helmans, so I had to settle...). On the other side, I put a small amount of Ortega Mild Taco Sauce. The taco sauce with the bacon, eggs, cheese and spices was a perfect combo. YUM!

(Reason I went for the sourdough was because I'm only doing a shorter bike ride today, so I won't be burning off a bagel, but this was REALLY good.)

It was the Taco sauce that tied it all together. Salsa, or Heinze Chile Sauce would work too, but Taco sauce was much better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink