Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2021, 10:33 AM

1,084 posts, read 1,881,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce88 View Post
Only the 10 speed auto, which is smooth.
Mine is nothing like SMOOTH right now. I have my third try to stop the jerking scheduled next Thursday.

I am glad you have a smooth ride.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2021, 11:44 AM

Default Follow up

Took Ranger to dealer today. No codes showed. They found Technical Service Bulletin 20-2339 issued September 24, 2020.

They reprogrammed the Powertrain Control Module.

As they say, "Only time will tell". Thanks to all who responded.

Old 10-14-2021, 12:13 PM

5,451 posts, read 6,041,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballjunkie View Post
Took Ranger to dealer today. No codes showed. They found Technical Service Bulletin 20-2339 issued September 24, 2020.

They reprogrammed the Powertrain Control Module.

As they say, "Only time will tell". Thanks to all who responded.
Keep a paper trail of all your service on that transmission. If you go to any of the Ford Truck forums you will find several owners that have gone the reprogramming route and had little to no success.
Some feel it is Ford's way of kicking the can down the road to end of warranty.

There are a good number of 10 speeds that are servicing their owners well, but there is an above average amount that are not.

Old 10-15-2021, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
Keep a paper trail of all your service on that transmission. If you go to any of the Ford Truck forums you will find several owners that have gone the reprogramming route and had little to no success.
Some feel it is Ford's way of kicking the can down the road to end of warranty.

There are a good number of 10 speeds that are servicing their owners well, but there is an above average amount that are not.
I always get and keep pretty good records. I don't feel this is going to fix it from the little bit of driving I did yesterday after getting it out of the shop.

Old 10-15-2021, 12:22 PM

2,873 posts, read 2,059,786 times
Man, I’m so sorry, this has to be frustrating. Please update this thread as your situation changes. I’ve got an F150 SCREW that’s been great to date but for some occasion computer display gremlins that seems to change preferences from day-to-day. That seems to be case for the AC settings. I turn it off and it seems to continue as if it’s on. Other than that, flawless.

Old 11-02-2021, 09:44 AM

Default Update 11-2-21

Back to the dealer and took a 40 minute ride with the Service Adviser. Did not jerk or buck one time but it did it on my way to the dealer. Go figure. So frustrated right now.

Old 12-31-2021, 06:03 AM

Visited a different dealer yesterday and was told they are refusing to do any work on the ten speed transmissions at this time. That sure tells me something but doesn't help.

I asked about doing the select setting and shifting myself and he said I could also just hit the minus button after it was in gear and take it down to as low as a six speed to see if that would help. I am going to try that as that anything is worth a try to me.

Old 12-31-2021, 06:47 AM

5,451 posts, read 6,041,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballjunkie View Post
Visited a different dealer yesterday and was told they are refusing to do any work on the ten speed transmissions at this time. That sure tells me something but doesn't help.

I asked about doing the select setting and shifting myself and he said I could also just hit the minus button after it was in gear and take it down to as low as a six speed to see if that would help. I am going to try that as that anything is worth a try to me.

Sorry to hear you are still having issues with the 10 speed. There has been at least one class action lawsuit that I'm aware of, keep searching the web, there is new stuff popping up everyday regarding those 10 speeds.

Old 12-31-2021, 07:07 AM

17,295 posts, read 22,013,755 times
Truck values are at an all time high, just trade it and move on before it runs out of warranty

Old 12-31-2021, 07:49 AM

6,735 posts, read 4,416,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Truck values are at an all time high, just trade it and move on before it runs out of warranty

This is what I recommend. Before you have to dump a lot of money into it. I've heard about some bad issues with the Ranger never getting fixed right. I have some friends that refuse to buy another Ford product because of they way they were treated at the stealership. My take is. Do you really need a 10 speed transmission in a truck this size. Another instance of Ford over engineering something to the point where they cant fix it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln