Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 07:53 PM

629 posts, read 1,720,638 times

Advertisements

An update - the bank just approved things so now it's just a matter of getting the inspection/appraisal/survey squared away and I *should have a house! Assuming it takes another month to get to closing that would make it about 3 months from start to finish for the whole short sale process.

*This of course assumes the bank doesn't change their mind again in the meantime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 01:56 PM

2,310 posts, read 6,822,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL2MT View Post
An update - the bank just approved things so now it's just a matter of getting the inspection/appraisal/survey squared away and I *should have a house! Assuming it takes another month to get to closing that would make it about 3 months from start to finish for the whole short sale process.

*This of course assumes the bank doesn't change their mind again in the meantime.
Congrads!! where are you located and what bank are you dealer with?

Old 02-01-2011, 08:17 PM

629 posts, read 1,720,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmyk72 View Post
Congrads!! where are you located and what bank are you dealer with?
I'm in the central Florida area and the lender that needed to give approval was JP Morgan Chase.

Old 02-17-2011, 12:45 PM

468 posts, read 1,378,916 times
HAFA paperwork was declined 2 days ago.

File is now over at the investors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachstatehomegal View Post
Seller signed offer on 12-22-2010

Upload docs and FINALLY complete all tasks & docs (correctly!) in Equator Jan 19 - what a hassle! lol - I will say it took time for seller to provide some of their info, though.

Assigned to a negotiator and Bank called for formal appraisal instead of just BPO on Jan 24

Appraisal done on Jan 27

Sellers HAFA paperwork is still in underwriting - has been there since at least Jan 13

To be continued!

Old 02-22-2011, 06:04 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,787,321 times
Ours... we inspected the place Wednesday of last week (suspected problems, but they turned out to be very minor). I ran comparable recent sales and deducted for items pointed out on the inspection that were safety related. Put in an offer on Saturday along with supporting documentation. Sellers accepted, now it's with a lawyer and the bank (Wells Fargo).

To be continued...

Old 02-28-2011, 06:55 PM

Update -

Feb 10 - HAFA was declined, buyer's offer still in 'evaluation'

Feb 17 - paperwork went to investor

Feb 28 - got 'verbal approval' from bank - hope to have written confirmation of approval tomorrow

To be continued!

Quote:
HAFA paperwork was declined 2 days ago.

File is now over at the investors.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:37 PM

2,310 posts, read 6,822,200 times
Default MA area

My Update:
Mid Dec 2010: House listed at $400K. Short sell w/ 2 mortgages (possibly same lender). Offer submitted @$373K.
Mid Jan 2011: Received signed acceptance from sellers, got word from seller's attorney that SS application w/ my offer was submitted to bank. Looks like there were no other buyers.
End Feb 2011: Seller's attorney email said 2nd mortgage just approved. So now it's waiting for the 1st mortgage..... to be continued.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:41 PM

Well, we have a 'closing contact' over there (thru Equator) and working on trying to set a closing date of next week - crossing my fingers!!

Quote:
Update -

Feb 10 - HAFA was declined, buyer's offer still in 'evaluation'

Feb 17 - paperwork went to investor

Feb 28 - got 'verbal approval' from bank - hope to have written confirmation of approval tomorrow

To be continued!

Old 03-10-2011, 08:37 AM

220 posts, read 835,811 times
What's the typical short-sale procedure(s)? I submitted my offer. The owner(s) did not acknowledge us whether they accepted the offer or not. However, I contacted my agent, he said that we are waiting on the lender's approval. I'm confused. I thought the sellers would accept our offer first...then wait for the bank approval, no?

Old 03-10-2011, 08:59 AM

4,511 posts, read 13,575,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzone View Post
What's the typical short-sale procedure(s)? I submitted my offer. The owner(s) did not acknowledge us whether they accepted the offer or not. However, I contacted my agent, he said that we are waiting on the lender's approval. I'm confused. I thought the sellers would accept our offer first...then wait for the bank approval, no?
Some agents will submit unsigned offers to the bank and let the bank chose the one they will accept, then have the seller sign it. Not good from a buyer's perspective. You should insist on getting a signed acceptance from the seller. However, ask your agent if there may be some other reason why you have not received a signed contract yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs