Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 02:53 PM

3,169 posts, read 5,164,518 times

Advertisements

If I were you I'd call Comcast and plead my case. Surely they can offer you a break since the change was unexpected and Food Network is always common with most cable packages. Could you order FN a la carte?

You could also pull the old I'm leaving you and never ever coming back act. That usually gets results.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2010, 02:57 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,032,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMichele View Post
If I were you I'd call Comcast and plead my case. Surely they can offer you a break since the change was unexpected and Food Network is always common with most cable packages. Could you order FN a la carte?

You could also pull the old I'm leaving you and never ever coming back act. That usually gets results.
What a great idea, trying to get just Food Network!

Failing that, I'll threaten them.

The crying will help in both cases, I imagine...

ETA: I just got off the phone with them. Nope. They don't "sell" just one station. I wimped out on the "I'm leaving and never coming back" ploy -- I'll leave the tough-guy stuff to my husband. Sigh...

Old 05-23-2010, 03:57 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
No Diners/Drive-In and Dives????????????????? I'd be institutionalized.

Old 05-23-2010, 04:08 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,032,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
No Diners/Drive-In and Dives????????????????? I'd be institutionalized.
Seriously, right?
Now you'll know where to reach me by end of next week.

Old 05-23-2010, 04:45 PM

2,053 posts, read 4,816,054 times
Ok, I often complain you guys sometimes post off-topic, so I will allow myself a single post on that note.

I lost diy network, and I had no idea about that Comcast thing!

DandJ, I am sorry to hear that! You should try to get FN back, as we all like your posts. But as for DDDrives, I would be glad not to watch FN anymore, I can't stand it.

(And back to topic, I am not a fan of Guy Fieri at all. Cooking skills included.)

Old 05-23-2010, 05:05 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,190,090 times
One more OT comment. There's been a lot of comment in the trades regarding Comcast's recent changes. One subject has been technical, where Comcast has been digitizing and encrypting their signal requiring that subscribers having to pay a new fee for additional equipment that can receive the signal. The second is the one you're talking about here - the bundling of previously received channels into premium packages that subscribers have to pay extra for. Locally (Northern Virginia) people are angry that Comcast has bundled the "Hitler Channel" (History's Military Channel) into a premium sports package So yes, there are changes going on

Old 05-23-2010, 05:10 PM

3,169 posts, read 5,164,518 times
I have Comcast. Honestly, I haven't watched much television lately. Besides Army Wives, I rarely watch anything at all. I am ashamed to say that I haven't watched FN in the last 2 weekends.

Let me flip through my channels to see what's going on. I do believe that the Cooking Channel will replace DIY.

Old 05-23-2010, 06:04 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,814,543 times
I love Ina for the classic simplicity of her dishes with fresh herbs and local produce.

I like Tyler's recipes and enjoy watching him because he is kind of cute.

Giada is classically trained, a superb cook, and I've enjoyed making and eating some of her dishes, but I get tired of watching her. Love, love, love her Mushroom Parmigiana made with grilled portobellos.

I just can't help but equate Alton with a goofball, but I do enjoy his comments on Iron Chef. I use his brine recipe for Thanksgiving and we make his ice cream recipes in the summer.

I don't consider Sandra Lee a chef and really can't stand to watch her show.

Guy Fieri is fun to watch on DDD, but I'm not a fan of his cooking skills.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:35 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,026,063 times
Alton, Giada, Ina, Nigella, Jaime, Tyler, Emeril

Old 05-24-2010, 09:18 AM

2,053 posts, read 4,816,054 times

Obviously you all may post about anything you like...

The face above is bc all personalities/clothing of people at FNetwork have been discussed sooo many times, - and honestly, I find that so uninteresting - I just really meant to ask a question about cooking.

If one asks what you prefer (coffee/tea), it is not really interesting to learn whether you think the restaurant walls could also use a better paint color...

But feel free to post as off-topic as you like.

Last edited by Miaiam; 05-24-2010 at 10:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink