Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2011, 06:17 PM

102 posts, read 229,403 times

Advertisements

I am waiting for my purchase to become a reality. Way back in October, my mortgage company was falling over their feet to get my loan. I was given my LSR, and even had the value upped in December. I made an offer on a Freddie Mac home that was accepted. The last sale price of the home was 265K back in '05, and I got the property for 95K and the price of repairing a fubared heat pump.

What is really pissing me off is that my lender is now dragging things out. The home is an investment property, but I do have people I know setup to lease the house from me. The rent will pay my mortgage plus give me some positive cash flow. I will ultimately move into the home in 2-3 years. I co-signed for two of my daughters on auto loans years ago to get them better interest rates, and the lender is looking at those. I also co-signed student loans years ago, and they are looking at those too. Why the hell didn't they question those back in October? I already paid the hope inspector, and the appraisal fee, so if things don't work out I'm out almost 1K. I also have 1K in earnest money floating out there.

I ame putting down 20K on a 95K home. What a hassle it is turning out to be. If I realized the trouble it was going to be, I might have reconsidered. Just venting.. I hope to know what the decision is this week!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs