Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 04:42 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,515,251 times

Advertisements

Australia: Ford Performance Vehicles Releases F6 E, Aimed at Execs
Only a 4 liter 415 hp rear wheel drive sports sedan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 11:02 AM

5,994 posts, read 20,069,075 times
Australia is strange in that its consumers seem to support crude high powered cars like Americans used to. The El Camino car/truck design never got old in Australia and they are selling 400hp V8 powered models today.

Old 08-11-2009, 02:12 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,515,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
Australia is strange in that its consumers seem to support crude high powered cars like Americans used to. The El Camino car/truck design never got old in Australia and they are selling 400hp V8 powered models today.
Yep, it's based on the Ford Falcon, a rear wheel drive sedan. I really wish they still had the Falcon here today. Basic family transportation in one version, super hotrod in another, and a decent performance model in between. Then add to that the same car minus the rear seats and trunk for an imitation truck like vehicle. It could be brought here as a Lincoln and be a BMW3 series competitor.

Old 08-11-2009, 02:55 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times
Quote:
Crude???

What exactly is 'crude' about them?

One thing I have a problem with is most of their performance vehicles have two too many doors...

Old 08-11-2009, 02:58 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,069,075 times
They aren't refined in the typical BMW/MBZ/Audi sense. They are visually garish/crude (but I like it), skip the features and jump right in with a high power V8 and a well tuned suspension. I'm all for it but its a car lovers mentality that’s dying in the states. Australia has more modern muscle cars than we do.

Old 08-11-2009, 03:00 PM

Quote:
They aren't refined in the typical BMW/MBZ/Audi sense. They are visually garish/crude (but I like it), skip the features and jump right in with a high power V8 and a well tuned suspension. I'm all for it but its a car lovers mentality that’s dying in the states. Australia has more modern muscle cars than we do.
As refined or as dull?

Old 08-11-2009, 04:16 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
Never in a million years. Kickass variations of the Australian Falcon have been around for a couple decades but Ford has never showed so much as a passing interest in selling them here. At any rate, they've staked their North American high-performance turbo engine fortunes on the 3.5L ecoboost. At this point they're not going to go through the huge expense of federalizing what would be a mostly redundant power plant. And if they had to pick one or the other, I wish they'd have developed the 4.0 for the North American market instead; if you're going to do 6 cylinders I much prefer inline to a V configuration. But V6's are much easier to package than straight 6's. It has always amazed me though the kind of cars Ford and GM will develop for such a small market as Australia with limited export. I'd also love to see a true mid-sized RWD sedan platform, but U.S. fuel economy mandates don't make it practical.

Old 08-11-2009, 04:24 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,186,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Yep, it's based on the Ford Falcon, a rear wheel drive sedan. I really wish they still had the Falcon here today. Basic family transportation in one version, super hotrod in another, and a decent performance model in between ...
I've always been interested in the Falcon XA and XB models in the Australian 1979 movie Mad Max. Certainly nothing like the tame family cars I knew here in the states. There's a lot of information about them on the web.

Mad Max Cars and Other Mad Max Vehicles

YouTube - Mad Max - Opening Chase Scene

Old 08-11-2009, 04:35 PM

I had a XA Fairmont,basically an 'upscale' Falcon.

It was a rusty and pretty worn out however...plus hipo parts were VERY $$$ in Australia.

What was always a sight to see there was an American car,we hardly EVER saw anything and it was always seen as something exotic,even if it was a plain jane Mustang or Firebird.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:16 PM

2,421 posts, read 6,954,900 times
They could have looked at the V8 "GT" version instead. But It still would be interesting to see, if the FG Falcon F6 E will ever get released in America?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln