Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 12:15 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,447,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocontengencies View Post
I think the trashing and looting of houses is due to loans being given to people that never should have been approved for them.
Bingo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 12:37 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
I know this stuff happens but I was a bit surprised after a visit from a family member this weekend and told us they were doing this. They told us they are losing one of their homes. I personally believe it was an intentional dump from the beginning. They bought a second house a year ago and just seemed to forget about the first place. When most people move they discuss selling their house and so on but it was like their first house never existed. So they finally said they were in the foreclosure process with the first place. The home they currently live in needs a lot of work and they decided to strip the first house of kitchen cabinets, fixtures and bathrooms to put those items in their new place. I'm pretty shocked they are doing this. It just seems pretty trashy to me. We have another family member that lost their home and they were completely devastated by the whole thing. The wife even cleaned the house top to bottom when they moved out showing pride even though they had to leave. I'm wondering if banks actually pursue people for damaging a property like that.
In CA it is a crime.

Ex-homeowners charged in house damage | Local News | PE.com | Southern California News | News for Inland Southern California

San Diego Cop Charged with Looting Foreclosed Home - San Diego 6 (http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local/story/San-Diego-Cop-Charged-with-Looting-Foreclosed-Home/eKd231jNn0-v4Zj-JbYEuA.cspx - broken link)

Old 03-28-2011, 01:53 AM

5,548 posts, read 16,080,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocontengencies
Homes in group 1 far outnumber group 2.
I'm really sorry to hear that.

I've got to assume that as time goes on, group 1 will become smaller than group 2
since group 2 people will tend to try to work on staying much longer and by their
very nature, will have un-American tendencies like having liquid savings to tap.

Don't get me wrong, I still hate the banks and blame them for allowing group 1
to exist in the first place. group 1 isn't hurting the banks by being dick-ish since
the banks don't own the loans nor the REO homes - Fannie and Freddie do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs